CAT 2020: Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 is scheduled for November 29 amid COVID-19 pandemic across 400 test centres in 156 test cities. The examination would be conducted across the country at various locations in three sessions- forenoon, afternoon, and evening.
As per the guidelines issued by the authorities of CAT 2020, every exam venue will follow safety protocol framed by the Government of India. This includes frequent sanitisation of exam centres, use of hand sanitisers, maintaining physical distance and wearing face masks.
Ahead of November 29 exams, the convening institute of CAT 2020, IIM Indore, has released a set of important guidelines to be followed on the exam day. Check details below.
CAT 2020: Guidelines to be Followed on Exam Day
- Candidates need to maintain physical distance from the entry till the exit from the test centre.
- Candidates have to wear face masks, carry hand sanitizer and a transparent water bottle.
- Candidates have to sign self-declaration forms and produce them at the entry point.
- Candidates will be thermally screened and those having symptoms of cough, cold and fever will be allowed to sit in isolation with specific safety measures.
- 'Candidate Application Number and allotted ‘Lab Number' will not be displayed outside the exam centre but at the time of entry.
- At the registration desk, candidates’ photographs will be taken and will be asked to sanitise their hands.
- Entry will be granted based on allotted time slots, hence students have t present at the test centre at heir allotted test time.
CAT 2020: General Guidelines for Candidates
- All the pages of CAT 2020 Admit Card have to be printed using Laser printer.
- Admit Card will be considered valid only if the photograph and signature images affixed are legible. The photograph should be similar to the one used during registration.
- As mentioned in ‘Test Day Details’ section, CAT 2020 admit card is only valid for test day for verification.
- Candidates need to carry one of the following ID proofs issued by govt:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Identification Affidavit apart from Admit card
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- PAN Card
- Candidates can use the Google Map link provided in e-Admit Card for locating exam centres.
- Candidates have to reach test centres before the reporting time. No candidate will be allowed henry after closing time.
- Candidates will be furnished with writing pads for rough work on which their names and registration number have to be written and returned to the invigilator before leaving exam hall.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave exam centres before the time is over.
- Candidates cannot carry electronic gadgets, mobile phones, stationeries apart from ball pens (2), wallets, goggles and papers to test centres.
- There will be no provision for safekeeping personal belongings and authorities are not answerable for loss of any item.
- Candidates are advised not to wear jewellery or metal items, shoes with thick sole and garments with large buttons.
- Candidates attempting CAT 2020 more than once will be disqualified.
*Candidates will be under CCTV surveillance all the time at their test centres.