University of Hull Admission 2020-2021: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, International Student Admissions
The University of Hull is a public research university offering undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in a wide range of interests. The university currently has an enrollment of more than 16,000 students and around 2,500 employees, including more than 1,000 academic staff. Around 95% of students are in work or further study six months after graduating.
- For undergraduate programs, students must apply online via UCAS.
- International students must obtain a Tier-4 visa to study in the UK.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE & Cambridge test scores are accepted for English Language Proficiency.
|Application Portal||Online/ Offline|
|English Proficiency Tests||TOEFL, IELTS, PTE & Cambridge Tests|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Part-time & Online|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Bursaries|
University of Hull Admission Deadlines
For undergraduate programs, students must apply through UCAS. Applications for 2019 opened on September 1, 2018. To guarantee entry to the University of Hull, students are advised to meet all the conditions of their applications by August 31.
|Undergraduate ||January 15|
|Medicine courses||October 15|
|Postgraduate courses||1 August|
University of Hull Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Hull offers more than 100 undergraduate programs in a wide range of professional fields. The most popular courses among students are Accounting, Business, Management, Sciences, Engineering, Arts, Humanities, Media, Nursing, Health, Education etc. The admission process for undergraduate programs is discussed below:-
Apply Online:- UCAS
- CBSE Standard XII (India Senior School Certificate)- Minimum 70% from top 4 subjects average
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) - Minimum 70% from top 4 subjects average
- Board of Intermediate Education Andhra Pradesh (Intermediate Public Examination)- Minimum average grade of 60%
- Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education (Second Year Pre-University Examination)-Minimum average grade of 60%
- Government of Kerala Board of Public Examinations (Higher Secondary Examination Certificate) Minimum average grade of 150
- Gujarat Secondary Education Board (Higher Secondary Certificate Examination)-Minimum average grade of 70%
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (Higher Secondary Certificate Examination)- Minimum average grade of 60%
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a range of 28-30
- The National College Entrance Examination (NCEE or Gaokao)-Minimum grade of 67%
- General Graduation Examination (Huikao)- Minimum grade of 77%
- Senior High School Diploma with a minimum average grade of 80% over 3 years.
- Successful completion of a Specialist College Diploma (Zhongzhuan)-Minimum grade of 80%
- Successful completion of a Vocational Secondary School Diploma (Zhixiao)-Minimum grade of 80%
- Completion of Year 1 of a Dazhuan (including Gaozhi and Gaozhuan) Diploma with a minimum grade of 75%
- Successful completion of Year 1 of a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum grade of 70%
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a range of 28 - 30
- Pass the HSSC or Intermediate Certificate with a minimum grade of 65%, including math subject
- Associate Degree (four semesters) with 55%
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a range of 28 – 30
Note:- International students who have completed the US high school curriculum are also accepted.
English Proficiency Requirements
International students who are non-native English speakers must fulfill the English language proficiency requirements. Students can submit the test scores of any one of the following tests with the minimum score required:-
|Tests||Minimum Score Required|
International applicants coming to the United Kingdom must apply as an adult student under the Tier 4 Student Visa. The Visa process would begin once the student gets the Confirmation of Acceptance for study number from the university once they have paid the required deposit.
- Online application form
- Current passport
- Qualifications listed on CAS (if applicable)
- Proof of financial support (personal bank statement or bank letters or official loan letters or official sponsorship letter)
- Translation of documents which are not in English
- ATAS certificate (if applicable)
- Passport/ National identity card
- English Language Proficiency
- TB test
University of Hull Graduate Admissions
The University of Hull offers around 70 postgraduate taught programs in major fields like Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, Digital Media, Human Resource Management, International Politics etc. The admission process and its requirements for postgraduate programs are given below:-
Apply Online:- Click Here to Apply
Apply Offline:-Click Here to Download the Application Form
General Admission Requirements
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/ universities previously attended.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- References (Academic and Professional)
- Research Proposal
- Relevant Work Experience
Note:- International students who have applied for a science and technology program may need to apply for an ATAS certificate.
Country-Wise Entry Requirements
- A lower second-class Bachelor Honours (or 2.2) or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a minimum of three years, awarded by a nationally recognized higher education institution in India to be comparable to a UK Bachelor Honours degree.
- Lower second class 2.2 or equivalent (Overall 50%)
- Upper second class 2.1 or equivalent (Overall 60%)
- Bachelor’s degree awarded by a nationally recognized higher education institution in China to be comparable to a UK Bachelor Honours degree.
- Lower second-class (2.2) equivalent (Overall Grade of 70%)
- Upper second-class (2.1) equivalent (Overall grade of 75%)
- 2-year Bachelor + 2 year Master programme with a minimum of 55% overall grade
- 3-year Bachelor (Honours) passed at 60%
- 3-year Bachelor (not Honours) + 1 year Master program passed at 60%
- 4-year Bachelor passed at 60% overall
International students will need CAS to obtain their visa. The CAS will include the necessary details of tuition fees already paid or scholarships, along with the details of supporting documents to include in the visa application. The University of Hull will send the students’ CAS via email at the earliest three months before the course start date.