NEET Merit List 2020, State-wise and All India Quota Merit List
NEET 2020 merit list is prepared by NTA based on the marks obtained by candidates in the exam. After that, NEET Merit List 2020 will be hand over the same to Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) to conduct the centralised counselling process for All India Quota (AIQ). The merit list is also forwarded to the state medical councils for conducting NEET counselling.
- NEET Result 2020 is out for both Phase 1 & 2 exams held on Sep 13 & Oct 14. The merit list is expected to release anytime soon. Check NEET Result 2020
- The list will carry the names of the candidates having a score more than the minimum qualifying percentile.
- Two types of ranks namely All India Rank (AIR) and All India Quota (AIQ) rank is mentioned in the merit list. Therefore two merit lists are prepared i.e. All India merit list and 15% AIQ merit list.
Table of Content
Students will be able to access the merit list of NEET 2020 by visiting the official website. Seats will be allotted as per the reservation policy stipulated for the medical exam. Read the article to know more about NEET 2020 merit list, ranks v/s marks, tie-breaking merit list and much more. Check NEET Counselling 2020
NEET 2020 Merit List
NEET 2020 Merit List Important Dates
|NEET 2020 Result||October 16, 2020 (Out)|
|NEET 2020 Merit List||Soon after the declaration of Result|
|NEET 2020 Counselling||October 2020|
NEET Merit List 2020
- All India Merit List: AIR will include the rank numbers and names of all candidates who appear for NEET 2020. It will not take into accord the candidate’s category or their stance towards the AIQ reservation.
- All India Quota Merit List: AIQ Merit list will showcase the test takers who get selected for the AIQ 50% reservation. Applicants from the state of Jammu and Kashmir will not be included since they have abstained from the centralized counselling process.
- If any applicants wish to independently claim eligibility, they must submit an online self-declaration which will be printed along with the confirmation page and must be submitted during counselling.
- State Merit List: State medical councils will prepare their own merit lists for counselling on the basis of a multitude of factors such as the applicant’s eligibility on the basis of their domicile requirement. It will depict the state rank of candidates on a comparative scale with applicants from the same state.
- Example: All India NEET merit list will be prepared after arranging candidates’ All India Ranks (AIR), while AIQ merit list will be prepared after gathering AIQ ranks of qualified candidates and so on.
Given in the table below are the types of NEET 2020 merit list and the types of NEET ranks associated with each.
|NEET Merit List ||Rank Provided|
|All India Merit List||All India Rank (AIR)|
|AIQ Merit List||All India Quota (AIQ) Rank|
|States’ Merit Lists||State Rank|
Must Read NEET 2020 Rank List, Topper List, and Marks vs Rank Analysis
NEET 2020 Cutoff Percentile
|Category||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Score||Number of Candidates|
|Unreserved/ EWS||50th ||720 – 147||682406|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40th ||146 – 113||88674|
|Unreserved / EWS – PH||45th ||146 – 129||99|
|OBC/ SC/ ST – PH||40th ||128 – 113||321|
NTA reserves the right to reduce the qualifying percentile, in case enough number of candidates will not be able to qualify the exam. Check NEET Seat Intake
NEET Ranks vs Marks
NEET Rank vs Marks 2020
NEET Rank is the main factor while preparing the merit list. The marks secured by candidates out of 720 determine their actual ranks in final merit list of NEET. The expected range of ranks and marks is provided in the following table-
|Ranks Range||Marks Range||Ranks Range||Marks Range|
Eligibility for NEET Merit List 2020
- Age: The candidate should be 17 years of age by December 31, 2020. There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020 as per an interim order of the supreme court. However, the candidature of aspirants more than 25 years of age is subject to the final orders of the Supreme Court.
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as their subjects in Class XII.
- General Category- 50% marks in qualifying exam and NEET.
- OBC/SC/ST Category- 40% marks in qualifying exam and NEET.
- General- Physically Handicapped Category- 45% marks in qualifying exam and NEET.
- Candidates appearing for Class XII exam may also give NEET and will be admitted on a provisional basis.
- Candidates of distance learning or private students and those who have biology as an additional subject are also eligible for the exam.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts for NEET 2020. Candidates can appear for the exam as many times as they want.
Tie Breaker Rules
For two or more candidates securing the same marks in the entrance exam, the inter-se merit will be decided on the following basis, in order of preference.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry.
- Candidates with lesser number of wrong answers in all the subjects.
- Candidates older in age.
Check NEET Reservation Policy
Overall NEET Merit List (AIR)
AIR will include the rank numbers and names of all candidates who appear for NEET 2020. It will not take into accord the candidate’s category or their stance towards the AIQ reservation.
- All India NEET Merit List 2020 will consist of the name of all the candidates who have appeared for NEET 2020.
- With the help of this merit list, candidates can check the overall positions of all the candidates who have appeared for NEET 2020.
- In this merit list the factors like qualifying status and the state from which a candidate belongs will not be considered while making this merit list.
Merit List for 15% All India Quota Seats
NTA will prepare the merit list for 15 percent All India Quota (AIQ) admissions. Candidates who qualify NEET 2020 by scoring equal to or more marks equivalent to the cutoff of NEET 2020 will be eligible for All India Quota admissions.
- The merit list will have as many names as the number of seats under All India Quota.
- For such candidates, counselling will be done on the basis of their All India Quota Rank.
- There will also be a waiting list equal to 4 times of the merit list or so if required by the DGHS (Director General of Health Services).
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will now participate in 15% All India Quota Counselling and do not need to submit a self-declaration form anymore.
- Candidates from J&K still need to produce the self-declaration form for participating in All India Quota Counselling.
Merit List for 85% State Quota
For the 85% of state quota seats, separate counselling will be conducted. The eligibility criteria for domicile and schooling could vary from college to college but it is mandatory for aspirants to complete Class 12. Along with that, passing NEET with the minimum cutoff percentile is considered for admission under 85% state quota seats.
- All the candidates who are interested participate in state-level counselling need to fill the application form on or before the last date. Based on that, provisional NEET state-wise merit list 2020 will be prepared.
- Candidates who name appear in the merit list need to report for document verification which is generally conducted in offline mode but from this year there are chances of that documents could be verified online.
- Most states across India releases a separate NEET state rank list for each round of counselling.
- Deemed Universities will conduct their own counselling procedure. Know more
- Candidates who wish to take admission in AFMC must apply separately on their website since they will hold a second screening process.
NEET 2020 Counselling
NEET Counselling 2020
Selected candidates will be issued a call letter, having the information related to counselling of NEET, schedule, procedure, fee, etc. There are various authorities who will hold NEET Counselling. A brief about the same is given below:
Counselling by MCC
MCC will conduct the counselling at the national and state level. Additionally, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), will conduct the NEET 2020 counselling for the following categories:
- 15 percent All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across all states (except Jammu and Kashmir)
- Seats reserved for Wards of Insured Persons (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges
- 100 percent seats in Deemed and Central universities
- Seats at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
Note: MCC will declare the number of available seats before each round of NEET counselling. There will be two rounds of counselling for state government colleges and three rounds of counselling for deemed and central universities.
Documents required for NEET counselling
Candidates will need to bring following documents at the time of reporting to the college after AIQ counselling of NEET.
- NEET admit card
- NEET rank letter or AIQ rank letter
- Class 10 and 12 certificates and mark sheet
- ID proof with eight passport size photographs
- Provisional allotment letter generated online after allotment.
- Community certificate (if applicable).
Counselling by State Authorities
- Counselling for the remaining 85 percent state quota seats (100 percent in case of J&K) in government medical and dental colleges and seats in other private and self-financing institutions in all states will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities.
- NEET 2020 counselling for AIQ and deemed/central universities will tentatively begin by the second week of June and will go on until the last week of August.
- Counselling for state quota seats will be conducted by the different state counselling authorities during this same period.
Check detailed NEET Counselling Procedure
Frequently Asked Questions
NEET Merit List FAQs
Ques. What is the NEET Merit List?
Ans. It is a rank list prepared for counselling and admission into medical and dental colleges.
Ques. How will the Merit lists be prepared?
Ans. Merit List will be prepared on the basis of NEET Rank provided by NTA. Candidates will find it on their Score Card.
Ques. Who will draw the merit list for All India quota seats?
Ans. NTA will prepare the merit list for All India quota seats on the basis of students’ ranks.
Ques. Will there be a waiting list for All India Quota?
Ans. Yes, there will be a waiting list for AIQ. The waiting list for All India Quota seats will be equal to 4 times the merit list.
Ques. Who will draw the merit list for State quota seats?
Ans. Respective state counselling authorities will draw a separate state merit list based on the candidates’ All India Rank.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College