Established at Panipat in 2007, the Geeta Institute of Law is one of the most prestigious private institutes of Haryana. It is affiliated to Kurukshetra University and is approved by the Bar Council of India. This institution is amongst the top law schools of India and is currently placed at 35th position out of the law schools of India. It is ranked at the number 1 institute of law by the Kurukshetra University that it is affiliated to and is ranked 6th in the northern region by GHRDC. It offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in the discipline of Law. Each year it welcomes 400+ students from all over India in their Law courses through G-LAT (Geeta Law Admission Test) which is conducted by GIL. Geeta Institute of Law is known for its excellent placements in corporate and constitutional administration sectors.
Geeta Institute of Law Highlights
|Established in | Institution type||2007 | Private|
|Approved by||Bar Council of India|
|Affiliated to||Kurukshetra University|
|Courses offered||B.A LL.B, B.B.A LL.B, LL.B, LL.M|
|Admission through||Merit-based list|
|Entrance exam||G-LAT, CLAT, LSAT, AILET|
|Facilities||Hostel, mess, library, computer labs, transportation, moot courtroom|
Geeta Institute of Law Courses
The institution offers four courses in the field of Law and a few other certificate courses.
|B.A LL.B||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate and G-LAT merit rank
Duration: 5 years
|LL.B||Eligibility: Graduate with 45% aggregate
Duration: 3 years
|LL.M||Eligibility: LL.B from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks
Duration: 2 years
Click here Geeta Institute of Law Courses and Fees
Geeta Institute of Law Admission
Geeta Institute of Law has its own entrance exam, G-LAT. It offers various integrated and non-integrated courses in the field of law.
How to Apply?
For admissions in B.A LL.B and B.B.A LL.B:
- Apply and appear for G-LAT either online or offline.
- After the test, register online at the college’s website, and fill the college application form.
- Pay application fee of INR 1200.
- The merit list is prepared based on the 10+2 scores and G-LAT scores. Appear for a personal interview and the candidate is selected.
- 20% of the above-mentioned seats are reserved for admission through CLAT, LSAT and AILET as per the University rules.
Geeta Institute of Law Placement
The college has a separate placement cell that carries out numerous personality development programs, moot courtroom practices, guest lectures, and mock interviews throughout the year to train the students for the real world. The recruiters of the institution are from both the corporate world and the constitutional administration department. The salary of these graduates varies from 2.5 lakhs to 9 lakhs per annum; it depends upon the post and company that employs the student. Some of the top employers’ are:
- Aarohan NGO
- Ajay Garg and associates
- Pawan Saini and associates
- Neeraj Dahiya and associates
- Help Age India NGO
- My Legal Studio
Know more Geeta Institute of Law Placement
Geeta Institute of Law Scholarships
The college has two scholarship programs during the admission of the student. The details of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- Geeta outstanding merit scholarship: Under this scheme, the students who have secured 85% to 90% in their 10+2 get a scholarship of INR 25000, and the students who have secured 90.1% and above get INR 50,000.
- Top scoring scholarship: The top two scorers in G-LAT get a scholarship of INR 30,000 each.
Read more Geeta Institute of Law Scholarship
Geeta Institute of Law Facilities
The college has a very modern infrastructure and eases the stay of the student there:
- Classrooms: Each of the classrooms in the institution is equipped with projectors and ICT technologies to help students understand better. All the classrooms are air-conditioned too.
- Auditorium: The college has a spacious Auditorium where guest lectures, cultural activities, and other meetings are held.
- Computer labs: The college has a well-equipped computer lab with nearly 60 computers to keep the students technologically aided. It ensures that students expand their knowledge through the virtual platform too.
- Moot courtroom: The college has a moot courtroom where the students can learn practically as well, the college also hosts numerous national moot courtroom competitions for students to get hands-on practice.
- Library: The college has the biggest library in Panipat, it has a seating arrangement of 100 and has more than 4000 books, law reports, journals, reference books and guides related to law and is a perfect place for all the book lovers.
- Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria which is a popular hangout space among the students; the food here is prepared in hygienic conditions and is available to the students at a subsidized rate.
- Sports: The college has a well-maintained playground to encourage physical activities in students along with academics.
- Hostel: The college has two separate hostels for boys and girls with indoor play areas, wifi, mess, gymnasium, and AC rooms.
- Transportation: The college provides a bus facility to the day scholars who live near Panipat.
Click here Geeta Institute of Law Hostel
Geeta Institute of Law Faculty
The institution has well trained and experienced faculty members who strive to provide quality education to students. Most of them are well-established lawyers and Ph.D. holders.
- HOD: 3
- Faculty members: 6
Along with the faculty, there are guest teachers who visit the Institute for imparting further information.
Geeta Institute of Law FAQs
Ques. Is there an entrance exam for admission to LL.B and LL.M courses?
Ques. What is the application fee of the college?
Ques. Is there any reservation for SC/ST and other backward classes?
Ques. Is there a fee for registration in the placements cell of the college?
Ques. Which entrance exams does the college accept?