School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) is a premier educational institution located in Pune, Maharashtra, dedicated to imparting quality education in the field of Fashion technology. It was established in 1998 under the tutelage of Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS), Pune, India in collaboration with National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi.
School of Fashion Technology, Pune currently offers a 4-year Bachelor’s in Design (B. Design) program in affiliation with S.N.D.T. Women’s University (Mumbai). Additionally, it offers a 3-year UG program in Fashion Design and two 2-year PG Diploma programs in Fashion Brand Design & Technology, and Fashion Buying & Merchandising in association with Accademia Costume & Moda, Rome (Italy).
- Only online mode of application and fee payment is allowed.
- Candidates must pay a one-time registration fee of INR 2800 prior to taking the Online Test (SOFT-CET).
- Candidates must email a scanned copy of their Class XII marks sheet (and Graduation marks sheet for PG courses) to the admissions and administration departments after registering online.
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 in order to be eligible for the B. Design and Fashion Designing programs.
- For PG Diploma, candidate should have a Graduation degree in order to apply for admission.
- Candidates with 3-year Diploma in Dress Making and Garment Manufacturing or equivalent qualification recognized by AICTE/ 5-year Diploma in Fine Arts recognized by the State Technical Board/ Successful completion of 1st year Degree from NIFT are eligible for Lateral Entry (2nd year) to B. Design program.
- Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in a common online entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates are further evaluated on the basis of several parameters, viz. Studio Test/ Portfolio Presentation, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Reservation policy applicable as per S.N.D.T. Women's University/State Government of Maharashtra norms.
Highlights 2021 of School of Fashion Technology, Pune Admissions (Tentative)
|Name of the Institute||School of Fashion Technology, Pune|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Last Date to Apply||April 15, 2020|
|Name of Entrance Exam||SOFT-CET|
|Entrance Exam Date||May 18-20, 2020|
|Declaration of Merit List||May 29, 2020|
|Counselling Date||May 29, 2020- June 4, 2020|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative based on previous year important dates and subject to change as per discretion.