Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a Private University situated on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab. It is the largest single-campus university in India, with more than 30,000 students, over 4000 faculties and staff, offering more than 200 programs. Recognized by UGC and is also a member of AIU. LPU is ranked among the Top 200 universities of the world as per the Times Higher Rankings Impact Education 2020. The university is ranked high on various parameters by acclaimed bodies and is a recipient of various awards including the Best Private University Award by ASSOCHAM again in 2017, presented by Sh. Prakash Javadekar Union Minister of HRD, Govt. of India. With internationally benchmarked curricula, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning, and 200+ foreign tie-ups for equitable and affordable quality education, the University is poised to establish itself as a Centre of Excellence in Research. Admission to LPU Jalandhar is done on the basis of LPUNEST conducted by the University. Apart from the LPUNEST, the University also accepts several other national-level entrance exams for admission. LPU admission to all the programs is done through online mode.
LPU has inaugurated the 5-day 'Adapting to New Era of Blended Teaching & Learning' for participants from 20+ countries in collaboration with the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC), Division of Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India. In addition to this, one student of LPU got placed in Commvault with a CTC of up to INR 20-24 LPA.
Amid the Covid-19 crisis, the University has developed a live app to support students utilise their time during the lockdown. LPU has also introduced various scholarships worth INR 20 crore for Covid-19 Frontline Warriors. Additionally, LPU also offers Distance Education across Engineering, Management, Commerce, Science streams. LPU Distance Education (LPUDE), Jalandhar is listed among the Top 10 Most Promising Distance Learning Institutes in India in the year 2019. Admission to LPUDE is purely done on the basis of merit. LPU Distance Education has a dedicated placement cell that provides placement opportunities to students by conducting campus drives and informing students of campus drives and job opportunities at different locations. LPUDE has conducted over 190 campus drives with 100+ companies and has placed 1370+ students till now.
Lovely Professional University (LPU) has also started the application process for PhD programs. Those shortlisted through the entrance exam will be called for the further admission process. Check LPU Admissions
|Established | University Type||2005 | Private|
|Affiliated to||NCTE, COA, PCI, IAP, BCI, UGC|
|Accredited to||ACBSP, ACU|
National: GATE/ NATA/ JEE Main/ GPAT/ JEE Main (Paper-II)
|Total Programs||200+ programs in 55 disciplines|
|Popular Courses||MBA, PGDM, B.E, B.Tech|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online and Offline Mode | INR 1500 & INR 1000 (for Boys) & INR 1000 & INR 500 (for Girls)|
|Highest Package||INR 42 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Federal Bank, Hindustan Uni-liver Ltd., Synopsys India, Samsung Research Institute India|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, Transportation|
|LPU Brochure||10th Brochure | 12th Brochure | After Graduation Brochure|
The University campus exhibits a rich diversity as the academic staff and students come from all 29 states of India and more than 70 countries of the world. Education at LPU is a holistic one, aimed toward developing the intellectual and private strengths of scholars.
The LPU expertise takes place each at intervals and out the classroom, nurturing creativity and innovation through challenging project work and participative learning, and providing an environment conducive to sparking ideas and how to translate those ideas into reality. LPU has a wonderful account of launching its students into eminent careers that have been tested by our Alumni operating in 500+ world and Indian Super Brands.
A divergent world in itself, Lovely Professional University is setting great benchmarks in the industry of education by providing a sharp edge to the budding talents. Since its inception, LPU is working rigorously to enhance the development of varied teaching styles and techniques through the means of extensive technological advancements happening within the campus. This, in turn, has drastically increased the average rate of packages offered by many giant MNCs and corporations. The industry leaders like Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and even Google have hired LPU’s students on packages worth 1 Crore and above.
LPU Ranking and Awards
- Ranked 2nd in India as per Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021.
- Ranked 99th amongst Top 100 Institutions in India under Overall Category by NIRF
- Ranked amongst the top 50 management institutions in India in NIRF 2020 rankings by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. It is one of the youngest B-Schools on the list to be featured along with IIMs and FMS of India
- Ranked 78th amongst all Government and Private Universities by NIRF
- Ranked 49th amongst Top Management Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked 87th amongst Top Engineering Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked 27th amongst Top Pharmacy Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked among the Top ‘Universities of the Future’ by India Today Aspire
- LPU Faculty of Pharmacy is ranked among the top 30 and Faculty of Management in the top 50 and, Engineering in the top 90
- Ranked 36th Best B-School of India
- Ranked 3rd among Power Private Universities
- Ranked 13th Best Private B-Schools in India
- Ranked among Top 30 best B-Schools in India
- Ranked 1st Best University to be enrolled for further studies
- Ranked 21st India’s Top B-School Brands
- Ranked 14th Best in Infrastructure and Living Experience
- Ranked 37th Best University
- Ranked 32nd Best in Pedagogy
- Ranked 34th in Intellectual Capital
- Ranked among Top 75 Management Schools in India
- Ranked 14th Best Private University in North Zone
- LPU website ranked among Top 10 Educational Website Designs of the world
LPU Courses Offered
|Medical||BPT, B.Pharm.||MPT, M.Pharm.|
|Law||BA+LLB. BBA+LLB, LLB||LLM|
|Architecture||B.Arch, B.Plan||M.Arch, M.Plan.|
|Arts||B.A, B.Ed., BFA||M.A, M.Ed.|
Read: LPU Fee Structure
The University offers several specializations in B.Tech. and Integrated B.Tech + MBA program and B.Tech. (Hons.) and Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech. Additionally, the university also offers an M.Tech program at the PG level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the engineering program at UG level is 10+2 with a minimum of 60% marks in PCM, subject to qualifying JEE Main or LPUNEST OR in case students scored more than or equal to 90% in 10+2, or 90 percentile in JEE Mains, then LPUNEST will be exempted and candidates may apply for admission.
- Whereas, at the PG level the minimum eligibility to apply is a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a minimum of 60% marks, subject to qualifying LPUNEST.
In the department of Management, the university offers, BBA (Hons.), Dual Degree BBA (Hons.) + MBA, Integrated BBA + MBA and Dual Degree BBA + MBA. LPU offers five specializations in the BBA program, thirteen specializations in the MBA program and fourteen specializations in MBA (Specialized) program.
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for the Management program at the UG level is 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 with English. At the PG level, the minimum eligibility to apply for the MBA program is 55% aggregate marks in Graduation, subject to qualifying LPUNEST.
LPU Architecture Courses
LPU offers the B.Arch program at the UG level and M.Arch Executive (part-time) program at the PG level.
- Candidates applying to B.Arch program must pass 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks (English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects) along with valid NATA or JEE Main (Paper-II) scores.
- For those applying to M.Arch program, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory, subject to qualifying LPUNEST.
LPU Law Courses
LPU offers BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B/ L.L.B at the undergraduate level and L.L.M at the Postgraduate level.
- For BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B, the candidate must pass 12th with a minimum of 60% marks and for L.L.B, 50% in any Bachelor’s Degree.
- For L.L.M, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks, subject to qualifying in LPUNEST.
LPU Diploma Courses
LPU offers a Diploma in Engineering, Management, Hotel Management & Tourism, Architecture, Fashion Design, Medical Laboratory Sciences and Dual Program Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Fashion Design, Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- For Diploma and Dual Program Diploma, the candidates must pass 10th with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
LPU PhD Admissions
LPU offers a Ph.D. degree in fifty-two specializations at the Doctoral level. Minimum Eligibility to apply is a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks. The courses at the Research level are offered on both a Full-Time and Part-Time basis. Candidates applying to the Ph.D. courses need to appear for LPUNEST (National Entrance and Scholarship Test). The final selection will be made after the interview rounds based on the results of LPUNEST.
Key Points: Candidates who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF) / CSIR / (NET /JRF) / ICAR (JRF/SRF) / SLET / GATE / GPAT/ holds Teacher Fellowship or passed M.Phil. program are exempted from LPUNEST.
NOTE: Candidates taking admission in LPU have to appear in LPUNEST (University Entrance Test) for certain courses if they have not appeared in any National Tests.
LPU Programs with Industry Tie-Ups
LPU has introduced the following courses with various Industry Tie-Ups:
|B.Tech. (Computer Science Engineering - Data Science (ML & AI))||UPGRAD|
|B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering- Full Stack Development)|
|BBA (Financial Markets)||NSE Academy Ltd.|
|BBA (International Finance)||IMA USA (Institute of Management Accounts, USA)|
|B.Com. (Management Accounting and International Finance)|
|MBA (Business Analytics)||WileyNXT|
|MBA (Supply Chain & Logistics)||Safeducate|
|MBA (Financial Markets)||MBA (Financial Markets)|
LPU Application Fees
- Cost of the Application form and Soft copy of LPUNEST Kit is ₹1000 (for Boys) and ₹500 (for Girls).
- Cost of the Application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is ₹1500 (for Boys) and ₹1000 (for Girls).
- For online application, the Applicant should have an Online Banking facility through Net banking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
Applicant may obtain LPUNEST Kit from University Campus or any other prescribed place by paying cash.
- The cost of the application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is ₹1500 (for Boys) and ₹1000 (for Girls).
Lovely Professional University releases its result online for various courses, including B.Tech, MBA, Agriculture, Design, HM, Law, at lpu.in. To check the result, candidates need to enter the registration number or mobile no. LPU Result available in a PDF format will help students to know the marks secured in the exam and the status (Pass/Fail). Students who appeared for the LPU semester examination shall be considered as pass if they obtain the minimum qualifying marks in all the LPU papers. Students who are unable to clear all the papers shall be marked as fail and need to give that paper in the next semester exam. The students can check their results by visiting the website of LPU UMS. Read more LPU Results
Lovely Professional University is one of the largest support providers in student placements in Northern India. Placements are administered by a team called the Division of Career Services. This team aims to help students in obtaining relevant work experience to complement their academic studies and to develop appropriate skills and knowledge to be ready to work in tandem with the best minds across industries. Division of Career Services sets up recruitment drives and job fairs on a regular basis. Apart from this, it also extends abundant facilities such as resume writing sessions, career advisory services, and aptitude development workshops to proffer better placement to the students. Industry-leading companies, every year, come to Lovely Professional University to participate in recruitment drives. The students have been placed at attractive packages like INR 15 LPA offered by Trident and the alumni earned INR 1 crore packages at global brands including Google and CISCO. The institute has completed its placement drive for the B.Des course for the year 2021 and has achieved 100% placements.
Some of the LPU Placement 2020 highlights are as follows:
|No. of Recruiters||800+|
|Highest CTC||INR 42 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 7 LPA|
|Highest Stipend||INR 80,000|
|Companies Offered Dream Packages||250|
|Recruiters of IIMs/IITs/NITs||110+|
Top Recruiters: Amazon, S & P Global Market Intelligence, Unilever, Moody’s Analytics, HDFC Bank, OYO, ITC, Practo, Redington, Axis Bank, Asian Paints, Colgate-Palmolive, Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Federal Bank, Hindustan Uni-liver Ltd., Synopsys India, Samsung Research Institute India, SAP Labs, Virtusa, Verizon Data Services, TCS, CEAT, Flipkart, Havells, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Hitachi Consulting, Infineon Technologies, Kony, Nerolac Paints, P and O Cruise, Accor Hotels Group, The Oberois Group, Reliance Industries Ltd, Khadi India, Under Armour, Kabir Leathers, Hind Rubbers and many more.
The following graph depicts the highest salary package offered for the following programs:
Read more: LPU Placements
The Scholarships in LPU are present in a wide range. Scholarships are given to students who perform well in various sectors. Below are the following criteria in which scholarships are given:
- Eligibility Qualification: The scholarship will also be offered on the basis of Eligibility qualification.
- Certain National Level Tests: LPU offers Scholarships for various programs on the basis of Performance/ Rank in various National Level Entrance Tests.
- LPUNEST: Scholarship for a specific Programme depends on Performance in LPUNEST. There are three brackets:
- LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category I cut-off
- LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category II cut-off
- LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category III cut-off
|LPUNEST category slab||LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category I cut-off||LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category II cut-off||LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category III cut-off|
|Group 1||60% of Programme Fee||50% of Programme Fee||40% of Programme Fee|
|Group 2||50% of Programme Fee||40% of Programme Fee||30% of Programme Fee|
|Group 3||30% of Programme Fee||25% of Programme Fee||20% of Programme Fee|
Read more: LPU Scholarships
The world is developing and emerging at an immense rate. It is going through an era where the significance of practical knowledge is dominating theoretical knowledge. To match such global industry standards, LPU has upgraded itself with high-tech and extremely advanced Mac, SAP and Google labs that further facilitates building a student’s competencies. LPU follows an outstanding educational method whereby it uses the technique of Audio-Visual smart lectures which tend to disseminate a huge amount of information to the students in a comparatively less amount of time. It helps the students to be more efficient at the three R(s) i.e. Read Revise and Recall.
Lovely Professional University is proudly the owner of one of the world’s largest and the most technologically advanced libraries. It is not just a department, situated in the corner, LPU’s library itself can defeat the buildings of many colleges. The building containing 9 floors and tons of shelves beholding an abundant amount of knowledge. You could find any and every book possible, both academic and non-academic or fictional and non-fictional. A quiet place, peaceful environment, and structured materials help a student to sort among the things he/she need and what he/she doesn’t. The library can accommodate more than a thousand students at once with zero chaos.
LPU offers excellent living accommodation within the campus, separately for boys and girls. The university has a wide range of options that meets the needs of all students. There are rooms ranging from Standard Rooms to Apartments and students can opt for accommodation as per their convenience and choice. The hostels are of major types: Standard Rooms and Apartment.
Read more: LPU Hostel Fees
Lovely Professional University has well-qualified and talented faculty members. The faculty members are highly qualified in their areas of expertise and the majority of them are PhD holders. LPU faculty members guide the students throughout their academic journey. The students get the theoretical and practical knowledge of the industry work.
Read more: LPU Faculty
LPU Innovation and Research
LPU gives its students an opportunity to turn their ideas into reality. The students can research and work on their ideas to invent applications, machines and equipment. Many students have conducted the research and developed some unique and amazing innovations. LPU’s Student Researchers has caught the attention of prestigious News Portals like The Times of India, NDTV, and many more. The following are the innovations of LPU Students:
- LPU students build Algae-based Air Purifier
- Designed and created a unique Solar-powered Driverless Bus
- A low-cost Humanoid Robot
- LPU CSE students a system, Food Pi, to monitor fridge hygiene
- LPU Scientists filed a patent for desalination of ‘Sea-water’ into ‘Drinking water’
- Lovely Professional University, Digantara Research and Technologies has chosen among the top 8 Startups in the world by International Astronautical Federation Committee
- LPU students developed the ‘Bio Air Purifier‘ to fight against Air Pollution
- 7 LPU Students made it to Microsoft Student Partners India Summit 2020 held in New Delhi.
- LPU CSE department students have developed a project Work India Build India that may help combat the rising unemployment in the country.
- Lovely Professional University Mechanical and Computer Science students won the prestigious STEM Engagement Award 2019 by NASA.
Ques. How is LPU for Engineering?
Ans. LPU is the best place to pursue your higher education as it provides better opportunities to their students, let it be curricular or extracurricular activities. LPU imparts practical exposure to the students through well-equipped designed labs with experienced faculty and lab assistants. LPU has a 100% placement record with over 610 hired on a single day by cognizant. Tech Mahindra hired 250 students in one go, which is the highest for any campus drive conducted by Tech Mahindra. International Companies like Hyatt (USA), Ritz Carlton (USA), Adani Wilmar (Africa), Altruist (Africa), Al-Rakha (Dubai), Dharam Consultancy (USA) selected LPU students for International locations.
Ques. What is LPU NEST?
Ans. LPU NEST is an online entrance test conducted by the university. LPU has created centers in more than 200 cities across India. The question pattern followed in the LPU NEST is 30 questions on Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology and 20 questions in English. There is no negative marking in this examination and each correct answer fetches 4 marks. The syllabus for this test is similar to that of the +2. LPU NEST is not only the test for admission to the university but also for the award of scholarship. Based on the performance of the test students can also get scholarships up to Rs 5 lakhs.
Ques. What is the eligibility for LPU Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
Ans. For admission in Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, candidates must have a master’s degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the relevant discipline or M.Phil. Candidates will be selected on the basis of LPUNEST followed by a Personal Interview.
Ques. Does LPU offer MBBS?
Ques. What is the Fees for the MBA program in LPU?
Ques. Do candidates need to appear for LPU NEST for lateral entry?
Ques. What is the highest Package in LPU?
Ques. What is LPU UMS?
Ques. Is LPU a Government University?
Ques. Is LPU a good university?
Ques. Is LPU a recognized university?
Ans. LPU is recognized by several government agencies, like UGC, National Council for Teachers Education(NCTE) and Council of Architecture(COA).
It is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India(PCI) and is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
Along with these, LPU’s Agricultural Department is accredited by ICAR.
Internally, LPU is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs and is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities(ACU)
Ques. What are the Courses offered by LPU?
Ques. How to get admission to LPU?
Ques. What are the Scholarships available in LPU?
- LPUNEST Score
- Eligibility qualification
- National Level Entrance Test like JEE Mains, NEET, UCEED, CAT, etc.
- Performance in sports and extracurricular activities.
- Special Scholarships and fee concession.
Ques. Is the degree awarded by LPU valid for government jobs?
Ques. Is LPU Ragging Free?
Ques. What are the documents required during admission at LPU Distance Education?
- Self-attested marks sheet and passing Certificate (along with original copy)
- Aadhar Card, ID Card and residency proof
- Undertaking from the school/ university last attended (in the case of result is not declared)
- Passport size colour photographs (three)
- Prescribed Admission fee in the form DD drawn in favor of “Lovely Faculty of Distance Education” payable at Jalandhar.
- Undertaking for the GAP period.
Ques. What is LPU e-Connect?
Ques. Does LPU offer short-term language courses?
- Intensive Foreign Language Course in French, German and Japanese
- Fundamental A2 Level in French and German Language
- Certificate Foreign Language French, German and Japanese