Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal, Karnataka is a private higher education institution established in 1986. The college offers a three years undergraduate course in culinary arts (BA), a four-year full-time course in BHM, and postgraduate degrees in M.Sc, MHM, and M.A. WGSHA has been ranked as the number 1 privately owned institute in India for hospitality education and 26 in the world among all International colleges.
Latest Update: WGSHA has begun the registration process for all the admission in the academic year 2020-21. The last date to apply for the BHM course is March 15, 2021.
WGSHA Manipal Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1986 | Private institution|
|Affiliated to||MAHE Manipal|
|Courses offered||UG and PG|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Entrance Test||Department Test conducted by College|
WGSHA Manipal Courses
Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal offers a number of UG and PG courses. The courses with their details are tabulated below:
|B.A.||Culinary Arts||Pass in 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board||3 years|
|BHM||General/Computers||10+2 with minimum 45% marks or equivalent||4 years|
|M.Sc||Dietetics and Applied Nutrition||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with minimum 50% aggregate marks.||2 years|
|MHM||-||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent||2 years|
|M.A.||Indian Cuisine & Food Culture||Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management/Hospitality/Culinary Arts or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent||2 years|
Read more WGSHA Manipal courses & fees
WGSHA Manipal Admissions
Potential candidates will have to qualify in a Department Test conducted by MU. Applications can be made online via their site by paying an application fee of INR 600. Application mode is online only.
Undergraduate Courses - The admission to UG courses is based on merit. Students must pass the Department Test of the subject they are applying for. Shortlisted candidates will be called for GD, Personal Interview, and Panel interview.
Postgraduate Courses - Students must pass the Entrance Test of the subject they are applying for. They must also clear a Personal Interview. Selection will be done based on the merit in the qualifying exam and performance in the Personal interview.
- Visit the website, https://manipal.edu/wgsha.html
- Click on Apply Now
- On the next page enter all the basic
- details, contact and educational details as well and select the program of your choice.
- Complete the application form.
- Make the payment of the fee online.
- Submit the form on a stipulated date.
Read more WGSHA Manipal Admission
WGSHA Manipal Placements
The college invites various companies for placements of students in UG and PG degrees. WGSHA has a strong alumni network that helps students avail of various employment offers.
In 2019, students received offers from the Taj Group of Hotels, Oberoi Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Qatar Airways, Domino’s, ITC Hotels, and many others. The average package annual package received by students was 5LPA. The starting package was 4LPA.
Read more WGSHA Manipal Placements
WGSHA Manipal Scholarships
The college does not have any fixed annual scholarship scheme. Some concessions may be availed as:
- Fee Waivers: Students with financial causes can visit the office of the Registrar and apply for State scholarships via the forms available. Students with Konkani as their mother tongue and valid proof of the same can obtain a 10% concession.
- Academic Scholarship: Marks secured in the 10th Grade and 12th Grade of school and the entrance test conducted by the university are considered while offering admission to the students. Meritorious students are offered scholarships.
Read more WGSHA Manipal Scholarships
WGSHA Manipal Facilities
The college provides several facilities and opportunities to its students as:
- Hostel: WGSHA provides Hostel facilities for both boys and girls. For first-year students, hostels are necessary and cost around INR 1,20,000 per year, and INR 1,45,000 for AC rooms. Both air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned rooms are available, with attached bathrooms. Food is provided four times a day - breakfast, lunch, high tea, and dinner.
- Senate: A student’s senate that is actively involved in all activities and also in suggesting changes and improvements in the curriculum.
- Counseling: Each faculty is provided 15-20 students under their tutelage for counseling and hands-on education.
- Industry tie-ups: Tie-ups with the leaders in the hospitality industry like the Welcomgroup, the hotel division of ITC Ltd., makes WGSHA the first choice for aspiring students.
- International Collaborations: The training and development program of WGSHA is recognized by the International Hotel Association, Paris.
Read more WGSHA Manipal Hostel
WGSHA Manipal FAQs
Ques. Does WGSHA have an Alumni Network?
Ans. Yes, WGSHA has an extensive alumni network, with reunions being held. This also helps students secure placement in top companies. Over 60 companies visit the campus for recruitment every year.
Ques. What extracurricular activities are available at WGSHA?
Ans. Students actively take part in organizing events like food festivals, conferences, various other college events, and extracurricular activities. Marks are awarded in subjects in the curriculum like professional development and event management, experiential projects, physical and recreational activities, etc. Extracurricular activities include sports, adventure sports like scuba diving, social activities, etc. Students also take part in intra-university and inter-university co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Ques. Does WGSHA have tie-ups with foreign colleges or any student exchange programs?
Ans. Students take part in student exchange programs such as the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) and AIESEC India.
Ques. Does WGSHA provide any special courses?
Ans. The only college in India to offer wine fundamentals certifications level I and II, from the International Sommelier Guild (ISG). International faculty representing ISG, train the students in this global certification.
Ques. What is the faculty-student ratio at WGSHA?
Ans. All facilities match global standards to enhance learning and faculty-student interaction having an excellent Faculty-Student ratio of 1: 10.