MIT Pune, now known as MIT World Peace University (MIT WPU) is a Private University which was established in the year 1983. The University is approved by UGC and AICTE. It is also accredited by NBA. MIT Pune Courses are offered through its Departments and Distance Education.
MIT World Peace University- known as MIT-WPU, is a center for scientific, educational, technological & spiritual development for the youth. We enable our students to face the challenges of the present and the future technical advancements of a fast changing world by incorporating best of academics, industrial, research and value-based education. Today students from extremely diverse backgrounds across the world are experiencing ‘Life transforming curriculum’ across equally diverse fields of study & professional study programs such as- Engineering, Subsurface Engineering, Marine Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Insurance, Telecom Management, Lighting, Design, Food & Technology, Retail Management, Business Administration, Management Studies, Political Leadership & Governance, Distance Education, and also School of Education. At any given point of time, more than 50,000 students are pursuing various courses across 65+ Institutes of MIT World Peace University.
Following is the List of Colleges under MIT WPU Pune:
MIT Pune Courses and Eligibility
MIT Pune offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level courses through its Departments and Faculties. These courses are offered in the field of Engineering & Technology, Management, Liberal Arts and Commerce, Education, Economics, Science, Design, Pharmacy, Film Studies, Law, Democracy Leadership and Governance, Media & Journalism and Photography.
MIT Pune Undergraduate Courses are offered to the candidates having passed 10+2/ equivalent (Relevant Stream) with minimum 45% – 60% marks in aggregate, depending upon the course.
MIT Pune Admissions to Postgraduate Courses are open for the candidates who holds Bachelor’s Degree (Relevant Field) with at least 45% - 60% marks in aggregate, depending upon the course.
Note: MIT Pune Courses Eligibility criteria varies from course to course. Therefore, the aspirants should go through the eligibility criteria separately for the required course.
JEE Main/ MHT CET Entrance Exam Score
GATE Entrance Exam Score
Entrance Exam conducted by University followed by GD &PI
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MH-CET/ ATMA Entrance Exam Score followed by GD, PI and Written Ability Test
Read More:MIT-WPU Pune Placements
MIT-WPU Pune Placements
MIT WPU aims at providing best placement opportunities to the candidates by proving them the requisite Training. The training programs include Soft Skill Training, Interview techniques, Personality Development Programs, Group Discussion Skills and Written/ Online Test Skills.
Highest Salary: 24 LPA
Average Salary: 6.25 LPA
Visiting Companies: Aditya Birla, Flipkart, Bridgestone, Amdocs, Barclays, Infosys, KPIT, Vodadone, Cognizant, Kotak Mahindra Bank and many more.
MoU with Leading Corporates
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
GI (India) Automations
VINSYS IT Services India
Grand View Research
BARCLAYS Technology Centre UK-India
Indian Merchant Chambers
National Institute of Securities Market
College of Engineering Munnar
Read More:MIT-WPU Pune Placements
MIT-WPU Rankings and Accreditations
- 30th Rank in India (TOI 2018)
- 3rd Best Private University in India (India Today 2018)
- NIRF 2017:(National Institutional Ranking Framework)
- Govt. of India - Ranked 47 among B-Schools in India
- Ranked 19 in India (West Zone) - The Week 2018
- Ranked 7 at Smart India Hackathon 2017 by Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
- Accredited by NBA, National Board of Accreditation, Govt. of India
- Ranked Platinum in Confederation of Indian Industries CII-AICTE Survey – 2016
- Educational Excellence Award 2016 at
- Indo-American Education Summit
- Maharashtra Education Summit
- Institute of the Year 2016 by Higher Education Review Magazine
Define your Future at MIT-WPU Pune
The degree of Masters in Business Administration and Masters in Computer Applications have been catapulting careers to unprecedented heights. MBA is a two-year full-time program that aims at providing comprehensive coverage of all important areas & disciplines for managing the current business scenario. Additionally, the program also aims to build socially and ethically sensitive managers with due emphasis on Rural Immersion Program, Innovations &Peace Program. The curriculum for MBA is spread over six trimesters. The core courses from each functional area of management help the students in developing the sound foundation. We have introduced Foundation Courses, Fundamental Core Courses, Fundamental Elective Courses, Domain Core Courses, Domain Elective Courses, and Peace Courses which enables students to enhance critical thinking & writing along with real application solutions through HBS Case Method. Moreover, students get the opportunity to pursue certifications in data analytics, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality to enhance employability.
- Enable students to further develop analytical and decision-making skills.
- Inculcate essential business & specialization skills blended with specialized knowledge in management that will prepare learners for the career across various corporate houses spread across the diverse industry.
- Aim for the holistic development of the students by inculcating business ethics and values with a broader objective of propagating the cause of World Peace.
- Introduce students a spectrum of concepts and theories that will enable them to critically analyze organizations contexts and functions both nationally and internationally.
- Enable students to recognize, plan and develop appropriate management skills necessary to build a strong network in the industry.
Research Culture that ensures
Giving our students, faculty, and researchers the resources and environments to ensure:
- Real-market application
- Collaborative approach for problem-solving
- Providing interdisciplinary opportunities