UPSEE(UPCET) MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria has been defined by AKTU for candidates seeking admission to various state universities and colleges in UP. According to that candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST category) in their Bachelor's Degree to apply for the exam. Check UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Application Form
UPSEE/UPCET MBA Latest Updates
- April 21: NTA recommends candidates to retain the Application Confirmation page for future reference. Check here
- April 15: NTA has extended the last date to register for UPCET MBA 2021. Check here
Table of Content
UPCET MBA eligibility criteria differs from course to course. Also, 15% of the total seat intake will be available for NRI candidates in various institutes under the management quota. Earlier the exam was scheduled to take place on May 18, 2021, but now UPSEE MBA 2021 Exam date has been extended to June 15, 2021. Check UPSEE(UPCET) MBA 2021 Exam Dates
UPSEE MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria includes various parameters like age limit, nationality, qualifying exam, qualifying marks, etc. Candidates are also eligible to get direct admission to private Institutes under the management quota.
UPSEE(UPCET) MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to take admission in 1st year MBA Course in institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow should fulfill the below-mentioned UPCET MBA 2021 Eligibility criteria:-
- Candidates must have done a 3 years bachelor's degree from a recognized University/ equivalent/ A.I.U University.
- They should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) in the total aggregate.
- Candidates must have studied and cleared Mathematics subject in Class 12 or Graduation level.
- There is no age limit for the candidates.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
|University/Institute Name||Courses Offered||Minimum Passing Marks|
|C.S.J.M Kanpur University, Kanpur||MBA MBA- Finance & Control (M3) MBA-Business Economics (M2) MBA Tourism Management (M4)||As per rules and regulations of AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)|
|Dr. R.M.L. Avadh University, Faizabad||MBA||Graduate with minimum 50% marks|
|M.G. Kashi Vidyapith University, Varanasi||MBA||Graduate from a recognized University|
|V.B.S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur||MBA (M1) MBA Agri. Business (M17) MBA E-Commerce (M21) MBA Business Economics (M2) MBA Finance & Control (M3) MBA Human Research &Development (M22)||As per UPSEE MBA Eligibility Criteria|
|M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly||MBA (General) (M1) MBA (Marketing) (M20)||Graduate with minimum 50% marks|
|D.D.U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur||MBA||Graduate with a minimum of 40% marks|
|Institute of Business Studies, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut||MBA||Graduate from a recognized University and must have studied Mathematics at Graduation or 10+2 level.|
|Sir Chhotu Ram Institute of Engineering &Technology, Ch. Charan Singh Campus, Meerut||MBA (M1) MBA-IB (M5)||Graduate from a recognized University|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra||MBA||As per UPSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||MBA MBA (International Business)(M5) MBA (Finance Management)(M6) MBA (Tourism Management)(M4)||Graduate with a minimum of 40% marks|
|Uttar Pradesh Vikalang Uddhar Dr. Shakuntala Misra Vishwavidyalaya, Lucknow||MBA||Graduate from a recognized University|
|Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University, Lucknow.||MBA||Graduate with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks|
Category Definition for UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021
All UPSEE MBA 2021 test-takers will be divided into the following mentioned categories. Candidates will be given UPCET MBA 2021 Reservation on the basis of the category they belong to.
- Category 1: Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located in Uttar Pradesh and who do not claim for any reserved category will fall under General Category. Their code is UPGE. For such candidates, no category certificate is required.
- Category 2: All Schedule Caste (SC)/Schedule Tribe (ST) /Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates of U.P. who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located in the State of U.P and have domicile of U.P. can apply for admission against available reserved seats of their category. Codes for these categories are UPSC/UPST/UPBC respectively.
- Category 3: Candidates who have cleared the qualifying examination from an institution located outside U.P.; parents have domicile of origin in U.P. and who do not fall under any reserved category are eligible for admission under the General/OPEN category. Such candidates have to produce the domicile certificate of their parents (Father or Mother only) at the time of counselling. The code for this category is UPGD.
- Category 4: Candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located outside U.P.; parents have domicile of origin in U.P. and who belong to Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe / Other Backward Classes of Uttar Pradesh are eligible for admission against reserved seats of their category. Their respective codes are GDSC/GDST/GDBC. Such candidates have to produce the domicile certificate of their parents (Father or Mother only) at the time of UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Counselling.
UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates
15% of total seats will be available for NRI candidates in various institutes under the management quota. The seats will be filled as per the following preference order: -
A relative merit list cum rank list will be used to decide the preference.
The second preference will be given to UPCET MBA 2021 Qualifiers. A Candidate's relative merit list will be used as a deciding factor.
For admission to the first year of MBA in any institution affiliated with AKTU, the candidate should hold a minimum of 3 years Bachelor degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate without any grace marks (For SC/ST it is 45%).
UPSEE MBA 2021 Reservation of Seats
The university has defined two types of UPSEE MBA 2021 Reservation which are as follows:
|Schedule Caste of U.P.||21%|
|Schedule Tribe of U.P.||2%|
|Other Backward Classes of U.P.||27%|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters belonging to U.P.||2%||UPFF|
|Ward of Defence Personnel belong to U.P. either retired/killed/disabled in action or Defence Personnel posted in UP||5%||UPAF|
|Handicapped or disabled candidates belonging to U.P.||3%||UPHC|
|Female Candidates belonging to Uttar Pradesh||20%||UPGL|
UPSEE MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ques. Is there any age limit for applying for UPCET MBA 2021?
Ans. There is no age limit defined by the university.
Ques. I have 45% in my Bachelor's Degree, can I apply for UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021?
Ans. The minimum % that the candidate required for the general category is 50% thus you can’t apply for UPSEE MBA 2021.
Ques. How many seats are available for SC/ST in UPSEE MBA 2021?
Ans. It varies from year to year and will be decided soon by the university.
Ques. Will the UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 be conducted offline or online?
Ans. UPSEE MBA 2021 exam will be conducted online by the university.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.