RWTH International Academy: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1870, as a public institution, RWTH Aachen University is the main body of RWTH International Academy. As of winter semester 2019-20, the institute had a student population of 45,628 students, out of which more than 11,000 students were from 137 foreign countries. The university is a hub of education for those who wish to study in Germany with over 157 courses.
RWTH Aachen University International Academy offers admission to master’s programs, focusing on fields like engineering, management, health and medicine, and technology. The university sees international student applicants from all over the globe and does offer programs suitable for the same.
It also offers M.Sc. degree programs in progressive engineering fields. Moreover, the college has more than 500 professors sharing their intelligence with the students. RWTH International Academy offers participants the opportunity to profit from the university’s expertise in a practical manner. The cost of living when enrolled at the institute is around 10,236 EUR in Germany.
- In 2020, the university is at the 138th position in World University Rankings given by QS.
- Also, THE has placed the institute at 99th rank in World University Ranking 2020.
- According to U.S. News, the institute is in the 179th position in the list of Best Global Universities.
- Back in 2017, RWTH Aachen International Academy was ranked 44th in the world for Graduate Employability by QS World University Rankings.
- 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings saw RWTH International academy at 24th position in engineering and technology.
|Campus location||Aachen, Germany|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Budget||998.5 Million EUR|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, grants, on-campus employment.|
Campus, and Accommodation
- RWTH International Academy campus is based in Aachen, Germany.
- The university is prolific and offers its students numerous activities, student bodies, extracurricular activities to become a part of.
- A few activities offered at RWTH International include, excursions, events, social events, and field trips.
- The university also hosts job searching seminars, soccer tournaments, casual get-togethers, holiday celebrations, hikes, barbecues, city tours, etc.
- RWTH also has several sports student clubs promoting various sports and encouraging students to participate.
- One of the most westernized metropolises in Germany, the city of Aachen is located directly on the border triangle with Netherlands and Belgium, in the heart of Europe.
- The city has scenic adventures, culture and sports, history, and several events to offer for its residents.
- As a part of the on-campus residence, RWTH International Academy offers its students, new flat-shares with fully furnished rooms at Oppenhoffallee.
- A variety of travel and accommodation options in Germany are available for the students. Students can also take accommodation at one of the 24 residence halls located around Aachen.
- These residences include single rooms, apartments, and shared apartments.
- The flat-sharing system available at Oppenhoffallee includes the following features.
- 15 shared flats with rooms sized between 12 m² and 15.5 m².
- Furnishing (neutral colors) with bed (without mattress), desk and chair, rack, wardrobe, lighting.
- Two shower rooms including WC.
- Kitchen/living room including a high-quality, ceramic hob with four cooking zones, oven, microwave, partly 2 refrigerators, sink and dishwasher, lighting, and storage spaces, sitting area.
- Premium cable connection with the Internet and digital TV for the students.
- RWTH International Academy offers range of courses for international students in the following diverse fields,
- Technology and production
- Medicine and Health
- The master’s programs at RWTH International academy include M.Sc. degree programs in Engineering, M.Sc. degree programs in Management and Engineering, M.Sc. degree programs in Medicine and Health, Master’s program in Humanity.
- M.Sc. degree programs in Engineering and M.Sc. degree programs in Management and Engineering have study areas including Robotic systems engineering, Textile engineering, Production system engineering, etc.
- The undergraduate courses are offered only in the German language. Few Master’s courses are in English language.
RWTH Aachen University International Academy: Application Process
How to apply?
Application portal: The students have to apply online on the university’s Online application portal.
Application fee: N/A
Application deadline: July 15- Domestic/ March 1- International
Basic Admission requirements:
- Official university/college transcripts
- Work experience
- Resume or CV
- Letter of Intent
- Letters of recommendation.
- University degree certificate
- Scores of Tests for studying in Germany. (IELTS, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT)
German Language Proficiency scores
International students would be additionally required to submit German proficiency proof and meet the minimum listed requirements. All programs have individual requirements that students would have to meet. Here are the scores of some accepted tests for reference. The students must ensure that they check the minimum scores of the course while applying. Anything less than mentioned will not be accepted.
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) (IBT) with a result of at least 90 points
- IELTS test with a score of at least 5.5
- Cambridge Test Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- First Certificate in English (FCE) with a grade of at least B
- A certificate of English language skills at level B2 of the "Common European Framework of Reference of Language (GeR)"1
- Placement test of the RWTH Language Center with the level B2 (MK 7)
RWTH Aachen University International Academy: Cost Of Attendance
RWTH Aachen University has varied tuition costs for different courses, mainly ranging between 4,500-5,500 EUR.
The table below mentions all the other costs of living in Germany while attending university. The cost is presented on a monthly basis.
|Accommodation and associated costs||470 EUR|
|Food and general expenses||400 EUR|
|Health insurance||95 EUR|
|University fee (student body and social contribution)||50 EUR|
|Books and material||80 EUR (may vary as per course)|
- Several scholarships in Germany for international students are available at RWTH international academy. The students also have the option to work on campus.
- Students can either apply through scholarship databases or check with individual program faculty and apply through the same.
- A few scholarship databases include an RWTH Database . Mentioned below are some scholarship details:
- Study Scholarships- Master studies for all academic disciplines: This is awarded to all the students enrolled in a full time graduate program. The award amount is 850 EUR per month.
- Henry Ford Scholarship: The female students of Mechanical Engineering faculty are eligible for this award. A monthly stipend of 300 EUR will be given for at least one year. The scholarship is renewable.
- AICES scholarship: This is available to ICSE students at doctoral levels. All the eligible students are given a 2000 EUR stipend.
- Students graduating from RWTH Aachen international Academy have the opportunity of becoming a part of their alumni network and are eligible for all the perks and events the community has to offer.
- A few perks include:
- Global connections
- Connect with the alma mater
- In touch with fellow alumni
- Supporting current students as a mentor
- Expanding professional networking and more.
About 90% of RWTH International Academy alumni land a job within 6 months of graduating. 21% of the alumni are also seen receiving a job proposal before they submit their master’s thesis. As a part of career services, RWTH International Academy offers career consultation, career platform, networking events, and career training.
Career platforms include job fairs conducted by the university to bring the employers directly to their students. The institute is at 63rd position in Graduate Employability Ranking given by QS 2020.
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary