Master of Science [M.Sc] (Business Analytics)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have a UK 2:1 honors degree, or undergraduate degree in any disciplinary area related to management science, operational research, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, physics, computer science, etc.
- Applicant's background should ideally include courses or experience gained in topics such as linear algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and computer programming.
- Candidates with a first-class or 2:1 honors degree in an unrelated subject area but who have relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Or, completed a B.Sc (General) degree from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- MSc in Business Analytics at the University of Edinburgh is offered a program for a duration of 1 year.
- The University of Edinburgh is one of the world's top universities, consistently ranked in the world top 50, and placed 20th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
- This course is offered on a full-time and part-time basis also.
- This program, MSc in Business Analytics ranks 10th in the 2020 QS World Rankings.
- At the start of the program, students study compulsory courses, which are undertaken in semester one.
- These are the foundation upon which the whole MSc is built and ensure a common basis of knowledge across the different areas.
- In this program, the compulsory courses are:
- Predictive Analytics and Modelling of Data
- Prescriptive Analytics with Mathematical Programming
- Principles of Data Analytics
- Python Programming
- Student Development Team will support students' career aspirations by focusing on key skills such as teamwork, networking, and job search strategies.
- The University of Edinburgh is known to be the sixth oldest university in Scotland.
- The university comprises five campuses, namely Central area, King's building, and BioQuarter, Western General, and Easter Bush.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:83.
- The average salary goes up to 41,280 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of the University of Manchester is 94%.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 32121 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Round 1 (Deadline - Mar 31)|
|Admission Intake||Round 2 (Deadline - Feb 17)|
|Admission Intake||Round 3 (Deadline - June 9)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|Round 1||Mar 31, 2021|
|Round 2||Feb 17, 2022|
|Round 3||Jun 9, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
Applicants receiving an offer of admission, either conditional or unconditional, will be asked to pay a deposit of 1,935 USD within 28 days of the offer to secure their place on the program.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and Food||$ 10320|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #201 / 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Edinburgh MBA Leadership Scholarships||$ 12881||Yes||N/A|
|Forte Fellowship||$ 24623||Yes||N/A|
|The Global Study Awards||$ 12252||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in courses longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) – Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
If students are studying a full-time program at the University of Edinburgh, the Tier 4 visa should allow them to work in the UK, students will be permitted to work:
- 20 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program at degree level and above.
- 10 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program below degree level.
- Full time during vacation periods and after students program end date (until the visa expires).
- On an integral and assessed work placement as part of studies.
- As a sabbatical officer in a Students’ Union for up to 2 years.
In this University, Tier 4 students cannot:
- Work as a self-employed person
- This includes freelancing and ‘gig-economy’ work, such as Deliveroo or Uber drivers
- Work as an entertainer or professional sportsperson or coach
- Take a full-time, permanent position
- Take a full-time internship or work placement during term time that is not an assessed and integral part of their studies
- Take part in Business Activity