Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a Private University situated on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab. The 600-acre hi-tech campus was established in the year 2005 by Lovely International Trust under the Lovely Professional University Act, 2005. Being the largest university in the country, it offers Diploma, UG, PG, M.Phil. and Doctoral courses in streams like Engineering, Management, Architecture, Law, Economics, Fashion Design, and Home Science etc. LPU is recognized by UGC, NCTE, and AIU and has many international collaborations with more than 200 universities in US, UK, Canada, Australia, Spain, Croatia, and Poland.
Click here to check LPU Admissions
LPU Courses Offered
B.A, B.Ed., BFA, B.Lib.Sci.
M.A, M.Ed., M.Lib.Sci.
BA+LLB. BBA+LLB, LLB
Read: LPU Fee Structure
The University offers sixteen specializations in B.Tech. And Integrated B.Tech + MBA program and eight specializations each in B.Tech. (Hons.) and Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech. Additionally, the university also offers fifteen specializations in the M.Tech program at the PG level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the engineering program at UG level is 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in PCM. Also, a valid score card of JEE (Main) is required. If not, then the candidate has to attend LPUNEST University exam.
- Whereas, at the PG level the minimum eligibility to apply is a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Also, valid scorecard of GATE is also required.
In the department of Management, the university offers, BBA(Hons.), Dual Degree BBA(Hons.) + MBA, Integrated BBA + MBA and Dual Degree BBA + MBA. LPU offers five specializations in BBA program, thirteen specializations in MBA program and fourteen specializations in MBA (Specialized) program.
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for Management program at the UG level is 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 with English. At the PG level, minimum eligibility to apply for the MBA program is 60% aggregate marks in Graduation.
- Valid scores of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT OR LPUNEST is compulsory to get admission.
LPU Architecture Courses
LPU offers B.Arch program at the UG level and M.Arch program at the PG level.
- Candidates applying to B.Arch program must pass 10+2 with minimum 60% marks (English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects) along with valid NATA scores.
- For those applying to M.Arch program, a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks is mandatory.
LPU Law Courses
LPU offers BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B/ L.L.B at the undergraduate level and L.L.M at Postgraduate level.
- For BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B, the candidate must pass 12th with minimum 60% marks and for L.L.B, 50% in any Bachelor’s Degree.
- Also, valid scores of CLAT/LSAT or LPUNEST is compulsory.
- For L.L.M, a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks is mandatory.
LPU Ph.D. Admissions
LPU offers a Ph.D. degree in fifty-two specializations at the Doctoral level. Minimum Eligibility to apply is a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks. The courses at the Research level are offered on both Full-Time and Part-Time basis. Candidates applying to the Ph.D. courses need to appear for LPUNEST (National Entrance and Scholarship Test). Final selection will be made after the interview rounds based on the results of LPUNEST.
Key Points –
Candidates who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF) / CSIR / (NET /JRF) / ICAR (JRF/SRF) / SLET / GATE / GPAT/ holds Teacher Fellowship or passed M.Phil. program are exempted from LPUNEST.
Candidates taking admission in LPU has to appear in LPUNEST (University Entrance Test) for certain courses if they have not appeared in any National Tests.
- Thousands of students get placed in top MNCs in India, USA, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- More than 51 companies from the IT sector recruit from LPU.
- 100+ Selections made by top companies like Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, and Amazon from 2017 batch.
- From Google to Microsoft LPU students are working at packages of over 1 Crore.
- LPU students are working with 500+ Global and Indian Superbrands.
Read more: LPU Placements
- B-School Leadership Award by Star News.
- 1st A++ grade in Infrastructure in India by Financial Express (Indian Express Group).
- Ranked 1st in Top 20 Universities in India based on International Ties-ups by CareerLink’s in 2015.
- Ranked 3rd among Top MCA Colleges in North India by Silicon India.
- Awarded as the Best University for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in India by ASSOCHAM in 2016.
- Ranked 3rd in Top 20 Private Universities in India by Silicon India in 2015.
- Ranked 4th in Top Private Universities in India by The WEEK in 2014
- 5 Star Rating Amongst The Best Engineering Colleges in India by Career Connect in 2014.
- Ranked 6th in Top 10 Indian Universities by Career 360 – Socio Varsity Special in 2015.
- Ranked among Top 100 Engineering Colleges of India by Outlook in 2014.
- E-India Award winner for best ICT Enabled University by Digital e-learning.
- Ranked 7th Best among Institutes offering courses through Distance Education by The Human Factor.
- Ranked 16th Best Private Engineering University (All India) by Times of India (Education Times).
The Scholarships in LPU is present in wide range. Scholarships are given to students who perform well in various sectors. Below are the following criteria in which scholarships is given:
- On the basis of Percentage in previous qualification
- On the basis of LPUNEST
- On the basis of National Tests
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Fee Concession for Defence and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependants
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Scholarship for Orphan Applicants
- Scholarship for Person with Certain Disability
Read more: LPU Scholarships