Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have a UK 2:1 honors degree or its international equivalent.
- At least three years' work experience in a managerial role.
- Students may still be considered if:
- students have professional qualifications with substantial work experience, or
- students do not hold a degree or professional qualifications but have a very strong employment record demonstrating a high degree of responsibility.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Or, completed a B.Sc (General) degree from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- MBA at the University of Edinburgh is offered a program for a duration of 1 year.
- The University of Edinburgh is one of the world's top universities, consistently ranked in the world top 50, and placed 20th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- This program focuses on a range of core business, management, and leadership disciplines, integrating courses to build students' capacity for incisive analysis, innovation, and strategic leadership.
- It also allows participants a choice of specialization in finance, strategy, or entrepreneurship.
- The structure of the MBA program offers flexibility by providing a choice of electives alongside compulsory courses.
- In this course, the compulsory courses are:
- Organizing for Effectiveness
- Professional Development Programme
- Quantitative Methods and Tools
- Strategic Leadership
- Strategic Marketing
- Understanding Economies
- In this program, they offer scholarships that can range from 6,450 USD upwards.
- The University of Edinburgh is known to be the sixth oldest university in Scotland.
- The university comprises five campuses, namely Central area, King's building, and BioQuarter, Western General, and Easter Bush.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:83.
- The average salary goes up to 41,280 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of the University of Manchester is 94%.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 44118 for 1 yearor 120 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Round 1 (Deadline - Jan 27)|
|Admission Intake||Round 2 (Deadline - Mar 10)|
|Admission Intake||Round 3 (Deadline - Apr 21)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|Round 1||Jan 27, 2022|
|Round 2||Mar 10, 2022|
|Round 3||Apr 21, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and Food||$ 10320|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #201 / 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Edinburgh MBA Leadership Scholarships||$ 12881||Yes||N/A|
|Forte Fellowship||$ 24623||Yes||N/A|
|The Global Study Awards||$ 12252||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in courses longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) – Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
If students are studying a full-time program at the University of Edinburgh, the Tier 4 visa should allow them to work in the UK, students will be permitted to work:
- 20 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program at degree level and above.
- 10 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program below degree level.
- Full time during vacation periods and after students program end date (until the visa expires).
- On an integral and assessed work placement as part of studies.
- As a sabbatical officer in a Students’ Union for up to 2 years.
In this University, Tier 4 students cannot:
- Work as a self-employed person
- This includes freelancing and ‘gig-economy’ work, such as Deliveroo or Uber drivers
- Work as an entertainer or professional sportsperson or coach
- Take a full-time, permanent position
- Take a full-time internship or work placement during term time that is not an assessed and integral part of their studies
- Take part in Business Activity
Career and Placement after Course
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- HR Manager
- Finance Advisor
- Business Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Business Development Manager
- Project Manager
I choose to study in the UK because it was much affordable than in other major counties. I didn't much about the universities there, so I consulted a few educational consultants and they helped me shortlist a few universities. I applied to them and I was lucky enough the get accepted in two of them among which I choose Edinburgh based on its student reviews that I read online and the curriculum as it suited me better. To apply here, I had to register through the graduate application portal which cost me around £50.
Course Curriculum :
The program was only one year long, hence it was very rigorous. It mainly focused on a range of core business, management, and leadership disciplines, integrating courses that helped us build our capacity for incisive analysis, innovation, and strategic leadership. Through the curriculum, I also got the opportunity of working with reputed companies and gain in-field experience. The structure of our MBA program was quite flexible and provided us with a choice of electives alongside compulsory courses.
Diversity, Course structure, Location (Student city and beautiful place), University Ranking and Large Alumni group. Interaction with previous student helped in taking decision
Course Curriculum :
Course was very much focused on building Strategic leadership and Professional development skills. Curriculum was excellent and more of practical driven, filled with many live projects with good clients/companies. Though little bit of analytical part was missing but they have implemented that after last 2020 batch feedback.