NEET 2021 Result will be released one month after the conclusion of the exam. NEET result will be released in the scorecard format and will not be sent via posts. Candidates can check and download NEET Result from the NTA website – ntaneet.nic.in. Along with the declaration or result, final NEET Answer keys will be released.
- Last year due to COVID-19 the exam was conducted in 2 sessions but the combined NEET Result was declared at the official website. A total of 15.97 lakh had registered for the 2020 examination, out of which 13,66,945 had appeared and 7,71,500 had qualified NEET.
- Subject-wise percentile, total marks, NEET AIR Rank of a candidate, qualifying cut-off marks, etc will be mentioned in NEET Result/ Scorecard. The qualifying cut-off marks will vary from category to category. Check NEET Cut Off
Candidates qualifying the examination can get a seat in approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India. Read the article to know more about how to check NEET result, how NEET score is calculated, and much more.
NEET 2021 Result Highlights
|NEET 2021 exam date||May 2021 (Tentative)|
|NEET Result 2021 date||June 2021 (Tentative)|
|Official website to download results||ntaneet.nic.in|
|Number of registered aspirants (in 2020)||15.97 lakh aspirants|
|NEET Cutoff percentile||UR - 50, SC/ST/OBC - 40, UR PWD - 45|
|Validity of NTA NEET result||For academic session|
|Admission through NEET 2021 Result|| |
15% AIQ seats, 85% State Quota seats
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, B.V.Sc, etc courses|
|Details printed on the scorecard||Name, Subject-wise and total marks, Percentile scores, AIR for 15% AIQ seats, Cut off scores|
- NEET Rank List, Topper List, and Marks vs Rank Analysis
- NEET Cut off for Maulana Azad Medical College, MAMC Delhi
- NEET Cut Off for Grant Medical College, Mumbai
How to Check NTA NEET Result 2021?
The steps to check NTA NEET 2021 Result are given below:
- Visit the official website of NEET – ntaneet.nic.in
- Under the Online Services, click on NEET Result
- A new tab will get open. Enter the required credentials to get NEET Results
- Enter your NEET credentials – Roll No., Date of Birth, and Security PIN, and then submit it after verifying the entered details.
- NEET Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of NTA NEET Result / Score Card
Details Mentioned in NEET Score Card
|Roll Number||Application Number|
|Applicant’s Date of Birth||Applicant’s Gender|
|Applicant’s Parents Name||Sectional-wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Percentile Score||Rank – All India Rank, All India Quota seat rank and State Quota rank|
|Qualifying Status||NEET Cutoff score for counselling under All India Seats 2021|
Sample of NEET Scorecard
What you should check in NEET 2021 Scorecard?
The major components of NEET result 2021 that you should check in your scorecard are as follows:
- Percentile score obtained in biology, physics, chemistry.
- Overall Percentile score.
- Total marks scored out of 720.
- NEET AIR – All India Rank
- NEET category rank.
- NEET Cut off
How to Calculate NEET Score?
With the help of NEET Answer Key, candidates can calculate their expected scores and ranks. They can tally their answers with those given in answer key before the NTA NEET Result is released. The marking scheme followed by NTA in NEET 2021 is given below-
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded.
- For marking the wrong option, -1 is deducted as penalty.
- No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions and marking more than 1 option.
- Total Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
- NEET Scores can be calculated by following the given formula –
How NEET Percentile is Calculated?
The percentile score will be calculated based on the candidate’s AIR and its relative position compared to the rank holders. The NEET Percentile is calculated using the given formula:
NEET 2021 Merit List
NEET Merit List will be prepared on the basis of NEET 2021 Results. No category wise merit list will be declared. There will be only a centralized merit list for all the NEET 2021 qualified candidates based on which 15% All India Quota seats counselling will be conducted. States will prepare their own merit list based on AIR and category of the candidate.
Tie Breaker Rule in NEET Result
A tie occurs when two or more candidates score the same marks. In that case, the authorities apply the tie-breaking rules to decide the rank. The tie-breaking method is mentioned below.
- Biology Marks – Candidates with higher marks secured in Biology will be preferred over other candidates with the same marks.
- Chemistry Marks – If the biology marks criteria do not work and tie still remains then candidates with higher marks in chemistry will be preferred.
- Less Incorrect Questions – If the above 2 methods are able to break the tie then the 3rd method is used where candidates with less number of wrong answers will be taken into consideration over other candidates.
- Age Factor – If all the criteria fail to break the tie then the last method used is the age factor where candidate older in age will be preferred for merit ranking.
Rechecking of NEET 2021 Result
NTA does not provide any such facility. No candidate can apply for rechecking or revaluation or results. Candidates were provided with the facility of challenging the OMR sheets and Answer sheets. After the challenge is over, the authority releases the result which is final.
NEET Qualifying Percentile Score & Marks
NTA releases NEET Cut Off along with the declaration of results. It is the minimum marks required to qualify NEET. There are separate cut off marks for different categories. NEET Cut off will be released for 2 quotas– All India Quota and State Level Quota. Top 15% scorers in NEET will be allowed to participate directly in the NEET counselling process under 15% All India Quota.
|Category||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Score||Number of Candidates|
|Unreserved/ EWS||50th||720 – 147||682406|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40th||146 – 113||88674|
|Unreserved / EWS – PH||45th||146 – 129||99|
|OBC/ SC/ ST – PH||40th||128 – 113||321|
- NEET Cut off for Medical Colleges in Delhi
- NEET Cut off for Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
- NEET Cut off for Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
NEET Toppers of 2020 Examination
|AIR Rank||Candidate’s Name||Gender||Category||Marks obtained||Percentile Score||State|
|6||Guthi Chaitanya Sindhu||Female||UR||715||99.9995611||Andhra Pradesh|
|8||Srijan R||Male||OBC (NC)||710||99.9985369||Tamil Nadu|
NEET Result Statistics of Qualified Candidates
|Category||Number of qualified candidates (in 2020)|
NEET 2021 Counselling
Candidates who qualifies NEET 2021 and whose names appear in the final merit list will be eligible for NEET Counselling. The counselling for 15% AIQ seats and seats in Deemed and Central Universities will be conducted by MCC.
Seats filled after NEET 2021 Result
- AIQ Seats
- State Government Quota Seats.
- Central Institutions/ Universities/ Deemed Universities.
- Ayurveda, Dental, Siddha, Homeopathy, Unani Colleges
- State/ Management/ NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical
Scope after NEET 2021 Result
NEET 2021 Result will be considered for admission in the following:
- MBBS, BDS
- AYUSH Courses – BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, BYNS, BSMS
- BVSc & AH
- Admission in 15 AIIMS and 2 JIPMER colleges will also be done based on NEET Result.
NEET 2021 Result FAQs
Ques. When will NEET 2021 result release?
Ans. NEET 2021 result will be declared a month after the conclusion of the exam. The result will be released in the scorecard format which candidates can download from the official website.
Ques. How can I check my NEET 2021 Result?
Ans. You can check your NTA NEET result by logging into the official website of NEET by using your credentials.
Ques. Can I apply for revaluation after the declaration of NEET Result 2021?
Ans. No. Revaluation facility is not provided. However, candidates were given an opportunity to raise an objection against the answer key and OMR sheet.
Ques. What details will be mentioned in my NEET 2021 scorecard?
Ans. The major components of NEET result 2021 that you should check in your scorecard are Percentile score obtained in biology, physics, chemistry, Overall Percentile score, Total marks scored out of 720. NEET AIR – All India Rank, NEET category rank, NEET Cut off
Ques. How can check my NEET state rank after the declaration of result? Will NTA release it along with NEET result 2021?
Ans. Your NEET scorecard will contain the AIQ rank but the state ranks will be released by respective states after the conclusion of AIQ counselling. Candidates need to apply separately for state counselling.
Ques. I have applied for NEET 2021 as NRI so can I change my nationality after the declaration of NEET result?
Ans. No. Candidates will not be allowed to change their categories after the declaration of result. However, NTA provides the facility to do some correction in the application form out of which nationality is one. You can change your nationality or other details within the stipulated time period.
Ques. What is the release date of NEET Answer Keys?
Ans. NEET 2021 answer keys will be released a few days after the conclusion of the exam. First provisional answer keys will be released and after that the final answer keys will release.
Ques. What will be the minimum qualifying cut off for NEET 2021?
Ans. The minium cut-off percentile to be secured for qualifying NEET is 50th for General Category and 40th for OBC, SC, and ST.
Ques.How to calculate NEET Score and Rank?
Ans. NEET Percentile Based on Highest Marks
Evaluation of percentile on the basis of marks can easily be done. We are providing you Percentile formula which is based on the marks scored by the contenders.
The formulae for calculating Percentile on the basis of Marks:
Individual Score X 100 / Marks obtained by top scorer
Percentile based on rank
Evaluation of percentile on the basis of rank is somewhat difficult in comparison to the first one. Have a look at the Percentile formula which is based on rank, gained by the aspirants.
The formulae for calculating Percentile on the basis of Rank:
Total appearing candidates – Rank secured/ Total appearing candidates’ X 100
Ques.How will the Tie-breaking problem be dissolved?
Ans. In case candidates score equal marks in the NEET examination, tie-breaking method will be considered.
- The candidate who obtains a higher mark in Biology as per the result of NEET 2021 will be given a better rank.
- If Biology marks are equal, candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry as per the NEET result 2021 will be given a higher rank in NEET 2021.
- If both Biology and Chemistry marks as per NEET result are equal, then the candidate who has attempted less number of wrong questions in all subjects of NEET 2021 will be given better rank.
- If all of the above criteria are unable to prove effective in breaking tie in NEET 2021 result, then the candidate older in age will be given preference for NEET admissions.
Ques.Who will conduct Counselling after NEET 2021?
- For 15% All India Quota seats, counselling will be conducted by the DGHS.
- For seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions, their respective authorities will conduct the counselling.
Ques.What is the reservation criteria for 15% all India quota seats?
Ans. In 15% all India quota seats, 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC category candidates.
Ques.How will the merit list be prepared for 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. Based on All India Rank and the reservation roster provided by DGHS, merit list for All India quota will be prepared.
Ques.What is the procedure of online seat allotment?
Ans. The process steps are given here -
- Main Counselling Registration.
- Exercising of Choices, indicative seats and Locking of choices.
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1.
- Round 1 Result Publication.
- Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round.
- Publication of net vacant seats.
- Fresh Choice Submission by eligible candidates for Round 2.
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2.
- Round 2 Result Publication.
- Reporting at the Medical / Dental Colleges /Institutions against Round 2.
- END of 15 % All India Counselling and reverting of Non Joined, Not allotted seats to state quota.
Ques. Will there be negative marking in NEET 2021?
Ans. Yes. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 marks will be deducted from the total score.
Ques. How long is the result of NEET 2021 valid?
Ans. The result of successful candidates of NEET 2021 is valid for the academic session 2021 – 22 only.
Ques. Can one see images of OMR sheets and Responses on the website?
Ans. The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the website nta.ac.in. For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with website.
Ques. I did not have a graduation degree, However, I have completed a professional degree, Can I apply for NEET?
Ans. No, only candidates who are graduate from a recognized University can apply for NEET. No, professional degree is accepted as a graduation degree.
Ques. Is there any provision to challenge the response(s) against the OMR grading?
Ans. Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit representation against the OMR grading on payment of INR 1000 per response challenged. The payment will be refunded to candidate if his/her challenge is accepted by the Board.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.