Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai was established on February 2, 1835.It is the second oldest medical college in India along with the medical college, Kolkata. College was opened by Sir Fredrick Adams.
- The courses offered by the MMC are affiliated from 1988 to the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University
- The first batch of students graduated in 1852 and were granted the Diploma of Graduate of the MMC
- In 1857, it gained affiliation to the University of Madras
- This College has nine affiliated institutions with hospitals, each one of them recognized for excellence in Health care services
- A new campus with a six-storeyed building for MMC was completed in 2012
- The college and hospital are funded and managed by the State Government of Tamil Nadu
Extracurricular activities -
Festival s -
- REVIVALS -Madras medical college hosts largest medical inter-college cultural extravaganza known grandly as REVIVALS.
- ENCIERRO -It is an annual Inter college sports meet.
India’s Best Medical college
Notable alumni -
- Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari- Surgeon and President of the Indian National Congress (1927)
- Muthulakshmi Reddi- One of the first woman doctors in India.