Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh is an autonomous university. It was established in the year 1962. It offers various courses under UG, PG and Research level in recognition with INC, MCI and UGC.
PGIMER Application Form for all the courses can be filled online by visiting the official website. The minimum eligibility for applying in B.Sc. and B.Ph.T is 10+2 from a recognized board with the relevant marks in the related subjects. Admission is based on the marks obtained in the entrance test. The minimum eligibility for MD and MS is a pass in MBBS. For MDS/House Job program, the candidates must have passed BDS from the recognized university.
Selection to MD, MS and MDS House Job courses will be done on the basis of qualifying entrance test followed by personal counseling conducted by the university itself. The candidates who have done their MD or MS in the relevant field are eligible to apply for DM and M.Ch courses. The selection of applicants for DM and M.Ch will be made on the basis of the qualifying entrance exam and practical exam.
- MBBS passed candidates are eligible to apply for MHA and MPH courses.
- Candidates who have cleared B.Sc. in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for M.Sc and M.Sc (Nursing).
- The selection of the candidates for MHA, MPH, M.Sc. will be made on the basis of the entrance test and their respective interview/counseling.
- The minimum eligibility for Fellowship PGIs is MS or MD degree in the relevant discipline.
- For PhD course, a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks is important.
- The selection for Fellowship PGIs will be done on the basis of a theory exam followed by a practical exam.
- Admission to PhD will be done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the qualifying entrance test.
Read More: PGIMER Fees Structure
PGIMER Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of College||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh|
|College Type||Autonomous University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance based and Counseling|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Name of Entrance||University Entrance Exam|