Table of Contents
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Result (Out), Marksheet, Revaluation, and Compartment Exam
WBBSE Latest Updates
August 11, 2020: Candidates who have passed senior secondary exam from other board/institution can take admission is school affiliated to WBBSE.
August 1, 2020: Candidates who have passed madhyamik exam from WBBSE can apply for admission in the same by August 10, 2020.
WBBSE has announced the Class 10th result on July 15, 2020. Candidates are able to check their results on the official website of WBSE i.e. wbresults.nic.in. The result can be accessed by entering the 11-digit roll number. As per the State board, mark sheets of the Madhyamik Pariksha would be distributed to students from July 22 and July 24, 2020. The applications for PPS/PPR process i.e. scrutiny and revaluation of the answer sheet have been started. The last date to apply for revaluation is August 17, 2020. The results for scrutiny and revaluation will be declared by the first week of September, 2020.
Check here WBSE Class 10th Result 2020.
Over the years, the board has elevated the standard of examination and has modified the syllabi to keep up with socio- economic changes around the world. Considering the same, the students of Class X must:
- Study a minimum of 7 subjects from varied fields.
- Choose at least 2 language subjects.
- Go through rigorous assessments in high school.
- Score more than 33% in the board examinations.
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education was established in 1951 under the West Bengal Secondary Education Act of 1950. Initially, the board was managed by Calcutta University and state government. In 1964, it became an independent body under the chairmanship of Dr. J.C. Sengupta and was renamed as West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
WBBSE Madhyamik Result 2020
The Board result for Class X has been declared on July 15, 2020. The pass percentage last year was 86.07%
Steps to check Result Online
- Visit the website of WBBSE – wbbse.org or wbresults.nic.in
- Click on the relevant result link
- Result search page will be displayed
- Enter roll number and date of birth
- Click on the search button
- Result sheet will be displayed on the screen
- Result should be downloaded and printed for future reference
To Check Result via SMS
BSNL – B10<space>Roll No to 56505
Vodafone – WB10<space>Roll No to 56730
Airtel – WB10<space>Roll No to 52070
Other Users – WB10<space>Roll No to 56263 or 54242 or 58888 or 5676750
WBBSE Madhyamik Result Analysis 2020
WBBSE Madhyamik Result Trend 2020 shows 10,03,666 students appeared for the Class 10th exams, out of which 8,43,305 students have passed exam.
- Total Students Appeared- 10,03,666
- Total Students Passed- 8,43,305
- Pass Percentage- 86.34%
- Pass percentage of boys- 89.87%
- Pass percentage of girls- 86.34%
WBBSE Madhyamik Class 10th Toppers List
|1st||Arithra Pal from North Bardhaman||694/700|
|2nd||Sayantan Garai (Bakura)||693/700|
|2nd||Avik Das (North Bardhaman)||693/700|
|5th||Rashmita Sinha Mahapatra||688/700|
|5th||Bibha Basu Mondal||688/700|
- 12 students secured 6th Rank
- 17 students secured 7th Rank and 11 students secured 8th Rank
WBBSE Madhyamik Toppers 2019
Sougata Das topped the exam with an all time high of 99.14%. Second rank was shared by Shreyashi Paul and Debasmita Saha with 98.71%. Both, Kamilia Rai and Bratin Nadia, came third with 98.42%
|Rank||Name||Marks out of 700|
WBBSE Madhyamik Re-Evaluation 2020
Students not satisfied with the result and believe that there was some discrepancy in the evaluation can file for re-evaluation for a nominal fee. The steps to apply for revaluation are mentioned below:
- Visit the Official website wbbse.org
- Click the link for revaluation of madhyamik
- Enter roll number and date of birth
- Provide the required details
- Select the subjects that needs to be re-evaluated
- Pay the application fee as instructed
WBBSE Madhyamik Compartment Exam 2020
Students must score more than 34% in the board exam. Students who failed in any subject in the board exam can give the Compartment Exam which will be held in the month of July. The datesheet for the same is yet to be declared.
Compartment Exam Application Fee
|One Subject||INR 50|
|Two Subjects||INR 100|
|Three Subjects||INR 150|
|More than three subjects||INR 200|
|Late Fine||INR 10|
WBBSE Madhyamik Eligibility 2020
The Eligibility Criteria for WBBSE Class X exam are as follows:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees living in India for at least 50 years.
- The candidate must be of 15 or 16 years of age.
- The candidate must have studied under WBBSE in class IX and X.
|Board Name||West Bengal Board of Secondary Education|
|Board Type||State Board|
|Number of Schools Affiliated||10,238|
|Number of Candidates appeared in 2019||8 lakhs|
|Pass Percentage in 2019||86.07%|
Objectives: The objectives of the board are:
- To develop and propagate the aspect of secondary education in the state.
- To advise state government on scientific advancement of Secondary Education.
- To recognise high Schools in far flung areas and girls high school in order to extend the opportunity of secondary education to all aspiring students.
- To frame and manage syllabi in consonance evolution of socio economic milieu taking place across the world.
- To conduct the Secondary examinations annually.
- To ensure democratic , disciplined and transparent management of schools under the board.
WBBSE Madhyamik Datesheet 2020
All examinations will commence at 11:45 am and will end at 3 pm.
|February 18, 2020||First Language|
|February 19, 2020||Second Language|
|February 20, 2020||Geography|
|February 22, 2020||History|
|February 24, 2020||Mathematics|
|February 25, 2020||Physical Science|
|February 26, 2020||Life Science|
|February 27, 2020||Optional Elective Subjects|
First Language: Bengali, English, Gujrati, Hindi, Modern Tibetan, Nepali, Odia, Gurmukhi, Telugu, Urdu and Santoli.
- English, if any other language is offered as a first language.
- If English is the first language, then the student must choose from Bengali and Nepali.
WBBSE Application Fees
|External Candidates||INR 200|
|Unsuccessful Candidates||INR 200|
|Late Fine||INR 10|
WBBSE Exam Day Guidelines
- Students should report one hour before the examination commencement time.
- Guardians will not be allowed to enter the exam venue.
- Electronic devices and cheating materials are strictly prohibited inside the venue.
- Students must attempt easy questions first and try to attempt all questions.
- Cheating is prohibited and action will be taken against student caught in the act.
- Students must go through the question paper in the first 15 minutes.
WBBSE Madhyamik Syllabus
|Repaying — Harper Lee||Reapers — Mathilde Blind||Hints to Travellers — Stephen Leacock|
|Far in a Western Brookland — Alfred Edward Housman||Regret — Kate Chopin||To Fight Aloud is Very Brave — Emily Dickinson|
|Books on the Shelf — Graham Greene||Childhood — Edwin Muir||Drought — S. Raja Ratnam|
|I left my low and humble home — Nathaniel Hawthorne||To Err is Human — Lewis Thomas||Imagine — John Lennon|
|Rapid Reader – The Hound of the Baskervilles – Arthur Conan Doyle|
|Quadratic equations in one variable||Construction : Construction of circumcircle and incircle of a triangle.||Trigonometry : concept of measurement of angle|
|Simple Interest||Sphere||Construction : Determination of mean proportional|
|Theorems related to circle||Variation||Pythagoras theorem|
|Rectangular Parallelepiped or Cuboid||Partnership Business||Trigonometric Ratios and Trigonometric Identities|
|Ratio and proportion||Theorems related to Tangent to a circle||Trigonometric Ratios of complementary angle|
|Theorems related to angles in a circle||Right circular cone||Application of Trigonometric Ratios : Heights and Distances|
|Right Circular Cylinder||Construction : Construction of tangent to a circle||Statistics : Mean, Median, Ogive, Mode|
|Theorems related to cyclic quadrilateral||Problems related to different solid objects|
|Physical Science and Environment Life Science and Environment|
|Control and Coordination in living organisms||Heredity and some common genetic diseases||Environment, its resources and their conservation|
|Continuity of life||Evolution and adaptation|
|History and Environment|
|Ideas of History||Reform: Characteristics and Observations||Resistance and Rebellion: Characteristics and Analyses|
|Early stages of Collective Action: Characteristics and Analyses||Alternative Ideas and Initiatives (From mid-19th Century to the Early 20th Century) : Characteristics and Observations||Peasant, Working Class and Left Movements in 20th Century India: Characteristics and Observations|
|Movements organized by Women, Students and Marginal People in 20th Century India: Characteristics and Analyses||Post-Colonial India: Second half of the 20th Century (1947-1964)|
|Geography and Environment|
|Exogenetic processes and resultant landforms||Atmosphere||Hydrosphere|
|Waste management||India||Satellite imagery and Topographical map|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College