Diploma in Anaesthesia is a 2 years post-undergraduate diploma course.The major part of the course deals with the preparation of patients before any surgery and the foundation of Anaesthesia methods.
The eligibility of the exam is passing 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Biology as their subjects with a minimum 50% marks and above with a recognized board.
Diploma in Anaesthesia admissions are merit based in recognized universities and institutions by qualifying 10+2 examinations.
The average course fees for Diploma in Anaesthesia ranges from INR 50,000 to INR1,50,000 lakh.
See More: Diploma in Anaesthesia Top Colleges
Diploma in Anaesthesia subjects include such as Hospital Awareness, Human Pathology, Hematology, Blood Transfusion Procedure, Surgical Preparation, Cannulization, and Biochemistry.
Diploma in Anaesthesia provides opportunities in Government Health care facilities and labs as Anaesthesia technologists.The average salary ranges from INR 5,00,000 lakh to INR 10,00,000 lakh.
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Diploma in Anaesthesia|
|Duration||Diploma in Anaesthesia [DA] Duration is 2 Years.|
|Examination Type||Depends on the University|
|Eligibility||50% in Under graduation|
|Course fees||INR 40000 - 5,00,000 PA|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000- 15,00,000 PA|
|Top Recruiting companies||Apollo Hospitals|
|Job positions||An intensivist, Anesthesia Technician, Radiologist, Anaesthetist, Medical Consultant, Paediatrician, Clinic Associate, Surgeon, Technical Assistant|
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Eligibility
If a candidate is willing to pursue a Diploma in Anaesthesia, he/she should get a minimum 50% aggregate score in 10+2 or even class 10. A candidate who cleared any equivalent exam from a recognized university too can apply.
- The eligibility criteria may vary for the candidates applying for the PG diploma of this course. They have to secure 50% in their undergraduate MBBS/Pharma degree from a recognized university.
- There is a reduction of 5% in the total aggregate score in the 10th class i.e 45% score is enough for the SC/ST category students.
- Some Universities provide admissions through a direct method/ management quota, which is based on the marks obtained at the undergraduate level.
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Admission Process
Admission is based mostly on the results of the 10+2 or 10th exam. Also a National Level Examinations are conducted such as State University Entrance test, NEET-PG, etc to get an admission in various Universities and Institutes. While some universities conduct their own entrance examinations too like the JIPMER entrance test, CMC entrance test.
- Registration: The registration dates will be announced by the institutes days before. You have to just create an account with the basic details like a phone number or email id.
- Fill the Details: Fill in all the necessary details in the application form. Take care to ensure that all the entered details are correct.
- Submit the documents: Submit all the documents needed. They should be uploaded in a specific format only.
- Pay the Fee: Pay the application fee online during the submission of the application form.
- Download Entry Card: Entry cards are released when all the applicants are chosen for eligibility. You have to download the admit card and get a printout to enter the examination hall on the day of the examination.
- Examination: Prepare well as per the examination syllabus and previous papers. Appear for the examination on the date announced.
- Results: Results will be announced after a few weeks after the examination. If you are successful in qualifying for the entrance exam, you can move on to the next round.
- Counseling and Admission: Counseling will be held for students who passed the entrance test.
Tips for College Admission
Some of the important course preparation tips for the student who wants to pursue a Diploma in Anaesthesia:
Know the Syllabus: The syllabus of a Diploma in anesthesia is one of the essential roles a student should focus on. This helps the student to focus during the time of the examination.
Plan: Make a plan that can help the student study according to the work. This enables them to keep both balanced.
Practice Regularly: Practice medicine-making techniques regularly so that it becomes a learning experience for practical examinations.
Connect With other graduates: Start connecting with fellow graduates and seniors who can help you with providing an exchange of knowledge.
Diploma in Anaesthesia:Why this Course
- Anesthesia is one of the important procedures which was done on a patient before any surgery. This can’t be done by surgeons or doctors.
- Anesthesia is done only by Anaesthesia specialists, this creates plenty of job scopes for graduates. This course provides education on how to use anesthesia procedures and techniques.
- They will get trained with different types of patients and surgical methods to ensure maximum safety and painless procedure. They should understand the severity of life-threatening conditions and analyze the requirement.
- in addition to that, they should be able to consider the amount of dosage needed.
- Job opportunities for the graduates of Diploma in Anesthesia have seen massive growth to massive developments in anesthesia technology.
- It also leads to an increase in several healthcare facilities that require specialized anesthesia graduates.
- Graduates of a Diploma in Anesthesia can also enter into the pharma line owing to their knowledge of biochemistry behind anaesthetic drugs.
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Comparison
The course comparison between Diploma in Anesthesia and B.Sc Anesthesia is as follows.
|Parameters||Diploma in anesthesia||B.Sc Anesthesia|
|Duration||2 Years||3 years|
|Focus Area||Diploma in Anesthesia aims to gain knowledge and skills on techniques of implementing anesthesia methods||BSC Anesthesia is a theoretical course to gain knowledge on Anesthesia techniques|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Base, NEET||Merit base or Entrance based|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass 10+2 with a minimum of 50% and above marks||10+2 with a 45% minimum score|
|Average Course Fees||INR 42,000 to 15,00,000||INR 25,000- 41,000|
|Job Options||Radiologist, Anaesthetist, Medical consultant, Paediatrician||Anesthesia technician, Medical consultant, Pediatrician, Clinical associate|
|Areas of Employment||Hospitals in India and abroad||Medical clinics and Hospitals|
|Average Placement Package||3 to 11 LPA||4 LPA|
Diploma in Anesthesia:Top Colleges
|Name of the college/ University||Average Annual Fees|
|Christian Medical College- Vellore||INR 48,330|
|Maulana Azad Medical College- New Delhi||INR 15,450|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College- Mumbai||INR 1,03,000|
|Aliragh Muslim University- Aligarh||INR 5,00,000|
|B.J.Medical College- Ahmedabad||INR 6,000|
|Kasturba Medical College- Mangalore||INR 14,40,000|
|LLRM Medical College- Meerut||INR 43,000|
|Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Science||INR 15,000|
Diploma in Anesthesia: College Comparison
|Parameter||Christian Medical College- Vellore||Maulana Azad Medical College- New Delhi||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College- Mumbai|
|Objective||Christian Medical College is one of the top colleges in India and also ranked number 2 by India Today.||Maulana Azad Medical College- New Delhi offers Diploma in Anesthesia||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal College- Mumbai is one of the most famous colleges in India that offer diploma courses.|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 48,330||INR 15,450||INR 1,03,000|
|Average Annual placement package||INR 5,00,000||INR 5,00,000||INR 4,00,000|
Diploma in Anaesthesia: What is it About?
Diploma in Anaesthesia is a 1 to a 3-year course that is considered as one of the most important steps before the surgery. The vocational diploma course emphasizes a comprehensive education into the field of anesthetics.
Candidates from Biology Chemistry and physics background who get a minimum score of 50% in 10th or Intermediate from any board who has an interest in doing Anesthesia science are eligible to join this course.
The course mainly focuses on gaining theoretical and practical knowledge on various types of anesthesia methods. This training specializes in the students demonstrating their knowledge of pain therapy, anesthesia nerve blocks, acute pain management, acupressure, and other non-conventional methods of pain-relieving.
Diploma in Anesthesia aims to provide knowledge and skills on techniques of implementing anesthesia methods as a Junior Anaesthesia Specialist for minor surgery cases.
The course is allocated to impart diagnosis and basic study along with understanding the patient’s physiology and anatomical conditions.. The course curriculum is designed to provide students with more aspects of the physiological and anatomical study mixed with pharmacology.
Students can pursue this course and directly move for the course of Surgical science or can pursue a post-graduate diploma course after completion of the MBBS course.
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Human Anatomy and Physiology||Introduction to Anaesthesia|
|Physiology of Anesthesia||Metabolic response to stress and Trauma|
|Pharmacology of Anaesthesia||Biochemistry|
|Post Anesthesia care rooms||Defensive Anesthesia|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Computers in Anesthesia||Cardiovascular pharmacology|
|Anesthesia postures||Third world anesthesia|
|Anesthesia techniques||Neonatal Resuscitation|
|Chronic pain therapy||Paediatric Anesthesia|
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Books
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Anesthesia: A comprehensive Review||Brian Hall, Robert Chantigian|
|Anesthesia and Uncommon Diseases||Lee Fleisher|
|Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications||Jan Ethernet, James Berry and James Einsenkraft|
|Anesthesia for Congenital Heart Disease||Dean Andropoulos, Isobel Russell, Emad Mossad, and Stephen Stayer|
|Anesthesia for Genetic, Metabolic and Dysmorphic Syndromes||Victor Baum, Jennifer O Flaherty|
|Anesthesia Made Easy: The Survival Guide||Jeff Steiner|
|Anesthesia Oral Board Review||Gregory George|
Diploma in Anaesthesia:Jobs
- Healthcare and product sectors in Healthcare are growing at full speed. Due to the major need for Anaesthesia technicians for pre and post-surgery, a wide range of job opportunities are available for the Diploma in Anesthesia graduates.
- Though anesthesia graduates aren't only restricted to hospitals, they are also hired by anesthesia machine manufacturing units, labs, and drug chemist companies. The pharmaceutical companies that deal with anesthesia drugs also hire Diploma in Anaesthesia graduates.
- The average salary for a diploma in Anaesthesia graduate may be INR 4 to 15 Lakhs per Annum depending upon the sector.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Assistant Anesthesiologist||The job responsibilities of an Assistant Anesthesiologist are to take care of patients and meet them.||INR 12,12,439|
|Nurse Anaesthetics||A certified nurse Anaesthetics work with anesthesiologists and other medical professionals||INR 67,35,782|
|Anesthesia Technician||Anesthesia technician supports anesthesiologist assistants, nurses and others||INR 2,13,454|
|Surgeon||Surgeons treat patients with injuries and diseases||INR 11,66,240|
|Medical consultant||Medical consultants are involved in business-related issues of medical facilities.||INR 2,47,352|
|Pediatrician||Pediatrician shows care on children, infants, and adults||INR 7,00,000|
Diploma in Anaesthesia: Scope for further Studies
One of the better options after doing a Diploma in Anesthesia is to pursue higher education which may be a Bachelor’s degree in one of the health sciences. The Bachelor’s program available for Diploma in Anesthesia graduates are B.Sc in Radio imaging technology and Nutrition Dietetics.
- B.Sc in Radio Imaging: B.Sc in Radiology and Imaging Technology is a 3.5-year degree course that was designed to gain medical imaging knowledge through training programs and quality research.
- B.Sc Nutrition: B.Sc in Nutrition is a 3-year undergraduate degree program. This involves the study of food management and promoting a healthy diet.
Ques. What are the best options after completing a Diploma in Anesthesia?
Ans. A diploma in Anesthesia gives the experience to practice in private and corporate hospitals. You can even take up ICU. Or else go for higher studies
Ques. Can a Bpharm student be eligible to study Diploma in Anesthesia?
Ans. No, You require an MBBS degree to study Diploma in Anesthesia.
Ques. Diploma in Anesthesia vs MD in microbiology?
Ans. Both of the branches are completely different. Microbiology is a nonclinical branch where you spend time in a lab. While Anesthesia deals directly with patients.
Ques. Is there any scope for DA in western countries?
Ans. There are about 99,700 surgical technology positions including anesthesia technology positions in the country.
Ques. Can I do a diploma in Anesthesia after completing 12th standard?
Ans. No, Anesthesia is a specialization course. You have to do the MBBS course first.
Ques. Does Diploma in Anesthesia have a future scope in India?
Ans. Yes, This is an excellent course for better job options.
Ques. Which is more preferred MD or Anesthesia?
Ans. MD is always preferred over Diploma.
Ques. How long does it take to become an anesthesiologist?
Ans. It takes around 9 years after completing your intermediate course.
Ques. Is there any benefit of doing a Diploma In ANesthesia?
Ans. Yes, there is a huge demand for operation theatre attendants.
Ques. Are there any nurse anesthesia courses in India?
Ans. Yes, there are many courses available in India. Please check while joining because there are fake courses as well.