PGIMER 2019: Check Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Exam Pattern
PGIMER (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh) is conducted in 2 sessions- January and July. It is held for admissions to PG courses such as MD, MS, DM, MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) and other PG courses. PGIMER 2019 exam will be held in May 2019.
- Candidates can fill PGIMER 2019 Application Form in online mode only.
- PGIMER 2019 application process will start in March 2019.
- The application fee is INR 1000/- for general category and INR 800/- for SC/ST/OBC category.
|PGIMER Admit Card||PGIMER Exam Pattern||PGIMER Results|
- PGIMER 2019 Results are expected to be out by the last week of November 2019.
- Candidates have to carry PGIMER 2019 admit card along with an identity proof to the exam center.
- Exam will be held in offline mode and is a 3-hour test.
- Questions will be of objective type and there is negative marking.
PGIMER 2019 results will be declared online on May 2019. PGIMER 2019 Counselling and Seat Allocation process will be conducted in four rounds starting from June 2019.
PGIMER 2019 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Course Offered||DM, M.Ch, MHA, PhD, House-Job, M.Sc/M.Sc(MLT), MD/MS|
PGIMER 2019 Exam Dates
PGIMER will release official notification to fill PGIMER 2019 Application Form in March 2019. The registration process closes in April 2019. PGIMER 2019 Admit Card will be available one week before the exam. PGIMER 2019 exam dates are given below in the table:
|Commencement of application process||March 17, 2019|
|Last date to register fill PGIMER Application form||April 17, 2019|
|Last date to deposit application fee||April 20, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||May 13, 2019|
|Date of examination||May 14, 2019|
|Declaration of results||May 16, 2019|
|First Counselling||June 16, 2019|
|Second Counselling||July 14, 2019|
|Third Counselling||July 28, 2019|
PGIMER 2019 Eligibility
Before applying for the exam, all candidates must be aware of PGIMER 2019 eligibility criteria for admissions in the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research. Here are the Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER 2019:
- Applicant must be registered with Central/State Medical Registration Council.
- For MD/MS courses: Applicants must hold the MBBS or equivalent Degree recognized by Medical Council of India.
- For MDS programmes: Applicants must have the BDS Degree from Panjab University recognized under Dental Council of India.
- For DM course: Applicants should have the MD/MS Degree.
- Candidates should have completed or due to complete one-year rotatory internship training on or before December 31 for January session respectively.
PGIMER 2019 Application Form
PGIMER 2019 registration process will start from March 2019. PGIMER 2019 will be held in the month of May 2019 in offline mode, at different exam centers across India. The application process for PGIMER is online.
Candidates are required to keep safe the application number and Password for future use. They are advised to take a printout of PGIMER 2019 application right after they have completed the application process.
The procedure to fill PGIMER 2019 online application form is as follows:
- Visit the official website of PGIMER 2019.
- Read all instructions to fill online application form.
- Enter the PGIMER 2019 Registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and email address.
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like Address, Nationality, Academic qualifications, Income Category, Choice of examination center, Course applied, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in “.jpeg” format. The size of the images should not exceed than 50KB.
- Review the details in the entire form, make changes, if necessary and click on submit button.
- After the completion of PGIMER 2019 online application form, candidates will be redirected to the fee payment window.
- The application fee of PGIMER 2019 a is paid through SBI Bank Challan.
- After payment of the examination fees and successful registration, candidates will receive a system generated confirmation by email or SMS.
- Candidates will receive a system generated Application Number and confirmation email after successful submission of the application.
Candidates should be very careful while entering the details, After the submission of the details, it cannot be changed/edited/modified under any circumstances.
PGIMER 2019 Application Fee
PGIMER 2019 Application fee for all the courses is given below. There is no other method to pay the fees besides SBI Bank Challan. The Fee once paid is non-refundable.
PGIMER 2019 Admit Card
PGIMER 2019 Admit card will be available for download on the official website 1 week before the entrance test. To download the PGIMER hall ticket, candidates need to enter application number/User ID and password. It will include the candidate’s name, roll number, exam center, exam date, exam venue.
Candidate should keep their Admit card with them during the examination along with the photo identity card as identity proof of the candidate so that they won’t face any problem while giving the exam.
Steps to download PGIMER 2019 Admit card are given below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred as PGIMER 2019 Admit Card.
- Enter your login details, Application Number/User ID and your password.
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
- Keep the Admit Card safe till counselling process gets over.
PGIMER 2019 Exam Pattern
PGIMER 2019 will be conducted in pen-paper mode (offline) at selected test centers in India. The question paper will vary depending upon the course, the candidate has applied for.
- PGIMER 2019 question paper will be of objective Multiple-Choice Questions with 5 options and 1 single correct response.
- here will be a total of 250 questions.
- The total duration of the examination will be 180 minutes.
- There is negative marking.
PGIMER 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper|
|Duration of exam||3 hour|
|Number of questions||250 questions with 5 alternatives and one single correct response|
|Marking Scheme||Percentile based score will be used for deciding the overall rank of the candidates.|
|Negative marking||There is negative marking|
|Language of the question paper||English|
Also Check PGIMER 2019 Exam Pattern
PGIMER 2019 Syllabus
Candidates are required to be aware of PGIMER 2019 Syllabus and prepare accordingly to get admission in various courses offered by PGIMER. In PGIMER 2019, candidates will be tested based on their knowledge of all subjects taught during MBBS/BDS programme including Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical subjects.
PGIMER 2019 Result
PGIMER 2019 Results will be announced on the official portal. The result will be announced by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh. An applicant can check PGIMER 2019 Results in the last week of June 2019. The result for different courses will publish on different dates.
Steps to check PGIMER 2019 Results are given below:
- Visit the official website of PGIMER 2019.
- Click on the link "PGIMER 2019 Result".
- Login using Registration Number/Application Number and Password.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Results will be displayed on the new screen.
- Download and save your PGIMER 2019 Result.
PGIMER 2019 Cut Off
PGIMER 2019 cut off score will be the lowest possible marks a candidate must obtain in order to be eligible for PGIMER 2019 Counselling Process. PGIMER 2019 cut off score is based on many factors such as:
- Total number of candidates appeared in the entrance test.
- Total number of candidates who passed the entrance test.
- Difficulty level of question paper.
- Total number of seats.
Based on PGIMER 2019 Cut off for various courses, Percentile score will be generated for each candidate, these percentage scores will depend on the relative difficulty of the question paper, and the relative ability of candidates. Percentile scores will be used for deciding the overall rank of the candidates. Actual scores will not be considered further.
PGIMER 2019 Counselling
Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done in the sequential order based on PGIMER 2019 Rank. Candidates have to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them. All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling center on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Important information regarding the PGIMER Counselling is given below:
- PGIMER 2019 Counselling will be held through offline mode.
- Students have to present in person for the counselling.
- Counselling will take place in four rounds.
- Distribution of seats will be done on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance exam.
- Only the candidates who will be shortlisted based on Entrance Test will be eligible for the counselling process.
- Candidates will be informed via email about his/her counselling schedule.
List of the documents/certificates is mentioned below:
- MBBS Degree Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
- No Objection Certificate (if applicable).
- 3 copies of latest passport size photograph.
- PGIMER 2019 Admit Card.
- Photo Identity Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Conduct Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Class X certificate or its equivalent.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College