Bachelor of Arts [B.A] (Mathematics and Computer Science)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants are expected to have Mathematics to A-level (A* or A grade), Advanced Higher (A grade), Higher Level in the IB (score 7) or another equivalent.
- Further Mathematics is highly recommended. If FM is taken to A-level or to AS-level then they require an A in that too.
- Students completed the English with a grade of 12 and 65% higher.
- The minimum CGPA is determined annually. It is never lower than 7.5.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE.
English-Language Proficiency Eligibility:
Successful completion of one of the following is sufficient to demonstrate English-language proficiency:
- At least one or two years of study in English at a recognized university/college.
- A one-year post-graduate certificate at a recognized college in English.
- BA in Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Oxford offered a program for a duration of 3 years.
- The University of Oxford also ranked 4th in QS World University Ranking 2020.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- The course concentrates on areas where mathematics and computing are most relevant to each other, emphasizing the bridges between theory and practice.
- In this program, it offers opportunities for potential computer scientists both to develop a deeper understanding of the mathematical foundations of their subject and to acquire a familiarity with the mathematics of application areas.
- It also gives mathematicians access to both a practical understanding of the use of computers and a deeper understanding of the limits on the use of computers in their own subject.
- For this course, class sizes may vary depending on the options students choose.
- There would usually be around 8-12 students though classes for some of the more popular papers may be larger.
- Some teaching may also be delivered by postdoctoral researchers or postgraduate students who are studying at the doctorate level.
- The average salary goes up to 113,500 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of the University of Oxford is 91%.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||141537 for 3 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Oct 15)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|fall||Oct 15, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #5 / 500
Mathematics [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Reach Oxford Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Feb 12, 2020|
|Albukhary Foundation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||May 30, 2021|
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Feb 19, 2021|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations and personal interview session.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in course longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) – Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents’ or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
- Main work visa options for non-EU students in the UK-
- Tier-2 (General) Visa options (for full time and part time work)
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker-Government Authorized Exchange) visa (for work experience or professional training)- It allows students to work in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months depending on the scheme applied for.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa (for MBA and other UK graduates who have been identified by Higher Education Institutes in the UK after graduation to establish at least one business in the UK).
- Jobs for International students in the UK are possible only if they apply for Tier 1, 2 or 5 Visa post studies. There are some conditions, however, to be able to work in the UK-
- An international graduate must get paid at least $27,290 per year, if not, they may be asked to leave the country
- Find a job within four months after completion of the course