Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai, generally known as IHM Mumbai. It offers Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate courses in Hospitality and Catering services. Admissions are offered on a merit basis and NCHMCT JEE Exam. The institute has the facility of Kitchen service of all kinds like training kitchen, Quantity Food Kitchen and Individual Kitchen to train the students.
IHM Mumbai Highlights
|Affiliation||National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) |
|Courses||UG, Diploma, and Certificate|
|Mode of Admission||Online|
IHM Mumbai Courses
Course: Bachelor in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: 12th or equivalent with English as a subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Selection Criteria: NCHMCT JEE
Course: Diploma in Food Production
- Duration: One and Half year
- Eligibility: H.S.C. (12th class of 10+2 pattern) passed.
- Fees: INR 60,000
- Selection Criteria: Merit in the Qualifying exam with Personal Interview.
Course: Certificate course
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Specialization: Bakery, Cookery
- Eligibility: Anyone willing to do the course.
- Fees: INR 35,000
Read More IHM Mumbai Courses and Fees
IHM Mumbai Admissions
The institute offers an offline mode of the application process. Candidates need to download the pdf file of the application form from the official website.
- Visit the website of the Institute and click on the Programs tab.
- Click on the Application Form given in front of every course.
- Download the application form and take a print out.
- Fill the form and send it along with the required documents to
Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
Veer Savarkar Marg, Dadar (W),
Read More IHM Mumbai Admissions
IHM Mumbai Facilities
- Location: Located in the bustling neighborhood of Dadar, the heart of Mumbai, our college is easily accessible to students commuting from far off towns since Dadar is the only railway station common to both the Central and Western lines.
- Computer Lab: Consists of 25 computers, connected on LAN to enable transfer between these terminals and the server which facilitates paperless assessments to take place.
- Training Kitchen: All our training kitchens are equipped with the latest equipment needed to facilitate training for our students to be future chefs. We have three training kitchens in the institute.
- Quantity Food Kitchen: This kitchen is used to train SEMESTER III / SEMESTER IV students in the Bsc. H&HA course. It mainly is used for bulk food production and services in the dining hall (students’ mess).
- Individual Kitchen: This kitchen is used to train SEMESTER III/SEMESTER IV students in the BSc. H&HA course. It services the training restaurant, “Fusion” The Fusion: This formal fine dining restaurant can also sit approximately 100 pax for a meal. The individual training kitchen (ITK) provides for the menu to be served here.
- The Graduate: This formal fine dining restaurant can sit approximately 100 pax for a meal. The advanced training kitchen provides for the menu to be served here.
- Library: The institute also has a library of more than 5000 hospitality books and various journals and magazines which the students can refer to for the purpose of the study.
IHM Mumbai Hostel
Rooms with a view - The sea as far as the eye can see! Natural light, fresh sea breeze, clear view of the Bandra-Worli Sealink and the Mumbai skyline - Bandstand on the right and Worli sea face on the left- all from a hostel room! What better way to start a day - A walk on the Dadar Chowpatty or a jog around the vast Shivaji Park - a few steps away!
Both the girl's and boys' hostels are located on campus. Our boys’ hostel boasts of 45 well-furnished rooms which are usually given out on a triple sharing basis. The girls' hostel consists of 20 spacious rooms which are also given out on a triple sharing basis. We also have an NRI hostel for girls of 9 rooms for those who are admitted from the NRI quota. Rooms come equipped with a kitchenette.
IHM Mumbai Faculty
Name: Mr. Arun Kumar Singh
- Educational Qualification: M.Sc, PGPM, Diploma in Hotel Management
Name: Mr. Jason Cardoz
- Designation: Professor
- Educational Qualification: Cr. Bakery & Confectionery
Name: Ms. Mughda Khare
- Designation: Professor
- Educational Qualification: Dip. H.M.C.T.,B.Sc. in Hotel Management & Tourism
Name: Mrs. Maitrayee Lovelekar<
- Designation: Sr. Lecturer
- Education Qualification: Dip. H.M.C.T., PGD in Hotel Admin., B. Com., Dipl. in Mgmt.(IGNOU), PGDM In Human Resources
Name: Mr. Amol Balkawade
- Designation: Assistant Lecturer
- Education Qualification: Lecturer