Said Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded by businessman and philanthropist, Mr. Wafic Saïd in 1996, Saїd Business School is affiliated to the University of Oxford and is one of the most prestigious business schools in the world. It is a part of one of the four academic divisions of the University of Oxford- Social Sciences. The school offers undergraduate programs, graduate programs, diploma courses, and online courses. The school is famous for its excellence in areas, including finance, management, entrepreneurship, tax, digital marketing, social innovation, etc.
According to Forbes, the acceptance rate at Saïd Business School is 20%, indicating that it is among the more selective universities in the UK. The school is currently working from two locations- Park End Street and Egrove Park with international students from 62 countries.
- The school has been working to develop an enhanced learning experience that reflects the current circumstances.
- Till new guidelines, teaching will be done in small groups and will be accompanied by high quality, digital learning experiences.
- School’s Executive Education Open Programmes have suspended in-person teaching till there is an update on the COVID-19 pandemic but the online programs remain unaffected.
Saїd Business School Rankings
The school has been ranked at the following positions by different ranking surveys:
- According to Times Higher Education, Oxford university was ranked 1st in the World University Rankings
- According to Global MBA Ranking 2019 by FT.com, Saïd Business School was ranked #13.
- Saїd Business School was awarded as the Business School of the year in Times Higher Education Awards 2017
- Saїd’s MBA program was ranked 5th internationally for one-year programs in Forbes 2019
|Number of Campuses||Two|
|Affiliated to||University of Oxford|
|Affiliation||University of Oxford|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, loans, external funding|
- There are two campuses of Saїd Business School:
- Park End Street
- Egrove Park
- Park End Street has two modern buildings - the East Wing and the Thatcher Business Education Centre.
- The East Wing building includes facilities like exhibition space, seminars rooms, amphitheater, garden room, virtual meeting space known as ‘The Oxford Hive’, etc.
- The Thatcher Business Education Centre features Harvard style lecture theatres, club rooms, a wide range of classrooms and seminar rooms, three dining rooms, etc.
- The building also boasts sustainable features like the use of geothermal, solar energy, and rainwater harvesting.
- For this, the school also won Best Newcomer and Gold Award at The Green Impact Awards.:
- Egrove Park site is spread over 37 acres of ground and is a residential business meeting venue.
- The site supports a wide range of business meetings, from boardroom discussions to residential conferences.
- Egrove Park also offers accommodation facilities and has 63 comfortable bedrooms.
- Saїd Business School has an active LGBTQ+ community.
- School's Egrove Park campus offers extensive sports facilities.
- Applicants coming to Saïd Business School may stay in privately rented accommodation or university-owned accommodation. However, there is only limited availability for College-owned housing.
- International students can find accommodation while studying in the UK through other sources.
- Saïd Business School offers residence facilities for family and partners.
- University Accommodation Office of Oxford University helps to find a suitable flat or room available on the campus property.
- The Office manages rooms, flats and houses in and around Oxford city center, that are available for full-time graduate students, families, couples, etc.
- Applicants can find more information about renting and accommodation in the private sector through the Oxford StudentPad.
- Oxford SU Accommodation Service allows students to search for all types of short or long-term accommodation.
Saïd Business School offers a range of courses through MBA programs, degree programs, executive diplomas, and executive education programs.
- MBA programs include a one-year, full-time MBA, a 21-month part-time Executive MBA, and tailored 1+1 MBA programs.
- Degree programs are offered at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The programs include:
- BA(Hons) Economics and Management,
- MSc in Financial Economics,
- MSc Law and Finance,
- MSc in Major Programme Management,
- DPhil in Management,
- DPhil in Finance
- Diploma programs include:
- Oxford Diploma in Financial Strategy,
- Oxford Diploma in Global Business,
- Oxford Diploma in Organisational Leadership,
- Oxford Diploma in Strategy and Innovation
- Saïd Business School also provides executive education that includes on-campus open programs, online-programs, custom programs, etc.
- For the undergraduate admission in BA Economics and Management, Saïd Business School accepts applications through the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) admission portal.
- For graduate programs and diploma courses, applicants have to apply through the online application portal of Saïd Business School.
- Application fee: 150 GBP (non refundable)
- For online courses, applicants have to register online.
- Saïd Business School offers September and January intake.
- The application deadlines and requirements differ from the courses.
- Students wanting to pursue an MBA should go through the application process and must meet the MBA application-requirements.
- The acceptance rate at Saïd Business School: 20% by Forbes
- Some courses at Saïd Business School ask for GMAT and GRE scores.
|Average GMAT Score||690|
- International students must meet the given English Proficiency Requirement:
|TOEFL||110 (Listening: 22; Reading: 24; Speaking: 25; Writing: 24)|
|IELTS||7.5 (7.0 in each component)|
|CAE/CPE||191 (185 in each component)|
- Other supporting documents include:
- IELTS scores
- Valid work/professional/institutional email address for each referee.
- Three completed essays as directed by the application form.
- Resume, CV
- Financial Statement of Support.
- A copy of the passport identification page
Cost of Attendance
- The charges of the program include tuition fees, college fees, and also college union charges.
|Course||Tuition fees in GBP|
|1 year MBA||59,490|
|MSc Financial Economics||45,000|
|Digital marketing (online program)||2,200|
|Global Business Diploma||27,020|
- These fees for the programs do not include living expenses. Students can refer to the website of the University of Oxford for details on living expenses in Oxford.
|Expenses||Living costs for 12 months in GBP – Lower Range||Living costs for 12 months in GBP –Upper Range|
- Students can avail ample Scholarships Opportunities from Saïd Business School, Oxford University, Oxford's colleges, and external sources.
- Saïd Business School offers Scholarships on degree programs and diplomas that are funded by a variety of sources.
- Loans and external funding options are also available by some external organizations.
- Applicants can avail scholarships to courses that start in September and October and who apply before the course's January deadline.
- Saïd Business School does not have a separate scholarship application process. Students are automatically considered for scholarships if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Some of the Scholarships are:
|DPhil programs||Saïd Business School doctoral support, Oxford Saïd-HEC Montréal Scholarship,|
Eni-Oxford DPhil Scholarship
|Executive MBA||EMBA Director's Scholarships (additional application required), The Hasmukh Patel Scholarship, Linbury Scholarships|
|MBA and 1+1 MBA||Alumni Annual Fund Scholarships, Jacobs Foundation Scholarships, Oxford-Ideality Scholarships|
|MSc in Financial Economics||Alumni Annual Fund Scholarships, Oxford Saïd-HEC Montréal Scholarship|
|Oxford Executive Diplomas||Scholarships for Women (additional application required)|