Henley Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1945, Henley Business School is an institute giving quality education to students wanting a career in Business and accounts. Over 70 years old, the institute is a component member of University of Reading and is also one of the first and renowned Business Schools in the list of best UK universities for international students.
The school holds triple accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB and has over 7000 students coming from 140 countries across the globe with an ambition of studying in the UK. With more than 150 research faculties, the institute leaves no stone unturned in ensuring quality education for its aspirants. It happens to be one of the top 10 institutes in the UK for graduate studies and offers an unparalleled MBA program with its full- time MBA ranked #5 in the UK and its executive MBA ranked #27 globally.
Admissions at Henley Business School observe January 15 as their application deadlines for most of its programs and require a nonrefundable fee of 18 GBP per undergraduate program the candidate is applying for. The institute is often ranked top in the country for graduate prospects and thus is a coveted choice among international aspirants.
- Ranked #5 in Graduate Career Prospects in Business, Management and Marketing by the Guardian University Guide 2021.
- Ranked #8 in the UK for its Masters in Management Program by the Financial Times Ranking of 2019.
- Ranked #2 in Land and Property Management by the Complete University Guide Rankings of 2021.
- Ranked #1 in Graduate Prospects in Land and Property Management by the Sunday Times University Guide of 2021.
|College Type||Public College|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|No. of Rooms in Residence Halls||4984|
|Campus Housing capacity||95%|
|Applications Accepted||Offline/ Online|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time & Executive|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, awards, grants and loans.|
|Admission email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Henley Business School Campus and Accommodation
- The Henley Business School has two campuses in the UK and 15 campuses worldwide.
- The UK campuses are the White-knights Campus and the Green-lands Campus. The White-knights campus is located in Reading and the Green-lands campus is located in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.
The Whiteknights campus boasts of a high tech lecture hall which can accommodate 275 students. The Business library offers a range of books, publications and e-databases to students. Besides this, visiting areas, sports facilities for disabled students and cafes are also available.
- The Greenlands Campus offers a professional Fitness Centre, corporate meeting rooms and conference halls, on-campus accommodation options, a fine dining restaurant and refreshment centers.
- Reading University, the parent institute of Henley is a hub of social events ranging from comedy nights to sports club and society events.
- They have over 150 sports clubs and societies to help the students explore their talents and enhance their skills.
- The Henley Business school has well-equipped fitness centers, conference rooms, and 24 hours PC facilities on both its campuses.
- The University has residency Halls offering over 4,000 rooms to undergraduates as well as graduate students.
- The accommodating rate of the University is 95% which means almost everyone who applies by the given deadline can avail a room.
- The University offers catered and self-catered accommodation facilities, which are further divided as rooms with shared bathrooms or with en-suite bathrooms.
- In self-catered, there are ten ensuite Halls and five shared-bathroom halls. Moreover, there are four catered halls of which one is Ensuite.
- They also offer private accommodation, which is a bit more expensive than other options.
- All rooms have facilities such as internet access, laundry, kitchenette, study area, communal room, etc.
- Additionally, the University also understands the need for housing for mature students, couples, and families and has seven housing facilities for them. All are self-catered and have well-equipped kitchen areas.
Henley Business School Courses
- The school offers a plethora of courses for international students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The undergraduate study takes place in Whiteknights campus and the University offers degrees in four areas, namely, Accounting, Business Management, Finance, and Real estate and Planning.
- An interesting fact to know is that the school offers BA International Management and Business Administration along with four different languages- Italian, Spanish, French, and German.
- Various full-time, part-time and flexible graduate courses are also offered by the University in study areas such as Accounting, Business Management, Information Management, Finance, etc.
- Students may also find Ph.D. courses, Doctoral programs, and Executive Education courses.
- The Henley MBA is a globally renowned MBA program with triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. The two variants of the Henley MBA include the Global Executive MBA and the Flexible Executive MBA.
- Henley School also offers a number of open and coaching executive education programs in topics such as leadership, finance and strategic management.
Henley Business School Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal: The students applying for undergraduate courses have to apply through UCAS while graduates need to apply from the official website of the University of Reading.
Application fees: 18- 20 GBP (single program); 24- 26 GBP (multi-program).
Application deadline: June 30 (UG Level); June 1 (PG Level)
Basic Admission Requirements
- Official transcripts of secondary school or College.
- Official program completion certificate
- Statement of purpose.
- Standardized test scores.
- English Language Proficiency Test Requirements with the minimum score as follows:
For Graduate Admissions, having a first or second class degree in a relevant field from a recognized University is required. Also, MAT scores may be required in special cases.
Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, Insurance documentation, valid student Visa.
Country-Specific Entry Requirement (India)
- High School Pass Certificate (UG Programs)
- Bachelors Degree with min 60% score (PG Programs)
Henley Business School Cost of Attendance
For all the prospective candidates enrolling at the business school in the upcoming sessional term, an estimated cost of living for international students to stay in the UK is as tabulated below.
|Food||GBP 36-56 per week|
|Travel||GBP 17 per week|
|Books and stationary||GBP 11 per week|
|Personal care||GBP 16-26 per week|
|Entertainment||GBP 29 per week|
|Phone||GBP 4-14 per week|
|Total||GBP 113-149 per week|
|Accommodation||GBP 6000-12000 per year|
|Tuition fees||GBP 16,890-20,315 per year|
The institute offers more than 100 scholarships as financial support for international students looking to study in the UK. Some scholarships available for the students are as follows:
- Henley Business School Bursary 2020/21: In this scheme, the students shall get two bursaries worth GBP 15,000 each for three years of an undergraduate course. International, as well as domestic applicants, are welcomed to apply for this scholarship.
- The Henley Alumni masters in Management Bursary: This is available to students who have applied for masters in management courses. The students shall receive GBP 10,000 towards the tuition fee for one year. Application is required.
- International 5k scholarship: This can be available by the students enrolled in the Masters in Finance course. It is given by the ICMA center and offers up to GBP 5,000 per year. The students may be asked to give a personal interview as well.
- Women in Leadership Scholarship: This is a competition based scholarship in which both men and women can participate. One has to answer a question given in the application form and the winner shall receive a fully-funded award worth GBP 39,500. This is available for students of Part-time Executive MBA programs or flexible Executive MBA programs.
- Master’s in Management Scholarship (5,000 to 10,000 GBP): Students accepted for the Master’s in Management program are eligible for this scholarship. Applicants are required to possess a minimum GPA of 2.1 and an IELTS equivalent score of 7.0. Applicants are also expected to have relevant work experience. The scholarship application may be found here https://www.henley.ac.uk/level/postgraduate#masters-in-management
- Global Executive MBA Scholarship (10%- 50% of total fees): MBA applicants demonstrating exceptional academic abilities may apply for this scholarship. Applicants with PhD degrees are encouraged to apply. Students may speak to the MBA Recruiting Team for details about the scholarship application process.
The Henley Business School has a vast alumni network of around 80,000 alumni from more than 160 countries. It offers alumni the option to use their online resources and the ability to become a member of its global alumni network which has professionals from over 150 countries. It also offers tips on career development or recruits Henley graduates.
Some notable alumni of the University are Amina J. (Nigerian politician), Dang Thanh Tam (Vietnamese businessman), Kim Fausing (CEO of Danfoss), and Moorad Chaudhary (Businessperson).
Henley Business School Placements
Henley Careers & Professional Development offers Career Services to Students and Alumni members. It offers career counselling resources and organizes career development events to help students and alumni enhance their employability.
Depending on their area of specialization, graduates from the Henley School earn between 96,508 GBP to 29,031 GBP per annum.