School Of Arts And Sciences (SAS) is an essential department of the Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad. The institution is Private and is committed to offering students an excellent liberal education, the School practices collaborative, inter-disciplinary learning from the outset. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate learning to the highest educational standards in a variety of disciplines, scrolling the range from mathematics to history and from visual arts to life sciences.
The School stresses the importance of collaborative, interdisciplinary learning and cross-field methodologies. Comprising five divisions (Biological and Life Sciences, Humanities and Languages, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Performing and Visual Arts, and Social Sciences), the Undergraduate programme enables students to tailor their own curriculum from courses spanning across these divisions as well the other Schools and Centres of the wider University.
SAS Ahmedabad Highlights
- Liberal education that offers the breadth of perspective as well as the depth of study. Faculty who are exceptional scholars from across the world: historians, philosophers, linguists, classicists and literary scholars.
- Students take courses of their interest subject to eligibility across four Schools and four Centres. Course offerings span Management, Commerce, Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Environment and Energy, Heritage Management, Entrepreneurship Students may enter Ahmedabad University with an Undeclared Major and specify their Major after two semesters of study.
- Unique learning initiatives:
- The Nalanda
- Independent Study Period
- Undergraduate ResearchProgramme
- Career Development Centre for placement and higher education.
- ‘VentureStudio’: AU’s incubator systematically nurtures and guides student start-up ventures.
Ahmedabad Education Society
School of Arts and Science
GICT Building, Central Campus,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad – 380009
SAS Ahmedabad University Courses
The School offers academic programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) and Bachelor of Science (Honours) degrees.
Bachelors of Science (Honours)
Students who complete Class XII or its Equivalent examination by June 2019 are eligible to apply. Class XII students, who are yet to receive their results, may apply through Early Admissions.
For Computer Science Major: Math English as a 1st / 2nd Language. Students without Math could gain eligibility for this Programme on earning specified credits in Math during their first year.
For Physics Major: Physics, Math English as a 1st or 2nd Language
Bachelors of Arts (Honours)
Students who complete Class XII or its equivalent examination by June 2019 are eligible to apply.
Class XII students, who are yet to receive their results, may apply through Early Admissions.
English as a 1st / 2nd Language
Math not compulsory
Open to all streams
Integrated Master of Science
Check: SAS Ahmedabad University Fee Structures
SAS Ahmedabad MOU or International Tie-ups
- Stanford University is Centre for Design Research and VentureStudio have a partnership to develop an entrepreneurial ecosystem in Ahmedabad through coaching and design of enterprise methodology.
- SEAS collaboration with Olin College of Engineering, USA is accelerating project-based learning especially in the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- 800 years old University of Valladolid, Spain and 700 old University of Ferrara, Italy are working with the Centre for Heritage Management for developing programmes and research activities in the area of heritage.
- SEAS collaboration with the University of Bradford will promote student & faculty exchange and joint research.
- Rennes School of Business, France has entered into a partnership with Amrut Mody School of Management for students exchange of BBA and Integrated MBA Programmes.
SAS Ahmedabad University Placements
The placement cell at SAS Ahmedabad University known as Career & Development Center organizes all essential seminars such as mock interview drills, soft skills training, PDs and GDs sessions, on and off campus tests and many other things to cope up the difficulties that students’ do face during their placement sessions. The CDC takes care of all placement concerned information and activities, including contacting companies interested in hiring to the students who are looking for a job.
SAS Ahmedabad University Scholarships
The School of Arts and Science at Ahmedabad University also offers scholarship programs in the shape of Financial Aid to the needy and meritorious students in numerous ways. The tuition fees for the year 2019 is INR 2 LPA. The School is committed to ensuring that deserving students get the support they require to get a quality education. A Financial Aid program exists to offer need-based scholarships for partial or complete fee waivers.