Ahmedabad University is a private, non-profit university that offers programs at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral levels in the field of Commerce, Humanities and Engineering. It has 4 schools and 4 centers with numerous scholarship opportunities. The admission process of the university consists of a holistic review of the candidate. It also accepts the score of JEE (Main) and GATE.
Ahmedabad University Highlights
|Type of University||Private|
|Campus Area||250 acres|
|Students Enrollment||3014-UG | 146-PG | 44-Doctoral|
|Faculty Strength||121-Full-time | 56 Visiting|
|Approvals & Accreditations||UGC and AICTE|
|International Partnerships||UC San Diego|
|Wright State University|
|Rennes School of Business|
|Olin College of Engineering|
|University of Bradford|
Ahmedabad University Courses
Listed below are the courses offered by the University with their eligibility criteria:
|Course Name||Eligibility (Class 12th)|
- English as a 1st/2nd language
- Open to all candidates
|B.Com Professional (Hons)|
|BBA (Hons) |
- English as a 1st /2nd language
- Must have studied Maths/Biology/Physics
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- English as a 1st / 2nd Language
- Valid JEE (Main) score
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks |
|Master of Management in Heritage Management|
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ technology in CE/ CSE/ EE/ ECE with 60% marks
- Valid GATE or PGCET score
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 60% marks
- Must have qualified CSIR-UGC-NET
Ahmedabad University Admissions
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility requirements can apply to the respective course through both online and offline mode. Before applying online, the candidate shall have to procure PIN Cover by paying INR 1000/- (non-refundable) per discipline in cash to any designated branch of Dena Bank.
Admission is based on a Holistic Review (except for B.Tech and M.Tech) that comprises the following criteria:
- Academic performance (Class 10, 11 and 12)
- Personal Statement
- Extracurricular/Sports/Co-curricular achievements of the candidate
- Personal Interaction
For B.Tech, the University accepts the JEE (Mains) score or ACPC process of Govt. of Gujarat. Similarly, for admission to M.Tech, the candidate must have a GATE or PGCET score.
- A student in the Integrated Masters Programme receives the bachelor ’s as well as the master’s degree at the end of the successful completion of the five-year Programme.
- A student has the provision to opt-out from the fifth year and receives a bachelor’s degree with Honours after meeting all prescribed requirements for this option.
- A student can pursue a Dual Major, i.e., two majors from the same school or different schools subject to school level eligibility requirements.
Ahmedabad University Placements
The University’s Career Development Centre helps prepare students for careers after their University education. It organizes aptitude tests and workshops that give students a better sense of their own mistakes and It provides counseling & mentoring on areas of interest, information on various industries and guidance to those seeking Graduate education.
|Specifications||2016||2017||2018 (till Feb)|
|No of Companies participating||65||56||54|
|Maximum Salary Offered||4 LPA||15.5 LPA||15.5 LPA|
|Average Salary||2.93 LPA||4.82 LPA||4.65 LPA|
Some of the companies where students have been employed include:
|Amara Raja||Amazon||Amul||Arvind Ltd.||Asahi Ltd.||Axis Bank|
|Asian Paints||Decathlon||Reliance Retail||Vodafone||Zomato||Yes Foundation|
|Berger Paints||Nestle||Yes Bank||Tatvic||Zeus Learning||MRF|
|Fab India||Elko EP||Directi||Coviam||Godrej & Boyce||VVDN Technologies,etc.|
Check: Ahmedabad University Placements
Ahmedabad University Scholarships
The University provides scholarships to deserving and meritorious students to help them obtain an education. The following is a brief about the same:
- Need-based Scholarship: To be eligible for this scholarship, a student needs to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.0 in a year.
- Merit-based Scholarship: This will be given to 1st-year students at the time of admission to any UG program. They will obtain a 100% waiver of the tuition fees for the first year.
Apart from these, the students admitted through the Admission Committee for Professional Courses by Govt of Gujarat will be eligible for a full fee waiver of the tuition fee. This scholarship will be provided for all 4 years.
Click here: Ahmedabad University Scholarships
Ahmedabad University Facilities
Given below are some of the facilities offered to the students by the University:
- Library: The library is stocked with specialized and general books, journals, magazines, periodicals, research publications, case studies. The students can easily access the resources within the campus.
- Hostels: It offers hostel facilities to both boys and girls within close proximity to the campus. There are 3 types of rooms available as per students’ need i.e. Large Room, Medium-sized rooms; and Regular-sized rooms. The University also provides transportation facility with drop and pick up facility from hostel and University.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are well-ventilated, spacious, air-conditioned and fitted with advanced audiovisual equipment.
About Ahmedabad University
Ahmedabad Universitywas established in 2009 by the Ahmedabad Education Society, an 80-year old Foundation. It was conceptualized under the aegis of Ahmedabad Education Society (AES). Ahmedabad University is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC). The campus is located in the Navrangpura area of Ahmedabad city with 250 acres of land.
Ahmedabad University Schools
Ahmedabad University provides Undergraduate Programs across four schools and four centers. Each school has its own unique institutional characteristics and guiding vision, yet they all are driven by a common enthusiasm that fosters interdisciplinary learning and organic exchange that strives towards the development of innovative solutions to present-day problems. Following schools are open for undergraduate admissions:
Ahmedabad University Faculty
The University has exceptional faculty members who are holding great experience in their various specializations. Many of the faculty hold doctoral degrees from universities of national and international repute. Given below is a brief about the faculty members:
Ms. Shilpa Bhat
- Designation: Assistant Professor (Communication Area)
- Qualifications: M.A. Ph.D., and M.Phil
- Areas of interest: South Asian Narratives, Canadian Studies, Diaspora Studies, and Postcolonialism
Mr. Sudhir Pandey
- Designation: Senior Lecturer
- Areas of Interest: Communication, Urban Culture, and Virtual Communication
Ms. Ratna Ghosal
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualifications: M.Sc, Ph.D.
- Areas of interest: Ecology, Animal behavior, Conservation biology
Mr. Ashwin Pande
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualifications: M.A (Maths), MS, Ph.D.
- Achievements: Postdoctoral Fellowship at Mathematics, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Mr. Vivek Tanavde
- Qualifications: Ph.D. in Applied Biology
- Contributions: Secretary of Stem Cell Society, Singapore
Ahmedabad University FAQs
Ques. How is Ahmedabad University?
Ans. The core of good institutions is the methodology of learning they adopt in their curriculum. Ahmedabad University serves an amazing platform of creative learning through choice based electives ranging from technological theories to business to astronomy to culture. If you are a student who looks forward to learning through practice then this is the right place for you.
Ques. Which is a better college: Ahmedabad University or Indus University?
Ans. Ahmedabad University is better than Indus University in terms of academics, infrastructure, placement, and faculty. AU has the best faculty for all courses and they have various visiting faculties from the best colleges in India. It also has foreign university collaborations and that makes it unique.
Ques. How is Mechanical Engineering at ICT, Ahmedabad University?
Ans. The students are provided with the facility of project-based learning and other modern equipment. The faculty members at the school are highly experienced and educated. The admission to the course is done on the basis of ranking in ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses). The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences is also known for good placement records.