NEET UG Result 2020 Expected to be Released on October 12; Read How to Check

Samrat Roy Samrat Roy
Exam Prep Master

According to a recent update by NTA, NEET UG Result 2020 is scheduled to be declared on October 12, 2020. Read the article to know how to check NEET Result 2020.

NEET 2020 was successfully conducted on 13 September 2020 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Organized at the national level, NEET is a gateway to medical and dental courses in private and government colleges across the country.

By looking at the results of the NEET, candidates will know if they have qualified in the exam.

Also Read: IIT Kanpur Reopens Hostels for PhD Students, Need to Follow 14 Day Quarantine Rule; Read Full Story

NEET UG Result 2020 – Important Dates

Events

Dates

NEET UG 2020 Exam Date

September 13, 2020

NEET-UG 2020 Result Announcement

October 12, 2020 (Tentative)

Check your rank using NEET UG 2020 Rank Predictor

How to Check NEET UG Results 2020

  • Visit the official NTA website to view the NEET 2020 scores, i.e. nta.nic.in.
  • Click on the link to access 'NEET UG 2020 Result.'
  • After clicking on the link, enter the required credential, such as the Roll Number and Birth Date.
  • Click 'Submit' and NEET Results 2020 will appear on your screen.
  • Check all the details mentioned in the NEET 2020 scorecard and print out the same for further use.

How to Calculate NEET UG 2020 Score

Applicants who have appeared for NEET-UG must be fully aware of the process of calculating the NEET-UG score.

Here are a few important points which might help the applicants for NEET to calculate their score:

  1. The candidate's percentile can be calculated using this simple formula = (number of candidates/total number of candidates) x 100.
  2. Each candidate shall have his or her absolute marks scored at the entrance.
  3. It should be noted that the candidates are ranked according to the marks scored by them at the entrance.

Also Read: CBSE Compartment Exam 2020: First Day Conducted Successfully, Maths Paper Created Stress Among 12th Graders

NEET UG Tie-Breaking Criteria 2020

NEET-UG tie-breaking criteria can be considered as an important aspect of the determination of the results of the NEET-UG.

In most cases, it has been found that two candidates score the same percentile in the NEET entrance examination.

In that case, a situation arises where the examining authority has to proceed with a tie-breaker. NEET UG 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria as follows:

Tie-Breaker 1: Applicants for higher scores in biology (Botany & Zoology) will be ranked higher in the test.

Tie Breaker 2: Applicants who obtain higher marks in Chemistry in the test are given the upper hand if the tie does not resolve after applying Tie-Breaker 1

Tie Breaker 3: Applicants who have attempted fewer wrong answers in NEET-UG shall be given preference in order of merit.

Tie Breaker 4: Applicants older than age will be given preference if the tie persists after applying the above rules.

Also Read: MSBTE Final Year Summer 2020 Exam Time Table Released; Direct Link to Download Time table here

NEET Merit List 2020

Following the declaration of results, the NEET 2020 merit list will be drawn up by the examination authority on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates for the NEET-UG exam.

NEET-UG merit list will have all the candidates in the Indian rankings.

Apart from the merit list released for All India Quota counselling, a separate merit list for NEET-UG will be released.

The merit list of the NEET 2020 will consist of the names and ranks of the candidates who have successfully completed the entrance exam.

Candidates must note that NTA will release two different merit lists of NEET 2020.

One merit list will be 15 per cent All India Quota (AIQ) seats and the other will be 85% State quota seats.

How NEET UG 2020 Rank is Prepared?

Candidates appearing for the NEET-UG examination are often confused as to how the NEET rank is determined on the basis of the NEET score.

The NEET rank shall be determined on the basis of the marks entered in the entrance examination.

Apart from that, there are certainly other factors that determine the rank of the NEET. The factors are as follows:

  • The level of difficulty of the examination
  • Total number of candidates appearing at the examination
  • Exam Preparation of Students

Candidates should know that they must score 670-690 marks at the entrance to make it the top 100 NEET-UG ranks.

Also Read: IIT Guwahati: 291 Research Projects on Various Topics Going On, Boasts Director T G Sitharam on 22nd Convocation