Table of Contents
Rajasthan Polytechnic Exam 2020 Application Process, Dates, Eligibility
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 admission process is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Rajasthan. Applicants don’t need to give any entrance examination for admission to polytechnic courses.
Rajasthan polytechnic 2020 admission will be done on the basis of high school merit list. Candidates can get into various government and private polytechnic colleges in Rajasthan state that offer engineering and non- engineering diploma courses through this admission process.
The registration for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 can be done till the July 3, 2020. Aspirants can see the updated notifications as also download the information brochure from the official website dteapp.hte.rajasthan.gov.in.
Application forms can be filled via both online and offline methods. Candidates need to enter general details about themselves and their educational qualifications.
The Board of Technical Education Rajasthan will publish a merit list of the short-listed applicants. These students will be eligible for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Counselling and will be allotted seats in colleges in accordance with merit.
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Exam Dates
The schedule proposed for the Polytechnic programs in Rajasthan for the academic year 2020-2021 is given below. The important dates regarding admissions will be updated from time to time and will also be available on the official website of the organizing body.
|Registration and Online Application begins||June 12, 2020|
|Last date of Online Application||July 3, 2020|
|Declaration of Provisional Merit list||July 8, 2020|
|Last date to challenge Provisional Merit list||July 9 – 12, 2020|
|Manual Counselling||July 19, 2020|
|Seat allotment – Round 1||July 22, 2020|
|Document verification and Payment of processing fee of Rs 1000||July 23 – 29, 2020|
|List of candidates opting for upward movement||July 31, 2020|
|Seat allotment – Round 2||August 3, 2020|
|Document verification and Payment of processing fee of Rs 1000||August 5 – 9, 2020|
|Reporting at alloted institute and Payment of remaining fee||August 13 – 18, 2020|
|Commencment of classes||August 21, 2020|
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 is as set up by the Directorate of Technical Education, Rajasthan. Students must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Students must be citizens of India to be eligible for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 admission process.
Applicants must attain at least 15 years of lower age limit for getting admission to any polytechnic course. The conducting body has not prescribed an upper age limit.
Students must have completed their class 10 or its equivalent education from any recognized board. Candidates must have Mathematics and Science as compulsory subjects and should secure a minimum aggregate of 35% marks to be eligible for polytechnic courses.
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Application Form
Application forms will be available online tentatively from June 12, 2020. The portal for applying for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 will close on July 3, 2020. Aspirants can log on to the website www.sso.rajasthan.gov.in . The online application form can be filled up using these easy steps:
- Log on to the official website and click on ‘New User’. Fill in the necessary details to generate a SSO Login ID and Password. Note it down.
- Login using the generated credentials and select the appropriate polytechnic course.
- Aspirants will be redirected to a registration page. Enter personal details (name, parents’ name, date of birth, gender, etc.), and contact details (mobile number, email ID). Click ‘Register for Online Application’ after filling up this page.
- Upon registering, a unique ID will be generated which will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number. Save this ID for future reference.
- Next, students will be required to pay the application fee. They can pay fees via both offline and online mode. Candidates must choose the suitable method for paying fees and save the receipt of transaction as proof of payment.
- After application fees are paid, individuals will have to fill up details regarding their academic qualifications, address and bank information.
- Aspirants must then upload necessary documents and submit the form after carefully verifying the details.
- They must take a print out of the confirmation page generated for future reference.
Candidates must note that they can register for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 via offline mode also. They can visit their nearest E-Mitra Kiosk center for registration and payment of fees. The completed application form along with photocopies of necessary documents is to be submitted to the Government Polytechnic College, Ajmer either in person or through Post/ Courier.
The form sent by mail must be sent by registered post/ speed post or courier. An application form that is incomplete or an application form which is not accompanied by necessary documents will not be considered.
Uploading of Documents
Candidates must upload scanned copies of certain documents and certificates as proof of details entered during Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 registration. The necessary documents are-
- Recent passport-sized photograph and signature of applicant
- Domicile certificate
- Mark sheet of secondary exam.
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Application Fee
Payment of fees is an important step in completing the Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Application process. An application form submitted without the payment of the entrance fees will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
The application fee for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 is INR 300 for the applicants of all categories and is non-refundable. Fees can be rendered via both online and offline mode.
Candidates can pay the fees online through Debit card. They must refer to the guidelines, terms and conditions for online payment as given on the web page. Fees can be paid via cash at any E-Mitra center.
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Merit List
The conducting body will release a provisional merit list on July 8, 2020 on the official website. It will contain names of aspirants short-listed for the further admission process in order of ranks secured by them.
The merit list will be made on the basis of the marks secured by applicants in the qualifying examination. On the basis of the merit list, applicants will get admission according to their ranks and their choice of institute.
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Reservation
The seats in the participating institutes of Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 will be filled entirely based on merit and there will be caste based reservation. Certain number of seats for defense personnel and as also women applicants will be reserved. The reservation of seats as per category are given below-
- 16% seats will be reserved for SC candidates
- 12% seats for ST candidates. Out of these seats, 45% seats of prescribed quota will be reserved for TSP in all colleges where reservation for ST category is available. Applicants who belong to notified areas of five districts namely Banswara, Dungarpur, Pratapgarh, Udaipur and Sirohi i.e. districts in tribal region and fall under this category will be eligible for these seats.
- 21% seats will be reserved for aspirants belonging to non- creamy layer OBC category and 1% for non-creamy layer SBC candidates.
- 3% seats for candidates belonging to Person with Disability (PwD)
- 25% seats for women applicants
- 3% for dependants of Defense Killed/ Ex-servicemen or Gallantry award winners
- 5% seats of total intake capacity will be reserved for Kashmiri Migrants. Sons/ daughters of displaced people from Jammu and Kashmir will be eligible for this reservation.
Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Counselling
After declaration of the merit list, short-listed candidates must appear for the Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Counselling. The Counselling process will be conducted by DTE, Rajasthan. It will be a centralized process and will be on July 19, 2020.
Individuals will be called for Counselling as per their rank in the merit list and will be offered a seat as per availability of the seat in the particular college and course. The schedule for Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Counselling will be uploaded on the official website.
Hence, applicants are advised to regularly visit the website for the details about the process. The Counselling process will take place in the following way:
- The Counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the designated centers.
- They will exercise their choice of program according to availability of seats in order of merit.
- Candidates will be offered seats based on merit as also course and college preferred.
- Aspirants will be required to carry certain certificates and documents which will be verified by the supervisor’s present at the Counselling center.
- They will have to pay a non-refundable admission fee of INR 4000 irrespective of their category.
- If the aspirant wishes to accept the seat offered, he must go to the college allotted to him and complete the admission formalities and pay the requisite fees within a stipulated period of time.
- If an individual does not get his first preference then he will be allotted a provisional seat. The provisional seat or any available seat will be confirmed only in the second Counselling round.
Document verification is an important element of Rajasthan Polytechnic 2020 Counselling. The documents required for Counselling are-
- Class 10 Mark sheet
- Class 10 passing certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Character Certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Category Certificate
- PwD certificate
- Residence certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College