Madras Medical College is affiliated to MGR Medical University. MMC offers courses like MBBS, B. Pharma, BPT & BSc (Nursing) at Undergraduate Level and MD, MS, M. Pharma & MSc (Nursing) at Postgraduate Level. It is also offering PG Diploma and Super-Specialty courses like DM & MCh at various disciplines. For the MBBS course, 15% of seats are filled through the NEET-UG basis while 85% of seats are reserved for State Quota. For all PG Diploma, MD, and MS courses, 50% of seats are reserved for State Quota while the rest of the seats are filled through the NEET-PG basis. Admission to the B.Pharm, BPT, and B.Sc Nursing courses are conducted on a Merit basis as well as score in the TNPCEE entrance exam. The admission to the M.Sc and M.Pharm courses are conducted on the basis of the applicant’s score in the qualifying examination followed by Counselling.
- The Madras Medical College 2020 MBBS admission is through NEET 2020 and state quota. NEET 2020 was conducted on September 13, 2020, and was re-conducted on October 14, 2020, for the candidates who were not able to appear for the exam due to COVID 19.
- NEET 2020 result was declared on October 16, 2020. The MBBS admission through NEET 2020 score and State quota is yet to be declared by the university. Candidates can now apply for NEET 2021 exam, the application forms will be released from November 2020.
- The admissions for Madras Medical College 2020 paramedical courses (B.Pharm, B.Sc Nursing, B.ASLP, B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology, B.Sc Radiotherapy, B.Sc Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Technology, and B.OPTOM ) have been started on October 1, 2020, and the last date to submit the application form is October 17, 2020. The shortlisting of the candidates will be based on merit. The date of the declaration of selected candidates, admission, and commencement of classes is yet to be notified.
- The admissions for Madras Medical College MPT 2020 have been started on October 8, 2020, and the last date to submit the application form is October 15, 2020. The date of the declaration of selected candidates, admission, and commencement of classes is yet to be notified.
Madras Medical College Admission 2020
|NEET 2020 Exam date||September 13, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Form Correction||September 23 – 30, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Answer Keys||September 26, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Re-Exam||October 14, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Result date||October 16, 2020|
|Opening of admission form for MBBS 2020||To be notified|
|Closing of admission form for MBBS 2020||To be notified|
|Declaration of Shortlisted Candidates for MBBS 2020 through NEET 2020||To be notified|
|Declaration of Shortlisted Candidates for MBBS 2020 through State Quota||To be notified|
|Commencement of MBBS 2020 classes||To be notified|
|Opening of online application forms for Paramedical Courses 2020||October 1, 2020|
|Closing of online application forms for Paramedical Courses 2020||October 10, 2020|
|Last date for receipt of the online application form Paramedical Courses 2020||October 17, 2020|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidate for Paramedical Courses 2020||To be notified|
|Admission of shortlisted candidates for Paramedical Courses 2020||To be notified|
|Commencement of Paramedical Courses 2020||To be notified|
|Opening of application forms for MPT 2020||October 8, 2020|
|Closing of application forms for MPT 2020||October 15, 2020|
|Last Date for receipt of print out of filled-in online application form for MPT 2020||October 17, 2020|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidate for MPT 2020||To be notified|
|Admission of shortlisted candidates for MPT 2020||To be notified|
|Commencement of MPT 2020 Classes||To be notified|
Madras Medical College Highlights
|Established/Institute type||1664/Government College|
|Accreditation||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University|
|Affiliation||Medical Council of India|
|Affiliating University||MGR Medical University|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc., B.P.T., B. Pharma, M.B.B.S., M.Sc., M.D., M.S., M.Ch., M. Pharma, D.M., P.G.D.|
|Basic Admission Procedure||Entrance Examination and Merit-Based|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Entrance Accepted||NEET-UG, NEET-PG, TNPCEE|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Sports|
Madras Medical College Courses
|M.B.B.S.||10+2 with 70% Marks in relevant subjects + NEET-UG Score + College counseling.|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||Candidates must secure 35% marks in 10+2 and 35% minimum marks in English qualified from any recognized board + TNPCEE Score.|
|B.P.T.||Candidates must secure 35% marks in 10+2 and 35% minimum marks in English + TNPCEE Score.|
|B. Pharma||10+2 with 35% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, and 50% marks + TNPCEE Score.|
|B. Pharma (Lateral)||D. Pharma with 10+2 and 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Botany, and Zoology + TNPCEE Score.|
|Post Basic Nursing||10+2 with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Botany, and Zoology + TNPCEE Score.|
|M.D. (General Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Biochemistry, Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatric Medicine, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Tuberculosis and Chest Disease, Obstetrics and Gynaecology)||M.B.B.S. degree from any University recognized by MCI +.NEET PG Score + Counselling|
|M.S.(Anatomy, ENT, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)||M.B.B.S. + NEET-PG Score + Counseling.|
|P.G. Diploma ( Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Child Health, Oto Rhino Laryngology, Medical Radio-Diagnosis, Medical Radio Therapy, Anaesthesia, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Ophthalmology, Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases, Psychiatric Medicine, Clinical Pathology, Public Health, Physical Medicine, Diabetology, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, Vascular Surgery, Endocrine Surgery)||M.B.B.S. + NEET-PG + Counseling.|
|M.P.T.||B.P.T. degree with aggregate 50% marks with a minimum weightage of 90 in theory and 10 in practical + counselling.|
|M.Sc.||B.Sc. degree with 50% marks in aggregate with a minimum weightage of 90 in theory and 10 in practical followed by counselling.|
|M. Pharma||B.Pharm degree with 50% aggregate with a minimum weightage of 90 in theory and 10 in practical + counseling.|
Read More: Madras Medical College Fees
Madras Medical College Admission
- Madras Medical College offers a course M.B.B.S. under state quota as well as NEET-UG (All India Score). 15% seats are allotted for NEET-UG qualified candidates to take admission in this college. The rest of 85% of seats are reserved for candidates under state quota with 10+2 qualification in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Zoology reduced to the score 200 scales. In addition to this, candidates will be given admission after counseling done at the college campus.
- B. Sc., B.P.T., B. Pharma candidates must qualify for Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination with a score of 200 scales. These courses are running under various specializations by Madras Medical College. Admission will be granted after Post Merit-List and Counselling.
- M.D., M.S., and P.G. Diploma courses are offered by Madras Medical College through NEET-PG score and State Quota. 50% seats are allotted for NEET-PG qualified candidates and the rest of 50% are allotted under the State quota. Admission is given after final counseling done at College Campus by Madras Medical College.
- Admission for M.Pharm, M.P.T., M.Sc. (Nursing), is given on the base of B.P.T., B. Pharma, B.Sc. (Nursing), performance and marks obtained in Entrance Examination conducted by Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai. The cut-off for all these courses will be opened on 31st May every year.
- Admission in D.M. and M.Ch. is given on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination, Work Experience & Previous Year qualifying performance. The two merit lists will be prepared every year by the MMC are the Open Merit List and Service Merit List. Candidates' marks are calculated out of 100 scores (90 Marks in Entrance Examination + 10 Marks for Work Experience). Final Admission is given after counseling done at the college itself at its campus.
Read More: Madras Medical College Cut off
How To Apply?
Candidates must note the below steps to apply for the various courses Admission at Madras Medical College.
- Visit the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Fill the Application Form online carefully and attach two envelopes with it.
- Attach Demand Draft as Application Fee of INR 400 in favor of
The Secretary, Selection Committee,
Kilpauk, Chennai – 600010 payable at Chennai
- Name of the candidate and Name of the course must be written on the Reverse Side of the Envelope.
Read More: Madras Medical College Admissions
Madras Medical College Placements
Every student has been provided Internship programs before appearing for the placement to learn more and more skills to work. Stipend has been given to them as per the company rules and regulations.
|Stream||Highest Package Per Annum|
|Engineering in Architecture (P.G.D.)||INR 9.10 lakhs|
|Pharmacy (B. Pharma)||INR 1.90 lakhs|
|Medicine and Allied Sciences||INR 9.39 lakhs|
Madras Medical College Facilities
The college has proper facilities for boys and girls. The hostel is equipped with the facility of Canteen, Mess, Wi-Fi, Purified Water, CCTV security, and Gym. It is equipped with proper medical First – Aid facilities in case of emergency for its students.
Hostel: The hostel has access to both boys and girls in separate buildings. It is located inside the campus and equipped with proper modern amenities. Facilities like Canteen, Purified Water, CCTV Security, Gym, WIFI, and many others.
Library: The library has a comprehensive collection of all electronics and conventional in its branches with a proper system of the hi-tech infrastructural facilities.
Sports: The college has the best indoor and outdoor facilities. Indoor sports like Carrom, Table Tennis, Chess are available inside the hostel. It has well-furnished football and cricket fields. It has high-intensity floodlights with the hockey field, handball, volleyball, and badminton court.
Ques. When was this college established?
Ques. What are the courses running by this college?
Ques. How are the facilities inside Madras Medical College?
Ques. What is the entrance required for M.Pharm course?
Ques. How are the hostels in this college?
Ques. Does Madras Medical College provide accommodation facilities?
Ans. Yes, the college provides hostel facilities to students pursuing various courses at the university. There are a total of 4 on-campus hostels: 2 for female students and 2 for male students.
Ques. What facilities are provided at MMC?
Ans. The college provides a good infrastructure for the students. The college provides a theatre, auditorium, common rooms with attached washrooms for both boys and girls, fully equipped laboratories, sports facilities, library, hospital beds, and many more.
Ques. Are scholarships given to students at MMC?
Ans. The college provides various scholarships to the students. 30+ scholarships are provided. Some of them are:
- Central Sector Scholarship.
- CBSE scholarship.
- Intelligent award
- Prime Minister Award
- CM Award
- Free Education Scholarship
Ques. Does the college support any ragging system as it is common in medical colleges?
Ans. No, the college doesn’t support any sort of ragging or such acts. Instead, the college is strictly against it.
For this purpose, an annual undertaking signed by each student, whether fresher or senior, and his/her parent (s)jointly stating that each of them has read the relevant instruction/regulation against ragging, as well punishments, and that if the ward has been found guilty he/she shall be proceeded against, shall be procured.
Ques. How are the accident and trauma services of hospitals at MMC?
Ans. The 24 hours of emergency trauma and emergency operation theatre are functioning round the clock, 24 hours, 365 days a year.The Institute is also abreast with the latest in orthopedic techniques as is evident in a wide variety of surgeries being performed like fracture fixation, Total Hip, and Knee Replacements, Tumour Surgeries, Ilizarov Reconstruction, and Spinal Surgery.