Government Engineering College, Ramanagar is a technical institute established in the year 2007. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, and has been approved by AICTE. The college offers a Bachelor of Engineering program in 4 disciplines including Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Computer Science & Engineering. Admissions are done on the basis of a state-level entrance exam. The college is equipped with good infrastructural facilities to improve the learning process. Campus recruitment drives are conducted every year with the aim of providing the final year students with employment opportunities.
GECR Ramanagar Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2007 | Government|
|Affiliation||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi|
|Approved By||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||KCET|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Mess, Library, Sports, Laboratories|
GECR Ramanagar Courses
Government Engineering College, Ramanagar offers the following courses at the UG level:
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
Read more: GECR Ramanagar Courses and Fees
GECR Ramanagar Admission
Admissions at Government Engineering College, Ramanagar are conducted every year by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in KCET.
How to apply?
- Visit the official site of KEA at kea.kar.nic.in
- Register by entering all the details asked
- Fill up the educational and personal information in the application form
- Upload scanned images of a parent’s signature, photograph, thumb impression, signature
- Pay the required fee through E-challan
Check GECR Ramanagar Cut off
GECR Ramanagar Facilities
The college has many facilities for its students and teachers. They are as follows:
- Hostel Accommodation: The college has separate hostels for boys and girls. Single, as well as twin sharing rooms, are available. Accommodation is spacious with power backup, computers, and facilities for recreation.
- Sports Facilities: Many indoor and outdoor game facilities are available inside the campus including Basket Ball Court, Volley Ball Court and Badminton A swimming pool and playground for Cricket and Football is also available.
- Canteen: There is a canteen with an area of 400 meters Sq which is a little bit away from the academic block. It serves good & tasty food at an affordable price.
- Air-Conditioned Guest House: To attend conferences, workshops, and other teaching-learning activities, many professors, examiners, and Delegates from other places visit the college. For them, there are AC Guesthouses
- Other Facilities:
- Library & Information Centre
- Language Lab
- Staff Quarter
- Student’s activity Centre
Read more: GECR Ramanagar Hostel
GECR Ramanagar Faculty
The institute has a strong team of experienced faculty members who are highly knowledgeable in their respective fields. There are a total of 56 professors, assistant professors, and associate professors. Most of the faculty members hold Masters or Doctoral degrees in their respective fields.
- Professors: 08
- Assistant Professors: 32
- Associate Professors: 16
- Supporting Staffs: 20
- Lab Technicians: 20
Read more: GECR Ramanagar Faculty
GECR Ramanagar FAQs
Ques. Does GECR Ramanagar encourage co-curricular activities?
Ans. There are many co-curricular activities available at Government Engineering College, Ramanaga in which the students can actively participate. Some of them are Sports, Student Association, NSS, Cultural Activities, and CCTEK.
Ques. What is the fee structure at GECR Ramanagar?
Ans. The fee for a Bachelor of Engineering is INR 19,090 per semester. The total fees in 4 years are INR 76,360. Fees may change year wise.
Ques. Does GECR Ramanagar provide any training to build up communication skills?
Ans. Yes, the college has a Language Laboratory built up at approximately 100 sq. meters. The main motive is to help students in building up their communication skills. Students from rural backgrounds find this very helpful.
Ques. Does GECR Ramanagar provide a placement facility?
Ans. Yes, a training and Placement Centre is available which helps the students in getting employment opportunities. Campus recruitment drives are arranged for students of final year
Read more: GECR Ramanagar Placements
Ques. What is the KCET Cut-off to get admission in BE Mechanical Engineering at GECR Ramanagar?
Ans. As per the KCET cut off 2018 round 1, the cut off for Mechanical Engineering was 61919 for general category students. For the 1G category, cut off was 69784 and for the 2AG category, it was 72704