CBSE has released JEE Main 2018 Mock Test for Computer Based Examination at jeemain.nic.in. The exam is scheduled for April 08 (offline mode) and April 15 & 16, 2018 (online mode). Attempting the JEE Main 2018 mock test, candidates will be able to check JEE Main Exam Pattern in detail.
- Solving JEE Main sample papers or taking the mock test will help them to improve their time management skills.
- They will be able to get a clearer picture on the type of questions that may come during the examination.
- After covering JEE Main syllabus, candidates must take the mock test to analyse their level of preparation and accordingly work on their strengths and weaknesses.
JEE Main Mock Test 2018
- The candidates will be given 180 minutes to attempt all of the questions.
- The clock will be set. The countdown timer at the top right corner of the screen will display the remaining time for the exam to be completed.
- After the given time is over, the examination will come to an end by itself. The candidates will not be required to end or submit their exam.
- “Marked for Review” is a reminder for the candidates to check the question again.
- If a question is answered and “Marked for Review” during the real examination, then the answer will be considered final.
How to Take JEE Main Mock Test 2018?
Aspirants will be able to use the JEE Main 2018 mock test by simply following the given steps below:
- The link to access JEE Main Mock Test 2018 will be available here as soon as it is released.
- The candidates will have to sign in using their JEE Main 2018 roll number and password.
- You can select the language in which they want to take the mock test – English and Hindi.
- The question palette will be available at the right side of the screen which also shows the status of each of the numbered questions. Different colours will show the answer status for each question.
Answer Status for Questions in JEE Main 2018 Mock Test
|Button Colour||Status of the Button Pressed|
|Gray||You have not visited the question yet|
|Red||You have not answered the question|
|Green||You have answered the question|
|Purple||You have NOT answered the question, but have marked it for review|
|Purple with a green tick||You have answered the question but marked it for review.|
JEE Main 2018 Preparation Tips
Preparation for JEE Main should focus on covering individual subjects separately since topics and types of questions simultaneously. Candidates can check below some suggested tips for scoring a good score in JEE Main 2018.
- Time Management – Managing time to prepare for JEE Main 2018 along with approaching class 12th board exams and you daily chores would play a crucial role in your performance in the entrance exam.
- Be Confident – Don’t get bogged down by difficult topics or topics you don’t understand. Focus on understanding and solving the problems rather than worry about not performing well.
- Revision – Candidates have to focus on revising all the topics thoroughly and also create separate plan for last minute preparation.
- Mock Tests and Sample papers – Utilize the mock tests and sample papers to check out the trends in previous question papers and gain first-hand experience in solving questions.
- Smart Preparation Plan – Make cheat sheets and flash cards to revise formulae. Practice solving complex equations and learn shortcuts for lengthy calculations.