National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bhopal was established in the year 2008 by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. NIFT is a popular college brand and is the most premier institution of Fashion Designing and Technology in the country. Bhopal. It has been ranked 10thfor Fashion Design by The Week in 2017.
NIFT Bhopal offers 3 courses in total. The course at UG level is B.Des. in 2 specializations i.e. Accessory Design and Textile Design. At the PG level it offers a Master of Fashion Management program. Apart from this it offers a certification course of Fashion Design & Clothing Technology (FDCT).
Candidates must have passed 10+2 in any discipline to apply for the B.Des. and FDCT program. For the MFM course, they must have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
The admissions to B.Des and MFM will be provided based on NIFT Entrance Exam cutoff. However, the institute offers admissions to FDCT based on Personal Interviews.
The campus at Bhopal is equipped with facilities such as practical laboratories, IT labs, The Resource Centre, studios, accommodation and spacious classrooms. The institute gives equal importance to both theory and application making it unique in the domain of fashion studies.
NIFT Bhopal Important Dates
|Online Registration||21 Jan, 2021|
|Online Registration with late fee||24 Jan, 2021|
|Releasing of Admit Card||01 Feb, 2021|
|Entrance Exam||14 Feb, 2021|
NIFT Bhopal Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Ministry of Textiles|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||B.Design, M.F.M., FDCT|
|Popular Courses||B.Design, M.F.M.|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||NIFT Entrance Exam Performance (for B.Des and M.F.M) Merit-based with GDPI (for FDCT)|
|Top Recruiters||ITC, Landmark, Lifestyle International, Puma, Sabyasachi|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Laboratories, IT labs, Studios, Video Conference Room, Resource Centre, Canteen|
NIFT Bhopal Ranking
NIFT Bhopal has been ranked 10thin Fashion Design by The Week in 2017.
|The Week||10th (for Fashion Design)||2017|
NIFT Bhopal Courses
NIFT Bhopal offers B.Design. in two specialisations at the bachelor’s level, M.F.M at the master’s level, along with a FDCT course as part of the Continuing Education (CE) programme. The details of the courses offered are as follows:
|B.Design||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized board
Subjects: Fashion & Lifestyle Accessories, Textile Design
|M.F.M.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation/Diploma from any Recognized University
Subjects: Fashion Management
|CE Programme||Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized board
Subjects: Fashion Design & Clothing Technology (FDCT)
Read More: NIFT Bhopal Courses & Fee
NIFT Bhopal Admissions
Admissions at National Institute of Fashion Management, Bhopal generally take place through an entrance exam (NIFT) followed by other assessment procedures like group discussions and personal interviews.
Candidates for the B.Design and M.F.M course will be shortlisted for counselling based on their performance in NIFT exam. Selection would take place based on the NIFT score, situation test, group discussion and personal interview.
Candidates for the FDCT course would be selected based on merit followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The total seat intake of the college is 471 students. The seats are divided in the courses as follows:
|B.Design||Fashion & Lifestyle Accessories||121|
|Continuing Education (CE) Programme||Fashion Design & Clothing Technology (FDCT)||27|
How to Apply?
Students who wish to apply for the B.Design and M.F.M at NIFT Bhopal may follow the below steps for the admission process:
- Candidates must check their eligibility and apply for the qualifying exam online: NIFT Entrance Exam.
- Based on the score and rank obtained, candidates would be shortlisted for counselling. The allotment of seats is based on the NIFT score along with the Situation Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Students who wish to apply for the FDCT programme at NIFT Bhopal may follow the below steps for the admission process:
- Candidates must check if they are eligible to apply for the course.
- If eligible, candidates should obtain the admission form from NIFT Bhopal Centre either via post or by hand.
- Payment can be done through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of National Institute of Fashion Technology, which is payable at any of the NIFT centres.
- All applicants will have to attend the interview at NIFT, Bhopal to get assessed for their knowledge, skill and aptitude relevant to the course.
- In case of selection, full course fee, along with the Resource Centre membership fee will have to be deposited within the stipulated/notified time, failing which seat will be given to the candidate next on the merit list.
Read More: NIFT Bhopal Admission
Cut Offs (2019)
NIFT Bhopal Placements
Placements are available at NIFT Bhopal which opens up a lot of opportunities for the students studying here. The placement data as provided by the college shows an average salary of 4.3 lakhs p.a. for students pursuing B. Design (Accessory Design). Some of the popular recruiters include ITC, Landmark, Lifestyle International, Puma, Reliance Brands, Sabyasachi, Tommy Hilfiger, Vardhaman etc.
Read More: NIFT Bhopal Placement
NIFT Bhopal Scholarship
There are need-based scholarships available for students from economically weaker families. There are two types of scholarships:
- Sarthak: It provides financial assistance by providing a waiver of certain % of the tuition fee based on levels of family income. The benefits of the scheme do not apply for NRI candidates.
For Under-graduate students, the scheme is as follows:
|Category||Parental income ceiling p.a.||% of Financial Assistance|
|A||Upto Rs. 1.5 lakhs||100% of tuition fee|
|B||From Rs. 1.5 lakhs upto Rs. 2.5 lakhs||75% of tuition fee|
|C||From Rs. 2.5 lakhs upto Rs. 4 lakhs||50% of tuition fee|
For Post-graduate students, the scheme is as follows:
|Category||Parental income ceiling pa.||% of Financial Assistance|
|A||Upto Rs. 1.5 lakhs||75% of tuition fee|
|B||From Rs. 1.5 lakhs upto Rs. 2.5 lakhs||50% of tuition fee|
|C||From Rs. 2.5 lakhs upto Rs. 4 lakhs||25% of tuition fee|
- Udaan: It provides financial assistance to students wanting to go abroad for a semester exchange program. This scholarship is provided based on need and merit to students with low family incomes.
Read More: NIFT Bhopal Scholarship
NIFT Bhopal Facilities
Following are the facilities provided by the college to cater to the needs of the students:
- Hostel: The college offers hostel facilities for 65 first year girl students with well-equipped double or triple occupancy rooms. The hostel has various facilities including doctor on call, recreation room, indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
- Resource Centre: The Resource Centre supports the students, faculty and researchers by providing valuable information to its members via its services. Its services include – a. Library Wing, which has a rich collection of books, journals, audio-visual materials, copy disks etc., relevant to the topics of study; b. Material Wing, which consists of 300 garments, fabric swatches, handicrafts and accessories which aid students to receive hands-on-experience. Other services including book reservation, document clippings, photocopying and scanning services. The Resource Centre is fully equipped with internet.
- Design Studios: The college has 8 design studios
- Laboratories and Workshops: Fully equipped laboratories and workshops are present to help the students gain practical knowledge – Weaving lab, Dyeing & Printing lab, General and Leather workshops, along with 3D printer and Laser Cutter Machine.
- IT Labs: Fully equipped IT labs with high speed internet connection and latest graphic software, computerised embroidery machine, digital tablets and soft body dress forms.
- Other facilities: Other facilities at NIFT Bhopal include Canteen/Mess, Stationery Shop, Transport (bus), Healthcare (Doctor and Psychologist)
Read More: NIFT Bhopal Hostel Details
NIFT Bhopal Faculty
The faculty at NIFT Bhopal is highly qualified in the field of fashion design and technology and are committed to imparting strong foundations of knowledge in the students. The institute has dedicated professors with good qualifications. For more information on faculty, visit
Read More: NIFT Bhopal Faculty
Ques. Is NIFT Bhopal a good college?
Ques. What are the documents required while applying for an admission in this college?
- Attested copies of certificates proving candidate’s eligibility for the programme applied for.
- Attested copies of documents providing details of work experience if applicable.
- In case a working professional is applying for any programme, then the candidate is supposed to submit a certificate from his/her current employer stating his/her position in the organization.
Ques. Is there any relaxation for students having reservations?
Ques. Is there any particular uniform for the college?
Ques. Are there placements available for all the courses at NIFT, Bhopal?