Anna University Online Final Year Exam Starts September 22, under COVID-19 Guidelines
22 September 2020: Anna University Final Year Examinations 2020 for UG and PG programs begin today, 22 September, onwards. The Examination will be conducted via online means through laptops, smartphones, desktops, or tablets.
Issued guidelines are provided to the students who will be appearing for Anna University final year examination. As per the guidelines, the student should log-in to their respective examination portal at least 10 minutes before the examination.
Earlier on September 2, Anna University asked around 500 engineering colleges to start preparing for offline examinations. The university was planning to hold examinations in the third week of September.
However, such plans were ditched and the university ultimately chose to conduct online exams starting today.
Anna University: Online Final Year Exam 2020 Highlights
Name of the University
Final Year Examination For
PG and UG programs
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Duration of Examination
2 Hours (60 minutes)
Number of Questions
The exam question paper will be auto-submitted after completing the total duration of the exam. The students need to have a good internet connection to give the examination.
Anna University’s final year examination carries a total of 30% weightage for the overall result for theory courses. The remaining 50% weightage will be provided by CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average).
Students facing technical issues during the exam are permitted to take 15 minutes after the scheduled exam session. Remaining 20% marks are to be obtained with Internal Assessments conducted during the final semester.
Anna University: Guidelines for Final Year Exams 2020
The varsity issued the guidelines to conduct the examinations. Key points of the guidelines for conduction of the examination are as followed
- Students must Log-in to the examination portal provided by the university at least 10 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- The fixed exam duration is 60 minutes. Students who'll be facing any technical issues during the examination period can take up to 15 minutes extra to finish up their exam.
- The final year question paper for UG and PG examination will have 15 questions in part A and 25 questions in Part B.
- The Examination medium will be English for English medium students and Tamil for Tamil medium students.
- Students will have a toggle option to switch over to any of the languages (if required).
- The information for the conduction of the exam such as username and password will be provided to the students via students SEMS/ARMS login -ACoE portal.
- The system (in which students will give their exam) will use detection sensors for face emotions, eye moments, and other activities through the exam duration.
- If students are suspected to take photographs or record videos during the examination, the system will automatically record their exam and use it as malpractice evidence.
- The question paper will be auto-submitted after completing the duration of the exam.