The Oxford College of Science is a college located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is a part of the Oxford Educational Institutions. The college was established in 1994 with 12 students, within two decades, the college has grown phenomenally with more than 3000 students. It is affiliated to the University of Bangalore, Recognized by UGC, and accredited by International Accreditation Organization (IAO). The science institution offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Science. It also has an independent placement cell, focuses to cater to the needs of leading organizations in conducting campus interviews for the final year students of M.Sc., MCA, and other UG courses.
Oxford College of Science Ranking
|B.Sc Program||7th Rank in Karnataka||India Today|
|41st Rank in All India|
|B.C.A Program||5th Rank in Karnataka|
|12th Rank in All India|
|Fashion & Apparel Fashion & Apparel||6th Rank in Karnataka|
|23rd Rank in Karnataka|
|Overall performance||6th Rank in Karnataka||The Week Hansa Research Survey 2018|
|32nd Rank in Karnataka|
|1st Rank in Karnataka amongst private colleges for last 3 consecutive years|
Oxford College of Science Courses
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Science and Computer Applications. Faculties of Oxford College of Science excel in all the specializations they teach and take their students up to the world by providing quality education. The complete list of courses offered with eligibility is listed below:
Eligibility for the courses mentioned above:
For B.Sc. (Hons) in any specialization:-
Intermediate(10+2) or Pre-University Course
- Science stream with ≥ 50%
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology/Zoology
- Intermediate(10+2) or Pre-University Course
- Any stream with ≥ 35%
For M.Sc. in any specialization:-
- Bachelor's degree in concerned specialization (e.g.: for M.Sc in Microbiology, the candidate should have passed B.Sc. (Hons) with Microbiology as the main subject.
- With ≥ 50%
- Any bachelor program with ≥ 50%
- Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications/Computer Science as the main subject
Note: Karnataka ST/Sc Candidates will get 5% of relaxation for postgraduate courses.
Check Oxford College of Science Courses & Fees
Oxford College of Science Admissions
The Oxford College of Science invites application for undergraduate and postgraduate programs in ten different specializations under the faculty of science and computer application.
- Admission to undergraduate programs is done through merit in intermediate(10+2) or Pre-University courses.
- Admission to postgraduate programs is done through written aptitude tests (online) conducted by the college itself, shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
Candidates seeking admission to Oxford College of Science have to:
- Visit the official website (http://www.theoxford.edu/college_of_science)
- Click on pre-admission UG/PG portal
- Obtain the application form
- Fill the form and attach the required documents
- Make a payment of application fee
- Applicants are suggested to keep a copy of the application form and payment slip for future requirements.
Check Oxford College of Science Admissions
Oxford College of Science Placements
The college has an inner-directed Placement and Training Cell, that focuses on escorting on-campus placements for its last year students. The placement faculty of Oxford College of Science assures to take care of students’ careers by serving the best hospitality and arrangements from various companies.
The ambition of the placement cell is to:
- Provide career guidance
- Impart them with a competitive edge in the placement process
- Groom their self-esteem,
- Develop their personality
Major roles played by the training cell are:
- Inputting knowledge from career consultants
- Providing several Interactive sessions with Alumni
- Providing soft skill & technical skill training
- Conducting mock interviews.
Some of the major courses that have the maximum percentage of possibility of getting recruited are B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Sc., Microbiology, B.C.A, M.Sc. in Statistics, and MCA. The placement cell of Oxford College of Science has a good connection with the top recruiter over the nation and abroad. Some of the top recruiters are:-
Check Oxford College of Science Placements