Charuchandra College, established in 1947, is a premier institute located in Kolkata. It is affiliated to University of Calcutta and offers undergraduate courses in Liberal Arts. The courses offered by Charuchandra College include B.Sc., BA. and B.Com.
All the courses are for the duration of 3 years and are offered in Honors and General schemes. B.Sc. and B.A. (General) courses have a total intake of 256 students while the B.Com.(General and Honors) courses have an intake of 150 students.
- Admissions to all the courses are done through online mode only while keeping the guidelines of University of Calcutta in mind.
- For the Honors courses, in addition to the minimum eligibility criteria, candidates should have obtained 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in their respective Honors subject (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates who have not studied their Honors subject in their previous examination, need to secure minimum aggregate marks of 55% in a related subject or 50% marks in aggregate provided all other clauses are satisfied.
- Admission to B.Sc. courses is done for candidates who have Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects in 10+2 along with Chemistry/Biology/Economics as an optional subject.
- Candidates applying to the B.Com. courses should have secured 50% marks in aggregate along with 45% marks in any subject like Economics, Statistics, Accounts etc. in 10+2.
- For the B.Sc. (General) course, candidates should have secured 30% aggregate marks along with 30% marks in Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry/Biology/Bio-Technology.
- Admission to all the courses is done on the basis of merit of marks secured in 10+2 or any equivalent examination.
Admission Highlights of CharuChandra College 2021
|Name of the College||Charuchandra College|
|Last Date to Apply||June 13, 2020|
|Entrance Exam Result Date/Merit List Declaration Date||June 16 – June 29, 2020|
|Counselling Date||June 23 – July 10, 2020|