What is a PhD in Yoga?
PhD in Yoga is a 3-years full-time course programme that focuses on human health and Yogic studies through a detailed academic conceptual framework through research-based education. This course programme teaches the students about various aspects and importance of Yoga and Yogic Studies on the Human body.
- PhD in Yoga enlightens the students about various skills associated with Yoga including Yogic therapy, Yogic training and most promisingly it describes the various methods to heal various diseases and problems of the human body.
- A PhD in Yoga focuses on both the health of a human body, physical health and mental health.
- The students willing to pursue PhD in Yoga must secure a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in their PG level in the same or equivalent stream from any recognized University.
- The admission to PhD in Yoga is conducted through entrance examination and merit-based admission which varies among universities.
- After completing PhD in Yoga the students can work in various roles such as Yoga Therapist, General Therapist, Research Officer, Yoga Trainer, Yoga Instructor, and Ayurvedic Doctor, etc., in various fields like Yoga Centres, Housing Societies, Spa, Hotels, Restaurants, Health Clubs, and Educational Institutes, etc.
- A fresh candidate after PhD in Yoga can expect an average salary of INR 1 to 15 Lakhs per annum.
- In this total course structure, the students learn various interesting subjects including the fundamentals of Yoga, Human Anatomy, Microbiology, Natural Yogic Diet, and the Stages of Yoga etc.
- A PhD in Yoga is all about offering relief to the human by various yogic techniques. It is also responsible to erase different human mental and physical disorders through a long term treatment.
Some of the top PhD in Yoga colleges in India are:
|Name of the College||Location||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Uttarakhand Sanskrit University||Uttarakhand||Merit-based||INR 8,890||INR 2.35 LPA|
|Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University||Chennai||Entrance and Interview||INR 2,800||INR 3.10 LPA|
|Singhania University||Rajasthan||Entrance and Interview||INR 50,000||INR 1.8 LPA|
|Himachal Pradesh University||Himachal Pradesh||Entrance Examination||-||3.00 LPA|
|Shoolini University||Himachal Pradesh||Shoolini University Entrance Test and Interview||1.21 Lakhs||6.50 LPA|
What is the PhD in Yoga Admission Process?
The admission to PhD in Yoga is conducted through both the methods entrance examination and merit-based admission. It will depend upon the college or university you will choose.
The merit-based admission procedures for PhD in Yoga are as follows:
- The candidates have to apply online at the official website of the college or university.
- The application form should be filled up correctly after meeting the eligibility criteria of the college.
- Once the application period is over, the qualified candidates will be sorted out and called for counseling.
- Final Merit-List will be disclosed by the university or the college.
- The candidates should present at the counseling to confirm their admission in the college.
The entrance-based admission procedures for PhD in Yoga are as follows:
- The candidates have to apply at the official website of the entrance examination conducting body to successfully register them.
- The examination date will be published by the authority and the candidates have to present in the examination.
- To get admission to the PhD in Yoga, the candidates need to score a high grade or CGPA in the respective examinations.
- The authority will bring out a merit list of the successful candidates and make the required college allotment to the students.
- The candidates have to go through further personal interview rounds as a part of their admission.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Yoga?
The eligibility criteria for the application of PhD in Yoga has been discussed below in the following points –
- The candidates have to secure a minimum of 55% marks in the PG Level to apply for the course.
- The candidates have to complete their Post Graduation level of study from any recognized college or university.
- The candidates must have done their Post Graduation in Yoga or have passed MBBS or any other relevant examination.
Also, check out the entire list of the Top PhD in Yoga Colleges along with their ranking, course fee and every other detail.
Which PhD in Yoga Entrance Exams are Held in India?
The admission to the PhD in Yoga can be obtained through entrance examination also. The following are the names of the popular entrance examinations for PhD in Yoga.
- AIAP GET – This examination is conducted by the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA). It is a MCQ-based examination and the duration is 90 min slotted for this.
- UAPMT – This MCQ-based examination is conducted by the Uttarakhand Ayurved University.
|Name of the Examination||Application Date||Examination Date||Mode of the Examination|
|AIPGET||30th Jun’20 (Extended)||28th September’20||Online|
Also, check out Sanchi University Admission Details 2020.
How to Prepare for the PhD in Yoga Entrance Examination?
Followings are some useful tips that you should follow while preparing for a PhD in Yoga entrance examination.
- Start your preparation before a year of the entrance examination so that you have ample time to complete the syllabus and take in depth knowledge about the subjects.
- If the format of the entrance examinations is MCQ, then practice as many as possible MCQ questions from different books.
- Collect Mock papers and give mock tests to build your confidence and skills before the final entrance examination.
- Try to find out the applicability of the subjects rather than only academic aspects. It will help you to clear your final entrance examination easily.
How to Get Admission Into a Good College Offering a PhD in Yoga?
As a higher education research programme like PhD in Yoga, it is very much essential to take admission in a good college. Followings are some important points that will help you to take admission in a good college.
- If you are very much passionate to take admission in the PhD in Yoga, then you have to secure a comfortable score in your Post Graduation level of study.
- If you are preparing to sit in any entrance examination, then you have to also score a high CGPA in the relevant entrance examination to get admission in a good PhD in Yoga College.
- Before planning for any college or university, please make scrutiny of that desired college.
- Make sure the college has perfect scope and decent infrastructure to prepare you to master a PhD in Yoga.
PhD in Yoga: What is it About?
PhD in Yoga is the higher education research-based course programme especially designed for the candidates having true fascination for Yoga, healthy lifestyle, fitness, and primary ayurveda shastra.
- By pursuing this course, the students can get to learn various yogic techniques, tactics and methods to serve the patients having various problems including mental and physical.
- This course programme let the students explore the power of Yoga and the importance of it over mankind especially in today’s world. PhD in Yoga describes the total three dimensions of Yoga including Mental, Physical and Spiritual. Spiritual Dimension describes to generate internal tranquility through Yoga and erase all the stress, anxiety and other psychological problems.
- It encounters the different techniques associated with Yoga for the treatment of the severely ailed people suffering from physical and mental disorders.
- During the course programme, the students can learn various subjects including the philosophy of yoga, physiology, basic research statistics and methodology, basic psychological processes, human anatomy, scientific study of yoga and consciousness, and the theoretical perspectives of yoga.
- PhD in Yoga is the knot that combines the traditional techniques of Yoga and the western approach of Yoga.
PhD in Yoga Course Highlights
The course Highlights for PhD in Yoga are pointed out below –
|Duration||3 Years – Full Time|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Post Graduation in Yoga/ MBBS/ or any other relevant stream from any recognized School/University with at least 55% marks.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination and Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Rs. 2,000 – 100,000|
|Average Salary||1 to 15 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hyatt Hotels Corporation, ESIC General Hospital, IGNOU, Best Aromatics Limited, National Health Mission, and Ayur Bethaniya Limited|
|Job Positions||Yoga Therapist, General Therapist, Research Officer, Yoga Trainer, Yoga Instructor, and Ayurvedic Doctor etc.|
Why Study PhD in Yoga?
PhD in Yoga is a very important subject in today’s world and society. This course is only teaches the students about the academic aspect of Yoga, but it also enlightens the students with various external skills, knowledge and techniques. Followings are some important points that describes why to choose the particular course –
- The candidates who have their interest towards fitness, lifestyle, health, Yoga, and exercise, this course PhD in Yoga will be ideal for them.
- It will help them to gain more knowledge regarding the Yoga related and interrelated fields quite efficiently.
- Since Yoga is a three dimensional subject containing Physical, Mental and Spiritual health of a human being, the students will learn several extensive aspects and techniques associated with them.
- PhD in Yoga will help the students to boost up their strong motivational skills, Communication Skills, Interpersonal relation skills and speaking ability.
- This course will teach the students the various tactics to cure the patients having Physical and mental disorders.
- PhD in Yoga will empower the candidates about the art of Yoga and applicability of ayurvedic medicines over the human body with zero side effects.
What are the Top PhD in Yoga Colleges?
The highlights of the top 10 colleges that provide PhD in Yoga are mentioned below –
|College Name||Location||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya||Madhya Pradesh||Doctoral Entrance Test (DET)||INR 30,000||INR 1.50 LPA|
|Uttarakhand Sanskrit University||Uttarakhand||Merit-based||INR 8,890||INR 2.35 LPA-|
|Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University||Chennai||Entrance and Interview||INR 2,800/||INR 3.10 LPA|
|Singhania University||Rajasthan||Entrance and Interview||INR 50,00-||INR 1.8 LPA|
|Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu||Admission Test and Interview||-||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Himachal Pradesh University||Himachal Pradesh||Entrance Examination||-||INR 3.00 LPA|
|YBN University||Jharkhand||Entrance||INR 80,000||INR 1.4 LPA|
|Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya||Madhya Pradesh||Doctoral entrance Test (DET)||INR 12,000||INR 2.6 LPA|
|Shoolini University||Himachal Pradesh||Shoolini University Entrance Test and Interview||INR 1.21 Lakhs||INR 6.50 LPA|
|Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Vedic Vishwavidyalaya||Madhya Pradesh||Merit-based||INR 13,300||INR 1.9 LPA|
What is the PhD in Yoga Syllabus?
The 3 Years’ Full Time complete PhD in Yoga syllabus is tabularized below. The subjects are allocated according to the yearly basis –
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Fundamentals of Yoga||Natural Yogic Diet||Stages of Yoga Practices|
|Human Anatomy||Siddhar’s Psychology||Home Remedies|
|Microbiology||Demonstration of Surya Namaskar||Rule of Yoga in Health|
|Psychological Functions of Human Body||Preventive health Measures of Siddhars||Demonstrations of Yogasanas|
|Identification of Herbs||Preparation of One Yogic Chart||-|
|Medicinal Values of Herbs||-||-|
|Social Outlook of Siddhars||-||-|
Which Are the Best PhD in Yoga Books?
PhD in Yoga is one of the crucial subjects opted by the students in today’s world. Depression, various disorders and health problems are looming large in the world. It is very much important to gain ultimate knowledge of Yoga while studying this 3 Years’ Research course on Yoga.
The following are some important books that you should follow during your PhD in Yoga studies.
|The Power of Yoga||Yamini Muthanna|
|Dream Yoga||Andrew Holecek|
|Stopping the Noise in Your Head||Reid Wilson|
|Prostate Health in 90 days||Larry Clapp|
|You are the Universe||Deepak Chopra|
What are the Job Prospects and Career Options in PhD in Yoga?
PhD in Yoga has optimum job prospects in India and as well as abroad. It is of the valuable courses opted out by the students in India to delve deep into the field of Yoga.
The names of the top organizations where the students can work get them placed after PhD in Yoga are Hyatt Hotels Corporation, ESIC General Hospital, IGNOU, Best Aromatics Limited, National Health Mission, and Ayur Bethaniya Limited etc.
The following job profiles can be expected by the candidates after completing PhD in Yoga –
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Ayurvedic Doctor||Ayurvedic Doctors are responsible to provide the Ayurvedic Medicine treatment to the patients. It is a zero side effect treatment of various disorders that involves various steps like visualization, analyzation and medical history of the patients. They have to cure the patients through various ayurvedic tactics and medicines.||INR 3.77 LPA|
|Yoga Instructor||Yoga Instructors have to teach the basic and advanced stages of Yoga to the patients including right position, posture, and techniques. They closely associated with the patients and supervise them. They provide various Yogic advice and monitor the improvements of the patients. They also learn various types of breathing techniques.||INR 2.15 LPA|
|Yoga Therapist||Yoga therapists are responsible to have the treatment of the patients through Yogic therapeutic process. They cure physical diseases like diabetes, back pain, asthma, blood pressure, blood sugar, and arthritis etc. They also take care of the mental health and physiological problems including stress, anxiety, and depression etc. They make the complete treatment in various sessions.||INR 2.00 LPA|
|Research Officer||Research Officers are responsible to conduct general research including qualitative and quantitative factors that shall help to prepare a strong report. They have to sketch a complete blueprint of a research and make a presentation about it. Research Officers attend different sessions and information sessions to collect information essential for preparing and writing reports.||INR 4.24 LPA|
|Clinical Psychologist||Clinical Psychologists are responsible to find out the different psychological problems of the patients and try to resolve them through various clinical processes and therapies. The Psychological problems include emotional, behavioral and mental disorders. They closely examine the patients and set up treatment according to the outcome.||INR 3.53 LPA|
What is the Future Scope of PhD in Yoga?
We have already said that the PhD in Yoga is one of the important courses opted by the Indian students in today’s world. Now in India, the importance and the scope of Yoga is growing up day by day.
- People are more conscious to heal themselves with the help of Yogic art and Ayurvedic shastra. A PhD in Yoga is such a stream that possesses high market value.
- After the completion of PhD in Yoga, the students can find various jobs like Yoga Therapist, General Therapist, Research Officer, Yoga Trainer, Yoga Instructor, and Ayurvedic Doctor Etc. in the various sectors like health centers, schools, resorts, large organizations, gyms, yoga centers, housing societies, spa, hotels, restaurants, health clubs, educational institutes, ayurvedic hospitals, and ayurvedic clinics etc.
- On the other hand, if the students wish to pursue higher studies, then they can also do the same. But PhD in Yoga is the highest possible academic degree that a student will achieve in the field of yogic studies.
- However, after PhD in Yogic, the students can either go for PhD in Physical Education or Ayurvedic Studies. PhD in Physical Education is quite similar to Yoga.
- The students will be more skilled and knowledgeable after pursuing it.
PhD in Yoga FAQs
Ques. Which state has the cheapest private colleges for PhD in Yoga?
Ques. Which state has the cheapest public colleges for PhD in Yoga?
Ques. Can I pursue a PhD in Yoga if Foreign Universities as an Indian Student?
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility to pursue a PhD in Yoga from abroad?
Ques. Is it mandatory to do a PhD in Yoga to become a Yoga teacher?
Ques. Is it worth pursuing a PhD in Yoga?
Ques. Can I pursue a PhD in Yoga from Science background?
Ques. Which are the best abroad countries to pursue a PhD in Yoga?
Ques. Is it compulsory to complete a Master 's degree to get eligible for a PhD in Yoga?
Ques. What are the top working areas after PhD in Yoga?