School Of Arts And Sciences (SAS) is an essential department of Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad. The institution is dedicated and is committed to offering students an excellent liberal education, the School practices collaborative, inter-disciplinary learning from the outset. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate learning to the highest educational standards in a variety of disciplines, scrolling the range from mathematics to history and from visual arts to life sciences.
The School stresses the importance of collaborative, interdisciplinary learning and cross-field methodologies. Comprising five divisions (Biological and Life Sciences, Humanities and Languages, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Performing and Visual Arts, and Social Sciences), the Undergraduate program enables students to tailor their own curriculum from courses spanning across these divisions as well the other Schools and Centres of the wider University. The main point about the campus is that the college offers several placements opportunities to students who are eligible for the placements.
|Application Cycle||Application Cycle Starts||Application Cycle Ends||Announcement of Decision|
|Early Admissions 1||November 23, 2020||December 31, 2020||January 16, 2021|
|Early Admissions 2||January 4, 2021||February 19, 2021||March 5, 2021|
|Early Admissions 3||February 22, 2021||April 30, 2021||May 14, 2021|
|Regular Admissions||May 3, 2021||To be announced Subject to the announcement of Class 12 results||To be announced Subject to the announcement of Class 12 results|
SAS Ahmedabad University Programs
Liberal education that offers the breadth of perspective as well as the depth of study. Faculty who are exceptional scholars from across the world: historians, philosophers, linguists, classicists and literary scholars. Students take courses of their interest subject to eligibility across four Schools and four Centres. Course offerings span Management, Commerce, Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Environment and Energy, Heritage Management, Entrepreneurship Students may enter Ahmedabad University with an Undeclared Major and specify their Major after two semesters of study.
- Unique learning initiatives:
- The Nalanda
- Independent Study Period
- Undergraduate Research Programme
- Career Development Centre for placement and higher education.
- ‘VentureStudio’: AU’s incubator systematically nurtures and guides student start-up ventures.
The School offers academic programs leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) and Bachelor of Science (Honours) degrees.
Bachelors of Science (Honours)
Bachelors of Arts (Honours)
Integrated Master of Science
SAS Ahmedabad University Admission
In order to apply for admission to SAS Ahmedabad University, the eligible candidates are required to follow the online mode. The steps required to apply for admission to the college are as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website here: https://ahduni.edu.in/
- Click on the “Apply now” option
- Fill in the registration form and obtain your respective login credentials
- After this, you can log in to the portal successfully
- Now, fill the detailed application form online through the official application portal
- Upload scanned copy of all the required documents
- Upload your Photograph and Signature
- Upon submission, you are required to pay the application fee
- When the fees is paid, the applicants can click on submit to complete the application process
SAS Ahmedabad University Placements
The placement cell at SAS Ahmedabad University known as Career & Development Center organizes all essential seminars such as mock interview drills, soft skills training, PDs and GDs sessions, on and off-campus tests and many other things to cope up the difficulties that students’ do face during their placement sessions.
The CDC takes care of all placement concerned information and activities, including contacting companies interested in hiring to the students who are looking for employment opportunities.
Check: SAS Ahmedabad University Placements
SAS Ahmedabad University Scholarships
The School of Arts and Science at Ahmedabad University also offers scholarship programs in the shape of Financial Aid to the needy and meritorious students in numerous ways. The tuition fee for the year 2020 is INR 2.5 LPA. These scholarships are offered so that deserving students get quality education unhindered, without financial difficulty being an obstacle.
The School is committed to ensuring that deserving students get the support they require to get a quality education. A Financial Aid program exists to offer need-based scholarships for partial or complete fee waivers.
Check: SAS Ahmedabad University Scholarship
SAS Ahmedabad University Faculty
The institute has a highly qualified faculty consisting of several highly qualified and accomplished members across all of its departments. The members of the faculty are all highly experienced and have considerable experience in their fields. Many of the faculty members are Ph.D holders in their respective disciplines.
All the faculty members are divide into several departments of the university. These include Social Sciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Humanities and Languages, and Biological and Life Sciences
Check: SAS Ahmedabad University Faculty
SAS Ahmedabad University Facilities
SAS offers many facilities to students around the campus so that they can receive quality education, state of the art infrastructure, as well as memorable and comfortable campus life.
- Library: The library is stocked with specialized and general books, journals, magazines, periodicals, research publications, case studies. The students can easily access the resources within the campus.
- Hostels: It offers hostel facilities to both boys and girls within close proximity to the campus. All necessary facilities required for residence are provided to the students.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are well-ventilated, spacious, air-conditioned and fitted with advanced audiovisual equipment.