The Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad was established in 1989 under the Maulana Azad Educational Trust (MAET) and Taj Group. The college offers 2 undergraduate four-year BA (honors) programs in Hotel Management and Culinary Arts. Admissions are based on an entrance test, supplemented by a Personal Interview and a Group Discussion. Placements are guaranteed for all students of IHM-A in world-class hotel chains like Taj, Oberoi, Hyatt, Marriott, and Accor.
IHM Aurangabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1989 | Private|
|Set by||Maulana Azad Educational Trust (MAET) & Taj Group|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||University of Huddersfield, UK|
|Courses Offered||2 Courses for UG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test, Personal Interview and Group Discussion|
|Top Recruiters||Taj, Oberoi, Hyatt, Marriott, and Accor|
|Facilities Available||Laboratories, Kitchen, Cafeteria, Sports, Hostel, etc.|
IHM Aurangabad Courses
Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad offers two courses: BA (Honours) Hotel Management and BA (Honours) Culinary Arts. The details of the courses are as mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Arts||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with English as the medium of instruction
Specializations: Hotel Management and Culinary Arts
Entrance Exam: Online Profiling Test
Selection Criteria: Online Profiling Test, Group Discussion, Statement of Purpose, and Personal Interview
Fees per annum: INR 3.1 lakhs
Read More: IHM Aurangabad Fees
IHM Aurangabad Admission
Admissions to the courses are only accepted online. There are four selection factors:
- An Online profiling Test conducted by IHM-A acts as the first step towards the application and the result is available immediately after the test. This weighs for 20% of the selection criteria.
- A Statement of Purpose of around 1500 words on the topic “Perspective on the role this education at IHM-A would play in shaping my future by creating a vibrant personality who would succeed in the hospitality world” should be written and submitted by the candidate. It holds 10% weightage.
- A Group Discussion weighing 20%.
- A Personal Interview weighing 50%.
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to register on the official website of the college.
- Fill in all the required details about the candidate, his/her family, educational information, and other details.
- Upload a scanned picture and signature to verify oneself.
- A unique ID will be produced after successful registration by the candidate.
- For taking the Profiling Test, a one-time non-refundable fee of Rs. 1500/- is to be paid online.
- The candidate will receive the link on the registered email ID for the assessment and the result will be immediately available.
- The college will call the selected candidates with a hard copy of the assessment result for the next steps.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview will happen in the designated exam center by the candidate.
- Officials will announce the results post completion of the above-mentioned steps and a merit list will also be published on the official website.
Read More: IHM Aurangabad Admissions
IHM Aurangabad Placements
IHM-A offers a 100% placement guarantee to its students, both during the 48-week industrial training and the final placement. Big hotel firms such as Oberoi, Accor, Taj, Hyatt, Starwood, Leela, Marriott, and Varna select the students in their final years of graduation for placement.
The graph depicts the placements received by students in the two courses.
IHM Aurangabad FAQs
Ques. What is the location of the college?
Ques. Is there a hostel facility available in the college?
Ques. Can the student choose the location of the exam center?
Ques. Is it mandatory to go for the training in London, UK?
Ques. Can students avail of any financial aid?
Ques. Is there any scholarship available in IHM-A?
- a) One 100% tuition fee scholarship
- b) Four 50% tuition fee scholarship