Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (CIHMCT) is a state government institute offering courses in Hospitality and Hotel Management. The institute is affiliated to The National Council for Hotel Management, and the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- CIHMCT started as a Food Craft Institute in 1973 and upgraded to the Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology in 2006.
- The institute offers Undergraduate and diploma degrees to the students.
- CIHMCT places its graduates in the food industry with a minimum salary package of 10,000(average) per month.
Quick facts about Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology:
|Year of establishment||1973|
|Degree type||UG; Diploma|
|Special programs||Hunar Se Rozgar Tak*|
|Admission process||Entrance and Merit-based|
|Test Scores accepted||NCHMCT JEE|
|Helpdesk||91 172 2676024|
*Hunar Se Rozgar Tak is a 6 week-6 month program launched by the Ministry of Tourism in 2009-10 for youth belonging to economically weaker sections of the society.
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Courses
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology offers two courses to its applicants:
- B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc H&HA):
- Offered by: the National Council for Hotel Management(NCHM) and Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU).
- Duration: 3 years
- Intakes: 60
- Age limit: General & OBC-22; SC & ST-25.
- Eligibility: Pass in 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject or NCHMCT JEE exam for provisional admission.
- Diploma in Food Production, Bakery & Confectionery, Food & Beverage Services, Front Office, and Housekeeping.
- Duration: 1 year 6 months.
- Intake: Total seats in Diploma are 310. The seats are divided into various specializations of diploma.
- Front Office- 35 SEATS
- Food & Beverage Service: 70 SEATS
- Housekeeping: 35 SEATS
- Food Production: 70 SEATS
- Bakery & Confectionery: 30 SEATS
- Eligibility: Merit of 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject.
- Age Limit: General & OBC-25; SC & ST-28.
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Admissions
Candidates seeking admission to B.Sc H&HA requires an NCHM JEE scores and a higher rank at All India Level.
Candidates seeking admission in Diploma courses are given admissions via institute level counseling based on 10+2 merit. Application forms for diploma courses are available offline.
Students will also require certain documents at the time of admission, which are:
- Birth, Declaration, Health, Identification, and reservation certificate.
- Official exam results of all previous institutions attended.
- Passport size photographs.
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Placements
Graduates of the Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology get jobs in different sectors of the food industry. Sectors with a percentage of students are as follows:
Candidates working in these sectors are entitled to some job designations. These job designations have fixed/varying salary or stipend range. Table below highlights them:
|Management Trainee ( MainStream Hotels)||16000-20000|
|Management Trainee (Supply Chain QSR)||12500-15000|
|OCER ( Oberoi’s Central Employee Register)||17000|
|HOT (Hotel Operations trainee)||12000-15000|
|Faculty (On Contract)||15000 FIXED|
|Executive Entry Level||8500-13500|
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Fees
Students at CIHMCT pay fees for academics and accommodation(if availing). Charges or fees of these are:
Diploma fee structure
Hostel Fee structure:
|Hostel fee (Boys & Girls)||700|
|Cleaning and Maintenance||150|
|Caution Money deposit||500|
*Other charges include Identity card charges, Insurance, Magazine, Postage, and Name Badge.
The above charges are on a monthly basis. Students may calculate annual charges on the basis of above amounts given.