National Institute of Homeopathy (NIH), Kolkata is one of the reputed government homeopathic institute which was established in 1975. This institute offers 2 programs. One is BHMS for UG level and other is M. D. for PG level which is offered in 6 subjects. This institute is approved by Central Council of Indian Medicine.
The admission procedure for the courses is solely on the basis of marks obtained in NEET UG and NEET PG for the respective PG courses.
NIH Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1975 | Autonomous|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine.|
|Affiliation||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG for BHMS & NEET-PG for MD|
|Courses Offered||UG course and PG course in 6 specializations|
|Application Mode||Online for MD, Offline for BHMS|
|Admission Criteria||Based on NEET marks|
|Campus Area||16 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratory, Hostel, Cafeteria, Auditorium, Hospital/Medical Facilities|
NIH Kolkata Courses
Two of the courses offered by this institution is tabulated as follows:
Read More: NIH Kolkata Courses and Fee Structure
NIH Kolkata Admission
National Institute of Homeopathy offers admission into the UG BHMS course and MD which is a PG course in 6 different specializations. Admissions at the National Institute of Homeopathy are based on marks obtained by the students in NEET-UG and NEET-PG respectively and with at least 50% in the qualifying examination.
Students who wish to apply for the National Institute of Homeopathy must follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the application form from the official website of the institute.
- Send the filled application form to the National Institute of Homeopathy before the deadline along with the demand draft of INR 1000.
- Candidates are also required to send 3 recent colored passport size photographs of size (3.5x4.5cm).
- Candidates should send the duly filled in application form to the address (Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Block-GE, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700106)
- Shortlisted candidates are required to report at the Institute for the verification of their mark sheets and certificates, failing to which his/her candidature will be canceled.
Read More: NIH Kolkata Admission
NIH Kolkata Scholarship
National Institute of Homeopathy offers scholarships to the deserving and meritorious candidates in their respective courses. There are various scholarship programs offered under the following categories:
- Institute/University Merit Scholarship- This will be selected on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination or the current academic performances.
- EWS Scholarship- Students belonging to EWS (Economical Weaker Section) category whose income is less than INR 50,000 to 2 lakhs will be given this scholarship.
Read More NIH Kolkata Scholarship
NIH Kolkata Facilities
Following are the facilities available in National Institute of Homeopathy:
- Library- National Institute of Homeopathy has its own library which contains all kinds of books for students.
- Hostels- National Institute of Homeopathy provides hostel facilities for both girls and boys which can accommodate 75+ and 250+ students respectively at a time.
- Laboratory- National Institute of Homeopathy has laboratories catering to the needs of the students for their respective courses.
- Cafeteria- The institute has a spacious cafeteria catering to the nutritional requirements of students at a reasonable price.
- Medical/Hospital facilities- National Institute of Homeopathy has medical/hospital facilities available that are up to date with the current technology.
Read More NIH Kolkata Hostel
NIH Kolkata Faculty
National Institute of Homeopathy boasts faculty who are peerless experts in their respective fields. There are total of 27 teaching faculty members mentioned in the institute. All these faculties have dome M.D. in their respective specializations. All the teaching faculty are working in the under these departments at the institute: Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry, Organon of Medicine, Chronic Diseases, Homoeopathic Philosophy & Psychology, Materia Medica & Homoeopathic Therapeutics, Case taking and Repertorisation, Homoeopathic Pharmacy, Practice of Medicine & Paediatrics, Paediatrics (PG), Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Pathology, Bacteriology & Parasitology.
Read More NIH Kolkata Faculty
NIH Kolkata FAQs
Ques. Are there any chances of selection with NEET score of 500?
Ques. What is the location of the institute?
Ques. How many beds do hospital divisions of National Institute of Homeopathy have?
Ques. When was the institute established?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
- 10th Class Board Examination Certificate and marksheet
- 12th Class Marksheet, Admit Card, Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (latest)
- ID Proof
- NEET UG/PG Admit card & Result/Scoresheet
- SC/ ST/ OBC Certificate issued by authority (for applicable students)
- Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate from Board/University
- Self-attested passport size photographs.
- Resident Certificate of West Bengal if applicable