Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences was founded by the Government of Karnataka as Autonomous Medical College in the year 2015. It caters to the urgent need for medical doctors, nurses, and technicians. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences of Health Sciences and approved by the Medical Council of India. The college aims to provide education with affordable fees for all the sections of society. The Medical Council of India has approved intake of 150 seats per year under MBBS. The average passing percentage is more than 80% for the regular batches. Both regular batch and odd batch have a high pass out percentage.
KIMS Koppal Highlights
|Established | Type||2013 | Government|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Entrance Exam||National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||NEET Score/ KCET Score|
|Campus Area||25 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Lecture Hall, Library Hall, Hostels, Examination Hall, Auditorium of 1000 seating capacity, Hospital beds with 650 capacity|
KIMS Koppal Courses
The institute offers an undergraduate program in medical sciences. The details for the same are listed below:
|MBBS||Duration: 5.5 years
Eligibility: 12th examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
Selection Criteria: NEET / KCET Score.
Click here KIMS Koppal Courses and Fees
KIMS Koppal Admission
Before applying for the Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences, the candidate must apply for NEET Counselling conducted by the Government of Karnataka. Candidates who have appeared for the KCET test can also apply for the program in this college.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to follow the below steps while applying for the admission into Koppals Institute of Medical Sciences College.
- Download the Application form from the official site.
- Fill in the details by handwriting in capital letters.
- Submit three sets of application form along with the copies of documents required for admission. Admission fees shall be paid through challan in SBI, KOPPAL, Branch.
Check KIMS Koppal Admission
KIMS Koppal Placement
The Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences provides in-house training for all its students in the course of time. There is a separate placement cell for the practical training offered by the experts in various fields, who not only guides the students to choose the career path but also advises them on their personal growth.
The candidates interested in these posts can apply by submitting their documents in the registrar with the application fee of INR 500 paid in the form of Demand Draft towards the College.
Know more KIMS Koppal Placement
KIMS Koppal Scholarship
The college recognizes merit and talent of students through scholarship under the following categories:
- KIMS Merit Scholarship: The candidates for this scheme are selected on the basis of Merit and authentic documents.
- Students from EWS: This scheme is for the purpose of giving opportunities to the OBC candidates who are registered for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D. research on a full time or regular basis. The selection of this scheme is conducted by the Expert Committee under the guidelines of the scheme.
- Merit & National Scholarships: The scholarship waivers a certain amount of the College fees and students can have the chance to take any program of their field, provided they are on the merit list on the qualifying exam.
To avail for the above scholarship, a candidate must apply for the relevant scholarship at the beginning of the academic year or as per the date mentioned on the State and Central scholarships.
Read more KIMS Koppal Scholarship
KIMS Koppal Facilities
Below are mentioned some of the facilities available for the students during their tenure with Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences:
- Lecture halls: Well-furnished lecture hall complexes with four well-furnished air-conditioned theatre type individual lecture halls are available for teaching purposes.
- Auditoriums: An auditorium of capacity 1000 members is available for conducting college day, convocation, and other major functions. In addition, a separate air-conditioned mini auditorium of 350 seating capacity is available.
- Student Counseling Centre: Students receive support for the academic programs and are trained for the Internship in different companies at the time of Placement.
- Computer Lab: The lab is well equipped with for the faculties, students, and researchers. The high-speed internet connectivity is over 1 Gbps which is useful for enlarging student’s overall knowledge and perspectives.
- Library: The Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences is equipped with two libraries for both the campus. The Library is a fully air-conditioned and spacious environment, with a WIFI network and free internet access to all.
Click here KIMS Koppal Hostel
KIMS Koppal Faculty
The Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences has the most highly qualified faculty who help the students not only at the academic level but also train them for facing the Industry. Some of the faculties of the Institute are listed below:
- HOD: 14
- Associate Professor: 13
- Assistant Professor: 38
- Tutor: 13
Check KIMS Koppal Faculty
KIMS Koppal FAQs
Ques. What are the hostel fees for the students?
Ques. What is the Fee structure for the MBBS course in this college?
Ques. How long does the admission process take in this Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ques. Does this college adhere to the Anti-Ragging policy?
Ques. How many posts for Professor is available for the SC/ST candidates in the department of Radiology in Walk-in-Interview round?