Lovely Professional University (LPU), established in the year 2005 and situated on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab, is India’s largest university with a 600-acre hi-tech and fully operational campus. LPU is also the only university of India that hosted the first three citizens of India i.e., Honourable Former President Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Honourable Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu, and Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. A vibrant campus lifestyle, great placements, futuristic laboratories, one of the world’s best sports infrastructures and top-notch, highly trained teaching/guiding faculties is what you get at LPU. LPU is delightful to host students from 70+ countries which signifies the kind of diversity it has when it comes to cultures.
LPU is recognized by UGC and is also a member of AIU. The university is ranked high on various parameters by acclaimed bodies and is a recipient of various awards including the Best Private University Award by ASSOCHAM again in 2017, presented by Sh. Prakash Javadekar Union Minister of HRD, Govt. of India. NIRF 2018 (MHRD Government of India) has ranked LPU No. 2 in management on Outreach and Inclusivity parameter and ranked 38th overall. With internationally benchmarked curricula, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning, and 200+ foreign tie-ups for equitable and affordable quality education, the University are poised to establish itself as a Centre of Excellence in Research.
A divergent world in itself, Lovely Professional University is setting great benchmarks in the industry of education by providing a sharp edge to the budding talents. Since its inception, LPU is working rigorously to enhance the development of varied teaching styles and techniques through the means of extensive technological advancements happening within the campus. This, in turn, has drastically increased the average rate of packages offered by many giant MNCs and corporations. The industry leaders like Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and even Google have hired LPU’s students on packages worth 1 Crore and above.
Click here to check LPU Admissions
LPU Courses Offered
BA+LLB. BBA+LLB, LLB
B.A, B.Ed., BFA, B.Lib.Sci.
M.A, M.Ed., M.Lib.Sci.
Read: LPU Fee Structure
The University offers sixteen specializations in B.Tech. And Integrated B.Tech + MBA program and eight specializations each in B.Tech. (Hons.) and Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech. Additionally, the university also offers fifteen specializations in the M.Tech program at the PG level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the engineering program at UG level is 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in PCM. Also, a valid score card of JEE (Main) is required. If not, then the candidate has to attend LPUNEST University exam.
- Whereas, at the PG level the minimum eligibility to apply is a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Also, valid scorecard of GATE is also required.
In the department of Management, the university offers, BBA(Hons.), Dual Degree BBA(Hons.) + MBA, Integrated BBA + MBA and Dual Degree BBA + MBA. LPU offers five specializations in BBA program, thirteen specializations in MBA program and fourteen specializations in MBA (Specialized) program.
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for Management program at the UG level is 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 with English. At the PG level, minimum eligibility to apply for the MBA program is 60% aggregate marks in Graduation.
- Valid scores of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT OR LPUNEST is compulsory to get admission.
LPU Architecture Courses
LPU offers the B.Arch program at the UG level and M.Arch program at the PG level.
- Candidates applying to B.Arch program must pass 10+2 with minimum 60% marks (English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects) along with valid NATA scores.
- For those applying to M.Arch program, a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks is mandatory.
LPU Law Courses
LPU offers BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B/ L.L.B at the undergraduate level and L.L.M at the Postgraduate level.
- For BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B, the candidate must pass 12th with minimum 60% marks and for L.L.B, 50% in any Bachelor’s Degree.
- Also, valid scores of CLAT/LSAT or LPUNEST is compulsory.
- For L.L.M, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory.
LPU Ph.D. Admissions
LPU offers a Ph.D. degree in fifty-two specializations at the Doctoral level. Minimum Eligibility to apply is a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks. The courses at the Research level are offered on both a Full-Time and Part-Time basis. Candidates applying to the Ph.D. courses need to appear for LPUNEST (National Entrance and Scholarship Test). Final selection will be made after the interview rounds based on the results of LPUNEST.
Key Points –
Candidates who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF) / CSIR / (NET /JRF) / ICAR (JRF/SRF) / SLET / GATE / GPAT/ holds Teacher Fellowship or passed M.Phil. program are exempted from LPUNEST.
Candidates taking admission in LPU has to appear in LPUNEST (University Entrance Test) for certain courses if they have not appeared in any National Tests.
The story of LPU’s success doesn’t end there, the global acceptance of its students in the elite companies that are widely known and recognized in the world is proving the kind of knowledge it is delivering in the young yet enthusiastic minds. LPU is proud to share that its students are constantly being placed at the fortune 500 companies like Google, Amazon, Toyota, Ernst & Young, Mercedes, etc. while working at locations spread across the globe. There are 80+ renowned companies that recruit from IITs and from LPU as well, which clearly indicates the strength of LPU in pushing forward industry ready Human Resource. LPU has tie-ups from 200+ global universities which facilitates students to attain cross-cultural skills and grasp the international standards. LPU is proud to share it rigorously participates in the student exchange programs so as to make its virtues internationally recognizable
- Thousands of students get placed in top MNCs in India, USA, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- More than 51 companies from the IT sector recruit from LPU.
- 100+ Selections made by top companies like Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, and Amazon from 2017 batch.
- From Google to Microsoft LPU students are working at packages of over 1 Crore.
- LPU students are working with 500+ Global and Indian Superbrands.
Read more: LPU Placements
- B-School Leadership Award by Star News.
- 1st A++ grade in Infrastructure in India by Financial Express (Indian Express Group).
- Ranked 1st in Top 20 Universities in India based on International Ties-ups by CareerLink’s in 2015.
- Ranked 3rd among Top MCA Colleges in North India by Silicon India.
- Awarded as the Best University for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in India by ASSOCHAM in 2016.
- Ranked 3rd in Top 20 Private Universities in India by Silicon India in 2015.
- Ranked 4th in Top Private Universities in India by The WEEK in 2014
- 5 Star Rating Amongst The Best Engineering Colleges in India by Career Connect in 2014.
- Ranked 6th in Top 10 Indian Universities by Career 360 – Socio Varsity Special in 2015.
- Ranked among Top 100 Engineering Colleges of India by Outlook in 2014.
- E-India Award winner for best ICT Enabled University by Digital e-learning.
- Ranked 7th Best among Institutes offering courses through Distance Education by The Human Factor.
- Ranked 16th Best Private Engineering University (All India) by Times of India (Education Times).
The Scholarships in LPU is present in a wide range. Scholarships are given to students who perform well in various sectors. Below are the following criteria in which scholarships are given:
- On the basis of the Percentage in the previous qualification
- On the basis of LPUNEST
- On the basis of National Tests
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Fee Concession for Defence and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependents
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Scholarship for Orphan Applicants
- Scholarship for Person with Certain Disability
Read more: LPU Scholarships
The University campus exhibits a rich diversity as the academic staff and students come from all 29 states of India and more than 70 countries of the world. Education at LPU is a holistic one, aimed at developing the intellectual and private strengths of scholars.
The LPU expertise takes place each at intervals and out the classroom, nurturing creativity and innovation through challenging project work and participative learning, and providing an environment conducive to sparking ideas and how to translate those ideas into reality. LPU has a wonderful account of launching its students into eminent careers that have been tested by our Alumni operating in 500+ world and Indian Super Brands.
The world is developing and emerging at an immense rate. It is going through an era where the significance of practical knowledge is dominating theoretical knowledge. To match such global industry standards, LPU has upgraded itself with high-tech and extremely advanced Mac, SAP and Google labs that further facilitates at building a student’s competencies. LPU follows an outstanding educational method whereby it uses the technique of Audio-Visual smart lectures which tend to disseminate a huge amount of information to the students in a comparatively less amount of time. It helps the students to be more efficient at the three R(s) i.e. Read Revise and Recall.
LPU is proudly the owner of one of the world’s largest and the most technologically advanced libraries. It is not just a department, situated in the corner, LPU’s library itself can defeat the buildings of many colleges. The building containing 9 floors and tons of shelves beholding an abundant amount of knowledge. You could find any and every book possible, both academic and non-academic or fictional and non-fictional. A quiet place, peaceful environment, and structured materials help a student to sort among the things he/she need and what he/she doesn’t. The library can accommodate more than a thousand students at once with zero chaos