Beuth University of Applied Sciences: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin or Beuth Hoch Schule für Technik, Berlin is one of the largest institutes for applied sciences to Study in Germany. Established in 1823, this institute enjoys the pride of being one of the oldest institutes in the nation. Despite being a German university, it offers courses in both German and English. Online courses are available so that even the students unable to attend the lectures physically are not deprived of the education.
It has a student population of 12,667 students and faculty strength of more than 700 educators. With over 15,000 alumni over the globe, the fame of this University is on the rise with each passing day. Beuth University of Applied Sciences offers admissions across its seven departments through which it offers teaching. Furthermore, it has 19 well-facilitated research laboratories for practical and experimental learning. Students can also be a part of any of the 100 student-run associations in the field of culture, sports, relief work, science, and arts.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Admission Updates
- Beuth University has advised international students not to enter the country right now.
- The lectures will be held virtually, and the students will be informed well before a lecture and oral online exams will be conducted.
- The submission deadlines for the current students are extended until the classes resume.
- The degree certificates can be received by mail from the course administration. However, one must note that the process may take time due to the crisis.
According to Webometrics, this renowned university ranks:
- 2727th in the world.
- 917th in the continent.
- 93rd in the country.
|Type of institute||Public, non-profit|
|Year of establishment||1823|
|Mode of application||Online through UNI-ASSIST|
|Mode of education||Online as well as offline|
|Language of study||German and English|
|Total number of students enrolled||12,667 (in 2019-20)|
|Semesters||Summer and winter|
Campus, Programs, and Accommodation
- The campus of the Beuth University of Applied Sciences is well equipped with all the necessary facilities.
- The essential facilities available on campus are International office, Gender and technology center, advanced Library, University computing center, University sports center, and Laboratories.
- The University also has a competence center, namely ‘City of the Future’ which three competency clusters:
- Life in the 'City of the Future' – It considers issues related to education, health, society, and economics. It focuses on life sciences.
- Infrastructures for the City of the Future – It concentrates on spatial, logistic, and communication requirements for the enhancement of living conditions.
- Urban Technologies for City of the Future – It focuses on issues like building construction, energy generation, environment protection, and transportation systems.
- It has a vibrant campus life with over 100 student clubs and associations where one can explore their talents in fields like sports, arts, culture, etc.
- The university does not offer on-campus housing facilities. Though, it has contacts with housing providers who help the students.
- Studierendenwerk, Berlin runs student dormitories for the accommodation of the students. Most of the students prefer these dormitories to private rooms.
- A student may also rent a private room having a personal bathroom and kitchen facilities’; however, it costs more.
- Family rooms and child changing rooms are available at the houses for family and couples.
- The University offers a plethora of courses for international students including nearly 80 different programs and the medium of instruction is German and English.
- The institute offers bachelors and masters degrees in the field of science, arts, and engineering.
- Engineering is offered in 13 specializations and courses are full of training and practical knowledge.
- Some online and distance learning courses are also available at bachelors and masters levels such as Mechatronics, Geoinformation, Electromobility, Screen-based media, Biotechnology, etc.
Beuth University of Applied Sciences Admissions
How to apply?
Application portal: The applications must be sent online to the UNI-ASSIST portal.
Note: The students also have to mandatorily apply at:
Application fee: 75 EUR for the first desired course. The students will have to pay 30 EUR for each additional desired course.
Admission deadlines: Two months before the beginning of the program.
Biasc Admission Requirements:
- Signed online application in PDF format.
- Officially accredited copies of graduation certificate (official) including official English or German translation.
- Birth certificate.
- A copy of A-level or high school diploma.
- Proof of fee payment
- Copy of passport or German Student Visa.
- Scores of Tests for Studying in Germany.
- Proof of health insurance
- German residence permit
German Proficiency Test Scores:
To prove your proficiency in the German language, you must give any of the following tests.
- TestDaF: 16 points minimum.
- DSH -2 examinations.
*Subjects like Data Science and M.Sc. program, there are additional requirements.
Beuth University of Applied Sciences Cost of attendance
This section covers all the economic aspects covering the cost of living in Germany, one will encounter during his or her academic terms at this University. The statistical data given below is determined according to the 2018-19 analysis:
|Entity||Fees per semester in EUR|
|Enrollment and registration||50.00|
|Contribution to the student body||9.50|
|The Semester ticket fee (tariff area ABC)||193.80|
Beuth University of Applied Sciences does not charge any tuition fee for bachelors and consecutive master's programs.
|Entity||Expenses (estimated) in EUR|
|Accommodation||Student dormitories - 250 to 350|
|Private room – around 400|
|Food||200 to 300|
|Books and Study Material||50|
|Online course supplies||75|
|Phone or Postage||20 to 30|
|Other||50 to 150|
|Approximate monthly expenses||570 to 930|
|Public transportation||185 per semester|
- The institute offers several scholarships and grants for domestic as well as international students.
- Some of the Scholarships in Germany for International Students are as follows:
- PROMOS scholarship: All the students at the University can apply for this scholarship. The application must be submitted before November 15 (summer semester) and May 15 (winter semester) The scholarship has its selection process.
- Promotion BafoeG: To be eligible for this financial aid, you should not hold a degree higher than a bachelor's degree. But, there is no age limit to apply for this grant. This grant is available for full-time as well as part-time courses. The amount one gets is €15,000. 40% of the funding is given as a grant.
- Other training grants, government grants, and student loans up to €12,000 are available.
- The alumni are the strength of the University. More than 15000 alumni are connected with their alma mater, Beuth University of Applied Sciences through the alumni program.
- The alumni share their knowledge and experience with the University for its Benefit, growth, and development.
- They are allowed, actually invited to deliver extra lectures at the institute.
- In an ocean of alumni, some of the most noteworthy are:
- Werner Laux – A famous painter and university teacher.
- Özcan Mutlu – A Turkish – German Politician.
- Stefan Liebich – A German Politician
The institute helps the students in every possible way to get a placement. The links that may help for career commencement, business startups, stays abroad, etc. are available on Official Websites. During an interview, there are pretty good chances that we get confused due to the pressure. To help us out of this situation, the institute provides a page specially created for tips and tricks for such situations.
The University also offers a project with a company for every course. This project helps the students in getting a good job. Several companies and research universities have offers for the students here. Some of the companies include MSA, ecoworks GmbH, Hereth Architects, and Gesoplan GmbH.
FIND A PROGRAM
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary