Cloud Computing courses deal with training students about how the data storage in a “Cloud” works and how users can use multiple data centers available online. Cloud computing makes it easy to manage data without any manual interface. It is divided into various categories like IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), Saas (Software as a Service), etc.
- Cloud Computing courses in India are available as online and offline certificates, diplomas and PG diplomas and also as an elective in regular bachelors and masters degree courses.
- They are either free or a very nominal fee is charged for the course. For both levels of courses, candidates need to be 10th or 12th pass out.
List of Cloud Computing Courses
|Certificate in Cloud Computing||
-Usually pursued as value addition for Computer Science working professionals.
-Such courses are either free or a very small fee is charged.
-The courses are mostly available online.
-Candidates complete the course at their own pace and a certificate is awarded at the end.
|Diploma and PG Diploma Cloud Computing Courses||
-Diploma courses require their candidates to be either 10th or 12th pass out.
-PG diploma courses are pursued by bachelors degree holders.
-These courses are also offered both online and offline.
|Bachelor Cloud Computing Courses||
-B.Tech CSE degree programmes offer Cloud Computing elective.
-Duration of the course is 4 years.
-Admission is through JEE Main or JEE Advanced.
|Master Cloud Computing Courses||
-M.Tech CSE degree offers Cloud Computing as an elective during the second year.
-Duration is 2 years.
-Admission is strictly through an entrance examination.
- The duration of Cloud Computing courses depends on the course chosen. It can range from a few hours for certificate courses to 9 months for diploma courses, depending upon your engineering college.
- Certificate and online diploma courses are self paced and can be pursued by working professionals too.
- There are a few courses online that are offered for free by websites like Coursera, Udemy, Alison, etc.
Some of the job profiles one can be hired onto after completing a cloud computing course are Cloud Product Manager, Cloud Support Engineer, Cloud Security Specialists, Cloud System Administrator, Cloud Architect, etc.
The average salary after cloud computing courses in India is INR 15-18 lakh per annum.
Cloud Computing Courses: Highlights
|Type of Cloud Computing Courses||
Certificate: Certificate in Cloud Computing and various other specializations
Diploma: Diploma in Cloud Computing
UG: B.Tech in CSE and IT, etc.
PG: M.Tech in Cloud Computing, CSE and IT, etc.
Certificate: Upto 6 months
Diploma: 1 year
UG: 4 years
PG: 2 years
Certificate: 10th or 12th pass out
Diploma: 10th or 12th pass out
UG: 12th pass out
PG: Bachelor’s degree
|Average Fees of Cloud Computing Courses||
Certificate: Free to INR 6,400
Diploma: INR 88,500 to INR 2 lakh
UG: INR 2-7 lakh
PG: INR 2-4 lakh
|Online Cloud Computing Courses||Available|
|Types of Online Courses||Udemy, Coursera, edX, etc. (Both Paid and Free)|
|Top Job Prospects||Cloud Product Manager, Cloud Support Engineer, Cloud Security Specialists, Cloud System Administrator, Cloud Architect, etc.|
|Average Salary of Cloud Computing Courses||
Certificate: INR 2 to 5 LPA
Diploma: INR 2 to 4 LPA
UG: INR 3 to 6 LPA
PG: INR 3 to 12 LPA
Certificate Cloud Computing Courses
Certificate courses in Cloud Computing are available in online and offline modes. Online Cloud Computing courses are the most popular choice for working individuals who can pursue them at their own pace.
- Certificate courses are designed to act as an addition to the resumes and value addition.
- Eligibility for these courses are 10th or 12th pass out. Some courses need candidates to have basic computer literacy prior.
- Most certificate courses are free or are up to INR 6,400 in price.
These courses are of short term duration from a few hours to a couple of days. To start working in cloud computing, certificate courses are perfect.
Top Online Cloud Computing Certificates
|AWS VPS and Networking in depth: Learn Practically in 8 hours||Udemy||8 hours 55 mins||INR 6,400|
|Introduction to Cloud Computing on Amazon AWS for Beginners||Udemy||7 hours 53 mins||INR 1,600|
|Cloud Computing Engineering and Management||University of Maryland, edX||8 weeks||Free|
|Cloud Architecture with Google Cloud||Coursera||3 months||Free Enrolment|
|Key Technologies for Business Specialization||Coursera||3 months||Free Enrolment|
Top Offline Cloud Computing Certificates
|Certificate Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees||Duration|
|Cloud Computing with AWS||IIT Guwahati||INR 1,500||NA|
|Cloud Computing||IIT Hyderabad||INR 11,999||60-90 hours|
|FDP on Cloud Computing||IIT Roorkee||INR 1,000-3,000||1 week|
|Recent Advances in Network and Cloud Security||IIT Indore||INR 3,000||NA|
|Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT)||EI Systems and IIT Varanasi||NA||15 days|
How to Get Admission in Cloud Computing Certificate Courses?
Admissions to cloud computing certificate courses are on merit basis. Most certificate providers require their candidates to have some basic computer literacy beforehand.
- No entrance examination score is required for admission, especially for online certifications.
- Offline courses might require submission of documents like 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Some institutes analyse candidate profiles to figure out if they are suitable for the course.
Top Colleges Offering Cloud Computing Certificate Courses
Diploma and PG Diploma Cloud Computing Courses
Diploma courses and PG diploma courses, although similar in name, differ from each other in terms of eligibility criteria for admission. Diploma courses ask for their candidates to be at least 10th pass out PG diploma courses are pursued after completing their bachelors.
- Diploma courses are usually of a couple of months in duration while PG courses are around 1 to 2 years in duration.
- Both courses are fast track courses suitable for people who do not have the time to pursue a full time degree program.
- Candidates join the job market immediately after completing a diploma or a PG diploma in Cloud Computing.
Diploma and PG Diploma Cloud Computing courses are available in online and offline formats. They are offered by some of the top ranking institutes in India.
Top UG Diploma Cloud Computing Courses
|Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees||Duration|
|Advanced Certification in Machine Learning and Cloud||IIT Madras and upGrad||INR 2 lakh||9 months|
|Advanced Certification in Cloud Computing||IIT Kanpur||INR 1.97 lakh||9 months|
|Cloud Computing||IIT Kharagpur||-||8 weeks|
Top PG Diploma Cloud Computing Courses
|PG Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees||Duration|
|PG Certification in Cloud and Devops||IIT Guwahati, Intellipaat||INR 1.75 lakh||9 months|
|PG Certificate Program in Cloud Computing||Manipal Institute of Technology||INR 88,500||312 hours|
How to Get Admission in Cloud Computing Diploma Courses?
Admissions for diploma and PG diploma courses are on merit basis. Entrance examination scores are not required to pursue a diploma Cloud Computing course. Duration for diploma courses is upto 1 year and for PG diploma courses is upto 2 years.
- Institutes release cut off lists for merit based admissions.
- For diploma course, 12th class aggregate score is needed while for the PG diploma course a bachelor’s degree aggregate score is needed.
- Candidates also need to fulfil eligibility criteria to be eligible for admission.
Top Colleges Offering Cloud Computing Diploma
Bachelor Cloud Computing Courses
Cloud Computing courses at the bachelors level are offered as an elective in a regular Computer Science and Engineering programme. The elective is typically chosen at the 4th semester in colleges.
- The duration of the course is around 3 to 4 years.
- The degree that is earned while pursuing the Cloud Computing elective course is BTech in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Admissions to these programmes is on the basis of entrance examination score only.
- The accepted entrance examination scores are JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
The average course fee is in the range of INR 2 to 7 lakh. Candidates who complete the degree can earn in the range of INR 3 to 6 LPA in the beginning.
Top UG Cloud Computing Courses
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|BTech Cloud Technology||
-Centurion University of Technology and Management, Visakhapatnam
-Invertis University, Bareilly
|INR 3-6 lakh|
|BTech Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology||
-Sharda University, Greater Noida
-Galgotias University, Greater Noida
-DIT University, Dehradun
-Swami Rama Himalayan University (SRHU), Dehradun
|INR 2-5 lakh|
-IIT BHU Varanasi
|INR 1.5-3 lakh|
-DTU New Delhi
-Amity University, Noida
|INR 2-4 lakh|
How to Get Admission in Cloud Computing UG Courses?
Admissions for B.Tech CSE courses that have Cloud Computing course elective are through entrance examination score.
- The most widely accepted entrance examination scores are JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- The above mentioned examinations are asked for admission into both private and Government colleges.
- Eligibility criteria is to be 12th pass out with at least 50% and above aggregate score.
Bachelor Cloud Computing Courses Entrance Exams
|Entrance Exam||Date of Exam||Conducting Body||Mode|
|JEE Main||September 2 to 6, 2020||NTA||Online|
|JEE Advanced||September 27, 2020||On a rotational basis by the IITs||Online|
|BITSAT||September 16 to 20, 2020||BITS Pilani||Online|
|VITEEE||Cancelled for 2020||VIT University, Vellore||Online|
Top Colleges for Bachelor Cloud Computing Courses
Master Cloud Computing Courses
Similar to bachelor level courses, at the masters level, Cloud Computing is pursued as an elective in a regular Masters level course. The electives are chosen in the 2nd year of a masters level course.
- The duration of the course is 2 years.
- The degree earned is a Masters in Technology (MTech) in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Admissions are through a qualifying entrance examination score and a round of counselling.
- The average course fee is in the range of INR 15,000 to INR 2,00,000.
For candidates who graduate the course, they earn in the range of INR 3 to 12 LPA initially.
Top PG Cloud Computing Courses
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|MTech Cloud Computing||
-PES University, Bangalore
-Sage University, Indore
|INR 1-4 lakh|
|INR 2-5 lakh|
-Anna University, Chennai
-BIT Mesra, Ranchi
-Amity University, Noida
|INR 3-5 lakh|
How to Get Admission in Cloud Computing PG Courses?
Admissions is on the basis of an entrance examination. Admission processes and eligibility criteria will differ from institute to institute.
- Candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree in the same field of study with at least 50% aggregate score.
- The most popular entrance examination score is GATE for admission.
- After qualifying the GATE exam, a round of counselling is held where students are judged for their aptitude for the chosen subject.
- Upon qualifying both rounds of the admission process, students are cleared to take admission.
Master Cloud Computing Courses Entrance Exams
|Entrance Exam||Exam Date||Conducting Body||Mode|
|GATE||February 5 to 7 & 12 to 14, 2021||IITs and IISc Bangalore on a rotational basis||Online|
|JNUEE||October 5 to 8, 2020||NTA||Online|
Top Colleges for Master Cloud Computing Courses
What are the Top Job Options after Cloud Computing Courses?
An individual with Cloud Computing knowledge and work experience can be hired into various roles within an organization. Some of the most popular job profiles open to a cloud computing professional are as below.
Cloud Support Engineer
A Cloud Support Engineer is responsible for the cloud computing system of an organization. The day to day work involves heavy technical programming and thorough knowledge of the hardware.
Starting Salary: INR 7.37 LPA
- Knowledge of cloud systems and hardwares
- Programming knowledge
- Database management skills
- Time management skills
Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud Security Engineers, as the name says, are responsible for the security of cloud computing systems and networks. They play an important role in protecting the organisation’s data bank.
Starting Salary: INR 12 LPA
- Knowledge of cloud computing hardware and software
- Programming and coding knowledge
- Communication skills
- Ability to work their own
- Problem solving skills
Cloud System Administrator
The Cloud System Administrator looks after the cloud computing infrastructure and the cloud servers. The administrator maintains the computing environment as per the organization’s needs.
Starting Salary: INR 9.48 LPA
- Technical knowledge of IaaS, SaaS and PaaS.
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Code Green, Proofpoint, AWS, GCP etc.
A Cloud Architect works in the IT department of organizations. The individual formulates cloud plans, cloud infrastructure designs, builds it and also manages it. Cloud Architects also provide support to the cloud architecture and deploys cloud environments.
Starting Salary: INR 16.46 LPA
- Leadership skills
- IT Engineering work experience
- Experience in programming with Python, Ruby etc.
- People skills
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing
What Skills are Required in Cloud Computing Courses?
Cloud Computing is an essential technical skill to know in the current job market. With change in times, technology keeps changing rapidly and Cloud Computing is the skill to have for the future of technology.
Before stepping into the industry, however, individuals must possess certain skills. The skills mentioned below will help in standing out from other candidates.
Knowledge of databases and database management is a good skill to have for Cloud Computing. Languages like MySQL, Hadoop, MongoDB etc. would be helpful. Companies hired cloud computing professionals often to manage their databases.
Top Online Database Management Courses
|Database Management Essentials||University of Colorado, Coursera||42 hours||Free Enrollment|
|SQL Server Database Administration||Udemy||9 hours 41 mins||INR 8,640|
|Introduction to Databases||NYU, edX||4 months||INR 36,488|
Database Management Courses Syllabus
- Introduction to database queries
- Importing and exporting data
- Manage SQL Server Agent
- Manage and configure databases
Database Management Job Profiles
- Database Manager
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer
Cloud Computing professionals are required to possess programming language knowledge to build up and maintain cloud systems. Individuals with cloud computing and programming knowledge are entrusted to build entire cloud infrastructures and servers. The most popular programming languages are Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, PHP etc.
Check Python Courses
Top Online Programming Courses
|Python for Everybody||University of Michigan, Coursera||8 months||Free Enrollment|
|Java Programming Masterclass for Software Developers||Udemy||80.5 hours||INR 8,640|
|The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course||Udemy||48 hours||INR 8,640|
Programming Courses Syllabus
- Expressions, Statements, Code blocks, Methods
- Control Flow Statements
Programming Courses Job Profiles
- Python Developer
- Ruby on Rails Developer
- Java Developer
- Perl Developer
Cloud computing professionals with Linux skills are in demand right now. A number of servers that power Azure are Linux based. Linux is an open source operating system that is widely used. More and more organizations are predicted to adopt Linux in their systems in the future.
Top Online Linux Courses
|Learn Linux in 5 days and Level Up Your Career||Udemy||5 days||INR 8,640|
|Open Source Software Development, Linux and Git Specialisation||Coursera||4 months||Free Enrollment|
|Introduction to Linux||edX||14 weeks||Free|
Linux Courses Syllabus
- Linux Distributions
- Linux Directory and Commands
- Viewing and Editing Files
- Deleting, Copying, Moving, Renaming files
Linux Job Profiles
- Linux Administrator
- Linux Engineer
- Red Hat Linux System Engineer
DevOps or Software Development (Dev) and IT Operations (Ops) collaboration is a method to develop softwares that is inclusive and includes the entire software cycle into account. It considers the whole cycle from planning to using and to maintaining it. DevOps is a popular framework in Cloud Computing. Knowledge or work experience in DevOps will be in favour of all candidates.
Top Online DevOps Courses
|DevOps Certification Training Course||Simplilearn||56 hours (Self-Paced)||INR 17,999|
|DevOps Certification Training Course||Intellipaat||33 hours||INR 13,053|
|Continuous Delivery and DevOps||University of Virginia and Coursera||8 hours||Free Enrollment|
- DevOps Methodology
- Software Version Control
- Containerizing Code on production using Docker
- Creating CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins
- Configuration Management
DevOps Job Profiles
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Developer
Comparison of Online Cloud Computing Courses with Fees and Rating
|PG Program in Cloud Computing||Great Lakes Learning||6 months||4.7||INR 1,25,000|
|Cloud Architecture with Google Cloud Professional Certificate||Coursera||3 months||4.7||Free|
|AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud Native||Coursera||9 hours||4.7||Free|
|Getting Started with Cloud Computing-1||Udemy||2 hours 41 mins||4.3||INR 8,640|
|Azure Introduction to Cloud Services||Udemy||51 mins||4.2||INR 2,560|
|PG Diploma in Software Development with specialization in Cloud Computing||upGrad||12 months||NA||INR 2,25,000|
|PG Program in Cloud Computing||Simplilearn||12 months||NA||INR 2,25,000|
Comparison of Online Websites Providing Cloud Computing Courses
|Certificate Name||AWS VPS and Networking in Depth: Learn Practically in 8 hours||Key Technologies for Business Specialization|
|Fees||INR 6,400||Free Enrollment|
|Duration||8 hours 55 mins||3 months|
|Created By||Chetan Agarwal||IBM|
Cloud Computing Courses: FAQs
Ques. Can I learn Cloud Computing courses Online?
Ques. Which are the best free online Cloud Computing course providers in India?
Ans. There are a number of cloud computing providers in India in online mode. Some of the most popular providers are.
Ques. What is the duration of a Cloud Computing Course?
Ques. How Much Does it Cost to Do a Cloud Computing Course?
Ques. Should I go for a Cloud Computing weekend course or MBA or should I look for a job in the computer and learn from experience?
Ques. Is it worth pursuing a cloud computing course?
Ques. What is the average salary after completing a cloud computing course?
Ques. Do I get a scholarship to pursue cloud computing certifications?