Karnataka PGCET 2018 (kea.kar.nic.in): Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET 2018 is organized by Karnataka Examination Authority. It is a state level entrance examination conducted for admission to first-year full time/part time MBA/MCA/M.Arch/M.Tech/ME and second year (lateral entry) of MCA program.
Karnatak PGCET Application Form is now available on the offical website. Candidates can apply online till June 10, 2018. To Apply online, Click Here
|Karnataka PGCET Eligibility||Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern||Karnataka PGCET Sample Papers|
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 will be conducted in offline mode.
- The questions will be multiple choice based and medium of exam will be English language only.
- The exam will be of 150 minutes' duration and the number of question for each paper is 100 marks.
- There is no negative marking for any incorrect response.
The exam will be conducted at 12 centers by the authority for admissions in 178 participating colleges across the state. The exam conducting authority also provides scholarship to GATE qualified candidates.
The Karnataka PGCET Results will be declared in the last week of July 31, 2018. Those who qualify in Karnataka PGCET 2018 will make it to the merit list. Qualified candidates have to attend Karnataka PGCET Counselling along with the required documents.
Karnataka PGECET 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Category||PG Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.E./M.Tech|
|Number of institutes registered||178|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Calendar
The important dates of Karnataka PGCET 2018 events are as follows:
|Release of Karnataka PGCET 2018 notification||May 19, 2018|
|Availability of Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form||May 19 – June 10, 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||June 20, 2018|
|Karnataka PGCET 2018 – ME/M.Tech/M.Arch | MCA & MBA||July 15, 2018|
|Release of Answer Key||July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||July 31, 2018|
|Counselling Session||August – September 2018|
Who can apply for Karnataka PGCET 2018
There are certain eligibility requirements which must be fulfilled by candidates to successfully appear for the exam:
- Candidates must hold graduate degree or equivalent with 50% marks (45% for QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
- Candidates from the states other than Karnataka state are eligible for admission into MBA/MCA seats.
- Not only a candidate who has passed the Qualifying Examination (Q.E.) with requisite marks but also a candidate who is appearing for the Q.E. and expecting the results are eligible.
- For M.Tech/ME/M.Arch course, the applicant has a valid GATE score must not appear in the test. They have to apply online for the admission separately.
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility for Part-time Course
In addition to the eligibility criteria mentioned above, a candidate after obtaining the degree, must have worked for not less than 3 years as on July 31, 2018, in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
- For M.Tech/ME/M.Arch course, the employer has to fill up the NOC duly signed by the competent authority along with the above-mentioned criteria.
- There is no part-time course offered for MCA.
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility for Lateral Entry (MCA Course)
A student who has passed the recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration exam in BCA, B.Sc (IT / Computer Science) with Mathematics in class 12 or at graduate level and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses (45% for reserved category students).
Karnataka PGCET Reservation
- According to Karnataka PGCET reservation policy, only the candidates of Karnataka origin are eligible to claim reservation.
- The categories that can claim reservation are: SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates.
- Candidates can also claim seats under Hyderabad-Karnataka region. For this, they should produce eligibility certificate from the concerned Assistant Commissioner.
- Reservation for Ex-Defence Special Category (Code- U): Ward of ex-servicemen should obtain a certificate showing the home address of the parent issued by the Joint Director / Deputy Director of the concerned district and countersigned by the Director, Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement, Bangalore. This reservation benefit is not applicable to M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch courses.
- Reservation for PwD candidates: 3% of total seats in Government and Government Aided colleges are reserved for candidates who have 40% or more disability.
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score for receiving GATE scholarship.
- Applicants with valid GATE score, opting seats under Sponsored Quota, are not entitled to GATE stipend.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC) with valid GATE Score claiming any other scholarship from Government of Karnataka/India is not entitled to GATE Scholarship.
- Candidates with valid GATE score opting for the seat under part-time M.E. / M.Tech Program are not entitled to GATE stipend.
Applications for GATE scholarship from AICTE will be processed by the respective colleges where the candidates take admission and KEA has no responsibility in getting GATE scholarship to them. If you have appeared for GATE during 2016 or 2017 or 2018 then write the GATE code, then write the marks obtained in the GATE exam and the GATE stream.
Courses Offered Through Karnataka PGCET
Karnataka PGCET offers admission to candidates in 1st year full-time/part-time MBA/MCA/ME/M.Tech/M.Arch courses and 2nd-year lateral entry admission to MCA course.
- Type-A: Courses offered by VTU, UVCE, UBDTCE.
- Type-B: Courses offered by Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Science, Kuvempu University and Department of Studies in Computer Science, University of Mysore.
- Full-time and part-time courses are offered.
Admission to 1st Year / 1st Semester and for Lateral Entry 2nd Year / 3rd Semester. No part-time courses are offered for MCA.
Admission to 1st Year / 1st Semester for the full-time course and part-time course.
How to Apply for Karnataka PGCET 2018
Students will be able to fill Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form in online mode from the official website. The application form are available at www.kea.kar.nic.in. from May 19, 2018. The process of applying for Karnataka PGCET includes following steps:
- Registration: Provide name, email id, phone number, DON, gender for the Online Registration for Karnataka PGCET.
- Filling Online Application Form: Fill in all the mandatory details such as Course applied for, Caste, Category, Details of Qualifying Examination, Program Type, Claim for Reservation and Communication details.
- Uploading of Documents: Upload Signature, Photograph and Left hand thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Declaration and Submission of Application Form
- Payment of Application Fee: The fee has to be paid by generating challan.
- Printout of Filled Application Form: Take the printout for future correspondence.
Application fees for Karnataka PGCET 2018
The submission of the application form will be complete only after the successful submission of the application fee. The fees can be paid in offline mode by submitting the generated challan in the banks specified for the payment.
|Fees for the general candidates||INR 650|
|Fees for SC/ST candidates||INR 500|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card must be carefully preserved by the candidate as it will act as entry ticket in the examination hall. Also, the admit card will be required at the time of counselling and admission process. Candidates will be able to download the admit card through online mode from the official website of the authority. Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card made available on June 20, 2018.
The admit card will contain the personal details of the candidate such name, date of birth, category, gender along with exam center address, date, duration and time of exam. The steps to download the admit card for the examination is as follows:
- The admit card will be available for candidate on the official website www.kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on the ‘Download Karnataka PGCET admit card’.
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
- Download it and take a printout of admit card for future assistance.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process not over.
Along with the Admission Ticket candidate has to carry any one valid Identity Card like College Identity Card, Bus Pass, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID. The candidate should not carry more than two / three ball point pens (blue / black) to the examination hall and also they should not carry pencil with them to the examination hall.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Centers
Karnataka PGCET 2018 will be held in 12 centers across the state. Candidates can choose the preferred centers and they will be allotted according to the seating space available. The exam centers for Karnataka PGCET 2018 are as follows:-
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The highlights of exam pattern for Karnataka PGCET 2018 are given below:
- Mode of Examination: Offline (Pen and paper)
- Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Sections: 2 – Part A and Part B
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total Number of Questions: 75
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology
- Medium of exam: English Language
- Marking scheme: +1 and +2
- Total Marks: 100
- No negative marking.
The distribution of questions in the exam is represented below:
|Courses||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
|MBA||100 (50 + 50)||100|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for Karnataka PGCET 2018 will differ for MBA and MCA. Given below are the topics which will be covered in Karnataka PGCET 2018.
- Proficiency in English Language
- General Knowledge
- Test of Reasoning
- General Intelligence
- Quantitative Analysis
- Mathematics- Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics
- Computer Awareness-Computer Basics, Data Representation
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General English
- General Awareness-National affairs, International affairs, Bilateral affairs, Sports
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result will be announced on August 31, 2018.
- Candidate will be able to access the result using their registration number to login to the result page.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks gained by the candidates in the exam.
- A different merit list will be prepared and published for the entire offered program courses along with separate lists for different courses.
- Candidates will be invited for the counselling process according to their ranks in the merit list.
Valid GATE score
GATE score of 2016, 2017 and 2018 will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result. If the GATE score is above the qualifying marks, candidate shall be eligible to apply for M.E. /M. Tech. courses.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Merit List
Candidates with qualifying marks according to the predefined qualified marks by the Karnataka Examinations Authority for PGCET 2018 examination will make it to the merit list. The merit list will not include marks of candidates as it is necessary for application process only.
- The merit of the candidate will be determined separately for each course.
- If the merit of two candidates is same, inter se merit shall be determined on the basis of the marks that candidates possess in the qualifying examination. One with higher marks will be given preference. If there are still any clashes, age will be considered and the candidate who is elder will be preferred.
- For M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Arch courses, merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE valid score for GATE qualified candidates. Selected candidates will be preferred on the basis of their employment in government organization/ public sector/ private organization.
- All non-GATE candidates will have to appear for Karnataka PGCET 2018.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Seat Allotment Process
The seat allotment process will be carried out in 2 rounds and each round consists of 3 phases and each phase consists of number of iterations for admission to the courses offered by Karnataka PGCET. The Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation will also be considered for allotment of seats.
- The preference will be given to the GATE scorecard holders irrespective of the state reservation.
- Candidates with eligible PGCET 2018 score will be allotted the remaining seats. Candidates from Karnataka will be given the preference with 90% reservation in seats.
- Whereas the remaining candidates with domiciles outside the state of Karnataka will be allotted the left vacant 10% seats.
For MCA AND MBA
- The general category and reserved category seats under Government seats under Government seats will be allotted to only those candidates who are eligible as Karnataka candidates.
- The general category seats under Management seats will be allotted to both Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates.
The 3 % seats according to the Government norms are reserved for the disabled and differently able candidates. A time period of three days will be given to candidates from the date of hosting the allotment details on the website in the first round to decide whether to take admission or not.
The following list of documents is required to be carried at the time of Counselling:
- SSLC or class 10th standard or equivalent examination Mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or qualifying examination Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate
- Passing Degree Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Valid Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate (If candidate claiming to Caste reservation)
- Domicile Certificate
- Physically Disabled Certificate (if Applicable)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College