SOFT CET 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Syllabus & Results
SOFT CET is a university level exam conducted for admitting female aspirants into various UG, PG and Diploma courses in design offered by the School of Fashion Technology (SOFT), Pune. The institute is a renowned designing institute supported technically by NIFT. This year, SOFT CET 2019 is scheduled from May 8 to 11, 2019 (Online test and Studio test).
Latest: Candidates can fill the application form till April 15, 2019. Apply Online
- The application fee is INR 3000 (for B.Design) and INR 4000 (For Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure)
- The eligibility criterion for SOFT CET 2019 is as set up by the School of Fashion Technology. Check SOFT CET Eligibility
- The exam will comprise of an Online Test (60 Marks), Studio Test/Group Discussion (140 Marks) and Personal Interview (40 Marks).
- It consists of 60 objective type questions (MCQs) and each question will carry +1 marks. Check SOFT CET Exam Pattern
- Students can check SOFT CET result on May 23, 2019 at the official website.
SOFT CET 2019 Highlights
Interested aspirants must go through the highlights of SOFT CET 2019 tabulated below:
|Conducting body||School of Fashion Technology|
|Stages of exam||3- Online Test, Studio Test/ Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|Courses||B.Des., Diploma Course in Fashion Design, PG Course in FBDT and FBM|
SOFT CET 2019 Courses Offered and Seat
SOFT CET 2019 is a portal for admitting students into various UG, PG and Diploma programs. The courses offered in its campus are given below:
|Level||Course Name||Seats||Affiliation/Technical Support|
|Undergraduate Programs||B.Des Fashion Design||120||Affiliated To S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai|
|B.Des Fashion Communication||30|
|B.Des Textile Design||30|
|Diploma Program in Fashion Design||30||Industry integrated|
|Postgraduate Programs||Fashion Brand Design & Technology||30|
|PG Program in Fashion Buying & Merchandising||30|
SOFT CET 2019 Exam Dates
SOFT CET 2019 exam dates are given below:
|Commencement of online Application||November 15, 2018|
|Last date for submitting Application form||April 15, 2019|
|Issue of Admit Card||May 2019|
|Date of examination||May 8 to 11, 2019 (Date to be chosen by the student at the time of registration)|
|Declaration of result||May 23, 2019|
|Last date of Admission process||June 2019|
SOFT CET 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for SOFT CET 2019 is as set up by the School of Fashion Technology. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam.
The criteria for various courses are as stated below:
- Applicants should have passed or are appearing for class 12 exam from any stream, like Arts/ Commerce/ Science/ Home Science/ Minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC) including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Candidates who have Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) or State Govt. Technical Education full time diploma of minimum 2 years after class 10.
- NRI and international aspirants can apply if they have an equivalent certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
Fashion Design Diploma
- Students can apply for this course if they have passed class 12 exam in any stream including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Aspirant should be a graduate from any stream (10+2+3 or equivalent) to be eligible to apply for admission.
SOFT CET 2019 Application Form
SOFT CET 2019 Application form will be available online from November 15, 2018. Candidates can apply for SOFT CET 2019 by the online mode only. Online forms will be available on the official website of the institute.
Individuals can apply for more than 1 course by submitting 2 or more application forms. They will be able to choose the time and date suitable to them and apply accordingly. Students can apply via the online mode by following the simple steps stated below:
Step 1: Registration
- To register for SOFT CET 2019, applicants should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Mobile Phone Number, School last studied in, Test Centre, etc. and press Submit button.
- Students must then proceed to upload scanned image of their recent, passport sized Photograph as per the specifications given on the page
- The file should be in .jpeg format. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before ‘Final Submit’.
Step 2: Payment of Fees
- Applicants must then proceed to pay the requisite fees which can be done through both online and offline mode.
- They must save the receipt of the transaction as proof of payment.
Step 3: Confirmation of Application
- Candidates must print out their complete application form once the transaction is done. This page will be required for further rounds of admission.
- After registration and successful payment of fees, applicants will be given a Username and Password which should be used for logging into the exam. They will also be provided with 20 practice questions to solve after registration.
SOFT CET 2019 Application Fees
The application process will be considered complete only after the requisite fees are paid. Fees can be paid via both the online and offline method. The application fee is INR 3000 (for B.Design) and INR 4000 (For Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure).
Aspirants who fill the online application form must pay via Credit/ Debit card or by a computer-generated bank challan. They must enter the necessary bank and payment details and submit the challan in the bank.
SOFT CET 2019 Admit Card
SOFT CET 2019 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam around the 1st week of May 2019. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of SOFT, Pune. The institute will not send a hardcopy of the admit card to any student by post.
SOFT CET 2019 Hall ticket should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and it must be duly signed by the exam invigilator. It will contain details about the individual such as the Name and Roll number, Date of SOFT CET 2019 and other details. It is an important document of the exam and no student will be allowed to enter into the exam hall without it. Follow these steps to download SOFT CET 2019 Admit Card:
- Log on to the official website of SOFT.
- Go to the student’s login page. Enter username, password and security code given in the space provided. Click on ‘Login’.
- Admit card will appear. Save a soft copy and print it out.
- Participants must affix a recent, passport size photo on the admit card and carry a government issued photo ID (college ID card, PAN card, driving license, etc.) to the exam center for verification.
SOFT CET 2019 Exam center
SOFT CET 2019 will be conducted in the campus of the institute. It will be held at only 1 center and aspirants will not have an option to choose their preferred exam center.
SOFT CET 2019 Exam Pattern
SOFT CET 2019 exam will consist of 3 tiers- Online Test, Group Discussion/ Studio Test and Personal Interview. Candidates must note that all 3 stages of the entrance test are compulsory. The online test will contain objective questions (MCQs) divided into 4 sections- Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal/ Non-verbal Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Creative Ability. Each section will consist of 15 questions.
Every question will be followed by 4 alternative options as answers, out of which participant must choose one that seems the most appropriate. The marking scheme is given below-
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 marks.
- No marks will be deducted if no response is indicated in the optical answer sheet against a question.
- Negative marking will not be applicable in the designing test.
|Mode of SOFT CET 2019||Online and Offline|
|Number of questions||60|
|Stages of exam||3|
|Maximum marks||250 (Online Test- 60 marks, Studio Test/ Group Discussion- 140 marks and Personal Interview- 50 marks)|
|Medium of language||English|
SOFT CET 2019 Syllabus
The exam pattern will be similar to other state and national level exams for the particular courses. The exam will have questions which will test the candidate’s creativity and design-related skills. The level of knowledge will be class 12th (10+2) or equivalent qualifying exam. There is no definite syllabus laid down by the college for the exam. Some reference books for SOFT CET 2019 are mentioned below:
|Name of the book||Author Name|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K Gupta|
|General Mathematic||Manohar Pandey|
|Objective General English||R.S Aggarwal|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D Sharma|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey|
SOFT CET 2019 Result
SOFT CET 2019 Results will be declared on May 23, 2019 at the official website of the institute. The results will be announced in the form of score cards. Participants must download their results by accessing their registered accounts.
This can be done by following these few easy steps:
- Log on to the official website of SOFT, Pune.
- Click on the link related to ‘SOFT CET 2019 Result’.
- Aspirants will have to enter their username and password as given during registration. Click on ‘Submit’.
- The result will appear in the form of rank card. Download it and print it out for the further process of admission.
SOFT, Pune will publish a merit list of candidates who qualify the exam on the website after the declaration of results. Applicants can expect this list within a week of declaring the results. They will have to send a scanned copy of their class 12 result or a screen-shot of the same and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as also cc it to email@example.com.
The candidature of the students is not valid till the time the 12th Mark list is submitted and their name shall not appear in the merit list. The names of applicants will be enlisted in order of merit, according to ranks secured by them in SOFT CET 2019.
SOFT CET 2019 Counselling
SOFT CET 2019 Admission Process will start around the 2nd week of June 2019. Individuals must confirm their interest in taking admission within 4 days of declaration of the Merit List to the institute by e-mail. Students will then be required to report to the institute’s campus at the time and date allotted to them.
They will be allotted seats on the basis of merit and preference of course as chosen by them. They must be present in person for the admission process along with a parent or guardian. Applicants can confirm the seat they have been offer by following these steps:
- Participants who wish to take admission into the institute must send a confirmation mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc it to email@example.com failing which the seat will go to the waitlisted candidate.
- These applicants will be called in for completing the admission process according to the academic calendar uploaded on the website.
- Students will have to report to the institute with necessary documents and certificates which will be verified by the organizing body.
- They will have to pay the requisite tuition fee according to the course.
Documents verification is an important element of SOFT CET 2019 counseling. The documents required for counseling are: -
- SOFT CET 2019 Hall Ticket and Rank card
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Qualifying Degree mark sheet and certificate (for PG courses)
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Demand Draft of requisite fees
- Passport sized photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College