Chakdaha College is located in Chakdaha, West Bengal and was established in the year 1972. It offers undergraduate courses in arts, commerce and sciences in Honours, General and Major category. The college is affiliated to University of Kalyani.
- Admissions to first year in Chakdaha College in courses B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com are strictly done on the merit basis of qualifying examination.
- A candidate will be eligible for admission in all the courses, if have passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) in General or Vocational stream, conducted by West Bengal Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination.
- Honours degree merit list is prepared on the basis of marks in aggregate and marks obtained in the concerned subject same as of bachelor’s degree.
- General and Major degree merit list is prepared on the basis of marks in aggregate only.
- For admission in Honours course, the college publishes a merit list of candidates, followed by the counselling which is based on intake capacity.
- For admission in General and Major Courses, college publishes a merit list of candidates who shall be admitted based on the intake capacity.
Read More: Chakdaha College Course & Fees Structure
Highlight Table of Chakdaha College
|Name of the Institute||Chakdaha College, Chakdaha|
|Type of Institute||Self-financing|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Last Date to Apply||June, 2020|
Chakdaha College, Chakdaha UG Admission 2020
Chakdaha College offers degree courses at the UG level including B. A, B.Sc. and B.Com under different subject specializations. The duration of degree courses is three years and offered as General, Major and Honor’s degree.
The candidates are shortlisted based on the merit as per the marks secured at 10+2 examination level. The admission criteria and eligibility are as per the rules of the University of Kalyani, West Bengal.
Candidates are eligible and admitted, if passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in General or Vocational Stream conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent examination conducted by State/ Board / Council, or Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya, or National Open School recognized by the Distant Learning Council.
Also, candidates must have passed the subjects in the previous qualifying examination for honours degree, given in the table below to seek admission.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility||Subject Required in 10+2 level for Honours Degree||Selection Process|
|B.A||General||General/Major Degree: Minimum 40% marks in 10+2 examination. Honours Degree:
- Minimum 45% marks in aggregate and minimum 55% marks in subject or related subject in the previous qualifying examination.
- 50% minimum marks in aggregate or minimum 45% marks in the subject or related subject in qualifying examination.
- 55% minimum marks if candidate has not studies the subject or related subject in previous qualifying examination.
|Physics||Physics and Mathematics|
| Zoology||Biological Science|
|Computer Science||Computer Application/Computer Science / Physics and Mathematics|
|Environmental Science||Any three of the given subjects: Biological Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Elective Environmental Education/ Environmental Science / Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Modern Computer Application, Physics and Statistics|
|Food & Nutrition||Chemistry or Nutrition or Food & Nutrition or Home Science|
|Microbiology||Biological Science, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Statistics / Computer Science/ Computer Application|
|Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||Mathematics/ Statistics, Chemistry and Biological Science|
|B.Com||Honours||Accountancy/ Book Keeping/ Business Economics / Business Mathematics/ Business Studies/ Commerce/ Economics/ Financial Accounting/ Mathematics/ Office Practice and Secretarial/ Statistics|
Key Points to remember for UG Admission:
- Candidates from vocational stream can only pursue general and major courses in the available subjects.
- The minimum percentage is relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to reserved category.
- For candidates from other state, must have passed 10+2 examination with five recognized subjects with English as one of the subject and of full marks not less than 100 marks each.
- If a candidate has passed in four subject will not be considered eligible for admission.
- A candidate from vocational stream must have passed 10+2 examination with five recognized subjects (English being one of them) in the previous qualifying examination.
- The candidate seeking Admission need to choose his/her Honours subject as the main and two/three as the elective subjects in B.A. and B.Sc. (Honours, General and Major) from the eight groups given in the list on the official website.
- Candidates can choose only one subject from any of the group.
- 2% marks are deducted from the aggregate if candidate comes for admission as the same year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
Chakdaha College Application Process 2020
- Visit the college website and click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Fill up the form and followed by Mathematical answer, proceed to Sign Up.
- An SMS from the college will be send with the Application Number to be saved for future references.
- Proceed to fill up the Application Form.
- Choose the degree and the courses interested in (Maximum 8 courses can be opted for in single form).
- Save the form and upload recent passport size photo and submit.
- Make the required payment in online mode only.
- Application Fees: INR 20 for each course.
- Print the Application Form.
The college admits the students through the following reservation criteria:
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|Candidates from ‘other state’||10%|
|Foreign Student||One student in each subject|
- Apart from these category, college also admits students through Sports Quota.
- A separate form is available for such candidates who are willing to take admission under this category for free of cost.
- For eligibility criteria, candidate must have played Inter-University Sports and Game for at least two-year.
- Also, candidate must have taken part in Inter District School/ State Inter-School/ State-Junior/ Open Inter District Tournament/ State Open Championship/ Calcutta First Division Championship.
- For B.A./B.Sc./B.Com Honours degree course: One seat in each honours subject.
- For B.A./B.Sc./B.Com General degree course: 5% seats subject to maximum 2 seats in each course.
- One Foreign student will be admitted in each course, subject to his securing merit equivalent to H.S. Examination of W.B.C.H.S.E.
- Candidates need to submit student visa within one-month from date of admission.
- The teachers provide stipend to poor and meritorious students.
- Government of India provides scholarships to reserved category candidates.
- Reserved category candidates are also given monthly stipend on the basis of merit and attendance.
- Students are given financial assistance through Student’s Aid Fund yearly. The selection is done on the basis of Merit, Attendance and Financial Status.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College