North Bengal University Admission 2020: First University to launch Tea Sciences UG Course in India
NBU (North Bengal University) is all set to inculcate a 3-year UG course of Tea Sciences in the course curriculum of the university for this academic year. This move has been officially announced by a senior official at NBU, on August 6, 2020.
The senior official also stated NBU as the only university across the country to offer Tea Sciences as a subject in its curriculum along with the general subjects in Arts and Science streams.
Tea Sciences: Course Highlights
- The 3-year course of Tea Sciences comprises 20 vacant seats and the enrollment procedure will commence from August 10, 2020.
- Students who have passed their higher senior secondary are only meant to apply for the enrollment in the course.
- Students will be offered Biology, Microbiology and Chemistry as the combination subjects.
- The course will be taught by the teachers available in the faculty of Science department.
- Vice-Chancellor of NBU, Subiresh Bhattacharya said that the course will be tailored for modern needs and the experts from various tea plantations and research centres will be invited for the interactive sessions and seminars.
According to the statement made by the senior official, NBU has to be graded as a trendsetter in offering Tea Sciences as a major subject of the UG courses provided by the university.
She also added that the course of Tea Sciences will be helpful for the candidates in creation and generation of employment opportunities as there are several tea estates located at North Bengal which also covers the well-known ones.
Check Here: NBU Courses & Fees
Nupur Das, the Secretary of the varsity's UG Council said that the course of Tea Sciences will set an example across the country as there is no other university in the country yet offering the similar courses.