Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Quick Updates
May 24: AMU will conduct the AMU Entrance Exam in the month of July and August; Registered candidates can change their exam centers online.
May 22: Aligarh Muslim University has organised online short term course on “Disaster Management and its Mitigation”.
May 3: Even Semester Exam form submission date has been extended to May 18.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), established in 1920, by a Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, is one of the top universities in India with NIRF Ranking of 18th. The university is well known internationally too and ranked by QS Asian ranking at #238th place. The engineering wing of the college called Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology is also ranked at 17th place by India today. The university has opened three new centers of study outside Aligarh in Murshidabad (West Bengal), Malappuram (Kerala) and Kishanganj (Bihar).
Quick Updates: April 13: AMU provides an opportunity for online internships to its students.
|Established In| Type||1920| Public|
|Courses||UG, PG, Diploma and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||AMUEE Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
AMU runs a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses. It has 12 faculties viz. Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Management Studies & Research, Science, Social Sciences, Theology, Unani Medicine, each comprising several Departments of Studies.
|B.A||English, Hindi, Polity, Civics, Geography, History, Psychology, Philosophy, Economics, Education, Social Work, Women’s Studies ||10+2 grade in a relevant discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50%|
|M.A||B.A pass with 50%|
|B.Sc||Agricultural Science, Home Science, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Applications||10+2 grade in a relevant discipline with min 50% marks.|
|M.Sc||B.Sc passed with min 50% marks.|
|B. Voc||Production Technology, Polymer & Coating Technology, Fashion Design & Garment Technology||10+2 passed with min 50% marks.|
|M. Voc||B.Voc passed with min 50% marks.|
|BFA||Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish||10+2 passed in any stream.|
|MFA||BFA Passed in relevant stream.|
|B.Tech||Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Petrochemical||10+2 passed in the relevant stream.|
|M.Tech||B.Tech passed in the relevant stream.|
|B.Arch||Architecture||10+2 passed with min 50% marks.|
|B.Li.Sc|| Library Science||10+2 passed with min 50% marks. |
|M.Li.Sc||B.Li.Sc passed in the relevant stream.|
|BRIT||Radiation Therapy||10+2 passed in science.|
|B.P.ed||Physical Education||Graduation passed. |
|BA-LL.B||Law||Graduation passed in any stream.|
|MBBS||Medical Sciences||10+2 passed in the science stream.|
|BDS||Dental Science||10+2 passed in the science stream.|
|MBA||Business Administration||Graduation in a relevant stream.|
Note: The university also offers Ph.D in streams of Arts, Science and Commerce.
Read More AMU Courses
The application process is done through online mode. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their applications on the official website of AMU. The application form can be filled online by following the below-listed steps:
Visit the official website of AMU.
Register as a new user by providing details of Name, Address & course of choice.
Log in using the username and password generated at the time of registration.
Fill the form with respect to personal and academic details. Upload photograph and signature.
Fill the Aligarh Muslim University Admission Form and pay the application by Credit/ Debit card or through Net-Banking.
Cross verify the duly filled application form and click on submit.
Take the printout of filled form for future reference.
Tabulated below are the entrance exams respective to their courses for admission in Aligarh Muslim University.
Note: Selection is done on the basis of Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam which is conducted by the university itself.
Check AMU Admission
Also, Read AMU Distance Education Program
Aligarh Muslim University offers the following scholarship to the students as per their eligibility for each of them.
- Sultan Jahan Begum Scholarship (Oman, open to all-around 40 scholarships)
- Dr. E. R. Ansari Scholarship (Abu Dhabi, open to all-around 10 scholarships)
- AMU Alumni Association, Australia ( open to all-around 38 scholarships)
- AMU Alumni Association, California ( open to all-around 200 scholarships)
- The Aligarh Alumni Association, Washington DC ( open to all-around 248 scholarships)
- MSUS Scholarship ( two scholarship, specific for MJMC students)
The University provides a placement cell that looks after the student’s career. Therefore, students are having a very bright future once they get here. The University stands tall in this regard. It invited speakers from the corporate world like Wipro, Genpact, ICICI Bank, NIIT, etc for the Guidance and Motivation of the students. Both the courses B.Tech and MBA students are in huge demand in industry and well known for their academic and professional knowledge.
AMU Placement Companies
Read More AMU Placements
AMU has all the facilities for the overall development of the students. Some of them are listed below:
- Library: It is known as the Maulana Azad Library. It is the second biggest University Library of Asia. It has a whopping collection of over 11.5 lakh books and documents. There are books on different subjects in Science & Technology. The library has a well-equipped Computer Lab. The library has a great number of books in English.
- Hostel: An extraordinary feature of the University is its inhabited nature. Both the students and staff reside together on the campus itself. There are 26 halls and 69 Hostels. AMU is really an agent of the country's multiracial, multilingual and multi-religious characteristic. Hindus Muslims, Sikhs, and Christians are studying and staying together.
- Sports: 19 main clubs comprise the University Games Committee. There are 7 sub-clubs also the country has got the best sportsmen from this University. The University provides for separate grounds for cricket, football, hockey, athletics, and tennis. Games and sports are very important for the students to keep themselves fit and fit as a fiddle. The indoor games are also being played. Indoor games like chess, carom, billiards, badminton and table tennis are there for the boys and girls to play.
- Computer Centre: It is very well equipped and thus provides with very fast internet system. The computers are updated every now and then. A student can use it for their benefit and thus derive immense help from the Centre.
AMU Schools and Colleges
AMU is holding the hands of many schools and colleges. Once you glance through the list, you will grasp the power of the shadow of the Aligarh Muslim University.
- Senior Secondary School (Boys/Girls)
- S. T. High School (Minto Circle)
- Women's College
- Ahmadi School for Blind
- City High School
- University Schools
- Abdullah Girls High School
Inter-departmental research centers
- Centre for West Asian Studies
- Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit
- Centre for Comparative Study of Indian Languages & Culture
- Centre of Excellence in Material Science/Nanotechnology (Soon to be established)
Ques. What will be the medium of instruction for all programs?
Ans. English is the preferred language for all the programs.
Ques. Are all the Programs for Graduation and Post-Graduation available in the online format?
Ans. Not every program is available online. The University has planned to launch several programs in the ICT Enabled Programs format very soon. This shall depend upon the interest of the students for particular programs. You may want to submit your request if the program you desire does not feature in the available list of programs.
Ques. Will I earn academic credit if I enroll in any of these programs?
Ans. Students enrolling for ICT Enabled Programs earn academic credit, and are graded in the same way as other students of the University. The University maintains parity for students irrespective of the medium of teaching.
Ques. What are the arrangements of convocation by the University?
Ans. The University facilitates a Convocation Ceremony where students are awarded with their degrees. The students are requested to watch for the notification issued by the University for the Annual Convocation in the Newspapers and in the University’s website and submit the application for the convocation, after remitting the fee prescribed.
Ques. Do I need to pay for individual mark statements and the provisional certificate?
Ans. The student has to pay the prescribed fee along with the examination fee to receive his/her individual marksheet and the provisional certificate. The same is included as part of the fees for final examination. The details shall be provided on the exam application form.
Ques. How do I apply for an ICT Enabled program?
Ans. Admissions for the ICT Enabled Programs can be taken using the Online Application Form. Please do check for the current batches. The student needs to align himself/herself with the currently running batches in the University. However, if desired, the student can also download the offline application form, fill it up and send the same to the University (please refer to the ‘Admission’ section of the website).
Ques. What is the procedure if one needs to change the program?
Ans. A Student once enrolled is not eligible for requesting Change of Program.
Ques. What is the cancellation policy of the University?
Ans. Once the student is admitted for a university program, he/she cannot cancel the admission.
Ques. Is there any provision for fee reimbursement to SC / ST / BC / OBC candidates for online programs?
Ans. There are no such fee concessions or reimbursements for any category of the students.
Ques. Whom should I contact in case of further queries?
Ans. If you are a student, you can contact your respective academic counselor for academic queries or fill up the form on Contact page for any queries related to the program. Prospective students can speak to our counselors on the number mentioned on the website or fill up the Request Info form on the Homepage. Faculty or Partners who are interested to work with us can fill up their enquiry on the Contact page.