University of Hull: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Hull is one of the renowned public research universities established in the United Kingdom that was founded in 1927. Particular research expertise in social justice, environmental technologies and maritime history are owned by the university. The University is perhaps best known for developing liquid-crystal technology in terms of research.
The University also received the Queen’s Award for Technological Achievement. In the 2014 national Research Excellence Framework (REF), 62% of their research was judged to be internationally excellent. The University is counted among one of the top Education providers to study in the UK. They offer education in full-time, distant, and online modes making it accessible to all.
The institute has been ranked by several agencies. Some reliable ones are mentioned below:
- Ranked 601-650 by QS Global World Ranking 2020.
- Ranked 501-600 by World University Rankings 2020.
- Ranked 126-150 by European Teaching Rankings.
- Ranked 799 in Best Global Universities.
- Ranked 59 in Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom.
|% of International Students||10.3%|
|Total International Students||2,136|
|International fee||14,500-17,200 Euro|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, awards, and grants.|
|Admission Helpdesk||Email- firstname.lastname@example.org|
Call- +44 (0)1482 462190
University of Hull Campus
- The main campus of the university is positioned in the residential district of North Hull in Cottingham Road. The University also has a more diminutive campus in Scarborough on the North Yorkshire coast.
- The campus has a number of cafeterias, bars, a nightclub, a book shop, career service, an advice center, and sporting facilities with the new sports hall and a gym that was recently inaugurated in 2019.
- Inside the campus, there’s a comfy lounge, a games room, and a multi-function room complete with large screen projectors with an attached spacious kitchen which could be used for the extra special occasions.
- Car parking is also available for the blue badge holders only inside the campus.
- Furthermore, the students can be a part of any of the student club or association. Beach Clean Club, Anime Society, Book Society, Creative writing, English society, and Harry Potter Society are a few of the numerous options available.
University of Hull Residence
- Accommodation for both, the new students and the returning student can apply through the online form available via the official website of the university.
- The university has three central household rooms namely Westfield Court, The Courtyard, and Taylor Court that accommodate on-campus service to the scholars.
- Other than this, there are increased benevolence bureaus in the Lawns. The faculties also boast of a number of cafeterias, bars, a casino, a book shop, career assistance, and an advice hub and a gym that has recently been inaugurated in 2019.
- The Westfield Court has state of the art Sport and Fitness Centre, recently refurbished Middleton Hall and the Asylum nightclub which is a popular student spot.
- The students can stay in Campus Houses (11 occupants), En-suite and deluxe rooms, single bed flats, 4-bed flats, and 6-8 bed flats.
- All the rooms are well furnished and have a wardrobe, desks, dresser, chairs, and shared /private bathrooms.
- A well-equipped kitchen area, lounge area, games room, TV room, and dining area is also accessible to the resident students.
University of Hull Programs
- The University of Hull proposes many further undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate courses across 100 academic departments on its campus.
- Popular majors at the University of Hull include Accounting, Human Geography, International Business, and Law.
- University of Hull MBA program is tailored to empower operating specialists to develop their professions while serving full-time within vivid and interactive videoconferencing, and weekend meet-ups.
- Four faculties that offer undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral level programs are available in the academic structure of the university.
- Degree programs in medical, life sciences, and social work are included in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Programs like environmental sciences, technology, and mathematics are available in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
University of Hull Application Process
Seeking admission at the University of Hull can be a can of worms. Consequently, the following things are to be taken care of while applying:
Application Portal: The students have to apply using the UCAS Application portal.
- Standard XII CBSE with the lowest score of 70% from the top 4 subjects average
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) with a minimum grade of 70% from the top 4 subjects average
- Board of Intermediate Education Andhra Pradesh with the lowest score of 60%.
- Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education with the lowest score of 60%.
- Government of Kerala Board of Public Examinations with the lowest score of 150.
- Gujarat Secondary Education Board with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education with the lowest score of 60%.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a variety of 28–30.
University of Hull Cost of Attendance
The Estimated Cost of Attendance depends upon different factors like the course applied for, tuition, books, fee, etc. The table below mentions the cost of living in the UK while studying at the University of Hull.
|Undergraduate Fee||International: 14,500-17,200 Euro|
UK and EU: 9,250 Euro
|Postgraduate Fee||International: 14,500-17,200 Euro|
UK and EU: 6,000-9,400 Euro
|Monthly Rent||487.18 Euro|
|Food (per serving)||10 Euro|
|Monthly Gym Membership||25.29 Euro|
University of Hull Financial Aid/ Scholarships
- The institute provides a wide range of scholarships, bursaries, and awards. If you need extra monetary help to satisfy childcare expenses or a lift because you’re from a lower-income family.
- The Studentship is a 1,000 EUR scholarship accessible to UK/EU undergraduate students with a house income below 25,000 EUR.
- The Student Support team has a wealth of information to help you keep your cash under control.
- Here are some of the popular scholarships offered by the University of Hull as a source of financial support for international students:
- Merit Scholarship- 120 UCAS tariff points from three A-Levels are required to receive this scholarship worth 2000 EUR.
- Attainment Scholarship- 112 UCAS tariff points from three A-Levels are required to receive this scholarship worth 1200 EUR.
- Graduate Scholarship-If you have completed your undergraduate course from the University of Hull and further wish to continue post-graduation with the university you would automatically earn a scholarship of 3000 EUR towards your tuition fee.
- Armed Forces Bereavement Scholarship- This scholarship is awarded to children of those who died in the service of their country. A scholarship of 3,950 EUR is awarded to the students.
University of Hull Alumni
An alumnus from the University of Hull is notably striking in different fields like politics, academia, Journalism, and drama. Former MP, succeeding Deputy Prime Minister, Deputy Leader of the Labor Party, and former Deputy Leader has studied from this prestigious university.
- John Leslie Prescott--British Labour Party politician
- Thomas Anthony Watson--British politician
- Anthony Minghella--British film director,
- Christopher John Mullin--British journalist
- Ayesha Hazarika--Scottish broadcaster, tabloid journalist and political commentator, and former political adviser to senior Labor Party politicians.
University of Hull Placements
- The placement teams work with the assigned practice partners to support practice-based learning by students. 95.9% of students are in work or further study six months after graduating.
- The University acts as a link between the Faculty of Health Sciences and the placement providers and placements are offered in a range of up-to-date healthcare and social work settings.
- Students are allocated and provided with administrative and academic support that influences experience.
- Students can sign up on the Opportunity Platform of the institute where one can find out about vacancies, events, Employer profiles, and can also receive job-related guidance and support.