Established in 1964, Christian College is located in Chengannur. It is approved by UGC and affiliated to the University of Kerala. Owned by the Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church, it has secured a B++ grade by NAAC. The institution offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Science, Arts, as well as Commerce streams. In addition, it also provides certificate courses, elective courses, value-added courses, and vocational courses. The application form may be filled up online (for students under the management quota) and offline for the rest. Admission is based on merit in the previous qualifying examination.
Christian College Chengannur Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||1964 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Kerala|
|Courses||BA, B Sc, B Com, MA, M Sc, certificate courses, elective courses, value-added courses, vocational courses|
|Application mode||Online/ Offline|
|Facilities||Library, Hostels, College Canteen, Computer Centre, Health Care center, Sports and Recreation, Gymnasium|
|Campus area||6 hectares 58 acres|
Christian College Chengannur Courses
Christian College offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in science, arts, as well as commerce streams. Some of the courses have been provided in the table below:
|B.Sc.||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate Selection Criteria: Merit in the previous qualifying examination
|B.A.||English, Economics, History|
|M.Sc||Analytical Chemistry, Zoology, Chemistry||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation in relevant subjects from a recognized university Selection Criteria: Merit in the previous qualifying examination
Click here Christian College Courses and Fees
Christian College Chengannur Admission
Admission to Christian College is based on merit in the previous qualifying examination. Interested applicants need to collect the admission form from the college office. The students applying to the courses under management quota can do so online in their prescribed portal for the same.
How to Apply?
- Visit the college office to get hold of the application form
- Fill in the application form with relevant details as accurately as possible
- Attach the necessary documents along with the application form
- Submitted in the college office along with the requisite college fees.
- Merit lists shall be displayed on the college board
- Selected candidates are to be present in the college campus on the day of counseling
Under the Management Quota:
- Register on the University of Kerala website
- Go to the official college website and fill out the application form provided in the portal with accurate details.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
Christian College Chengannur Placement
Placements are offered at Christian College. In the academic year of 2015 – 2018, 8 undergraduate students got placed out of 168, with a median salary of INR 250,000. On the other hand, 3 postgraduate students out of 46 got placed during the academic year of 2016 – 2018 with an annual package of INR 300,000.
Know more Christian College Placement
Christian College Chengannur Scholarship
Christian College offers a number of scholarships and awards to its students, based on merit, financial status, and other categories. Below are mentioned some of the top scholarships:
- Very Rev AA Pyle Prize: Awarded to Highest scorer in BA History final year examination with an amount of INR 10,000/-
- K.N. Eapen Bethel Award: Highest scorer in B Sc Chemistry final year examination with an amount of INR 10,000/-
- Sri P.K. John Memorial Prize: Highest scorer in M Sc Analytical Chemistry first year examination with an amount of INR 10,000/-
- Prof T. Annamma Oommen: Highest scorer in final year B.A. English with an amount of INR 10,000
- Thomas Award: Highest scorer in final year M.A. English Literature with INR 10,000.
Read more Christian College Scholarship
Christian College Chengannur Facilities
Christian College offers the following facilities to its students:
- Library: The three-storied library is home to newspapers, periodicals, books, journals, and other reading material. It also has a reading area. At present, the library consists of over 36,000 volumes.
- Hostel: Christian College offers separate hostels for girls and boys. While the former can accommodate 100 students, the latter has an occupant capacity of 20 students.
- Sports and Recreation: The institution has provisions for both outdoor and indoor games. Regular training is provided in cricket, football, badminton, as well as wrestling. The college campus also has a gymnasium for the advantage of the students.
- Computer Centre: A fully functional computer center, complete with stable internet facilities, is provided for the students.
Click here Christian College Hostel
Christian College Chengannur Faculty
The faculty team of Christian College is composed of 49 members. 26 of them have acquired a Ph.D. degree, while 8 members have an M Phil degree. The team has 9 associate professors, while the rest of them are assistant professors. Additionally, the team also has a number of guest lecturers.
Christian College Chengannur FAQs
Ques. Does Christian College have provision for walking aids, including wheelchairs and transportation from one building to another for PwD students?
Ques. Does Christian College provide any financial assistance to the students enrolled?
Ques. Is there any placement training and opportunity for students enrolled in the post-graduation program?
Ques. Is there a notable research center in the college?
Ques. What are the certificate courses offered at Christian College?