Birla Institute of Technology and Science is a private deemed-to-be institution located in South Goa. The institute offers UG, PG and Doctoral level programs across Engineering and Management streams such as BE, Integrated M.Sc, ME and Ph.D. The admissions to these courses are provided on the basis of entrance exams. The institute also conducts its own entrance exam, namely, BITSAT and BITS-HD for admissions to particular courses.
BITS has an average of 90% success in terms of placements. Every year, recruiters such as Adobe, Amazon, Affle India Limited, Bajaj Auto and many other reputed companies visit the campus for placements. Additionally, the institute also offers a plethora of academic and infrastructural facilities along with highly qualified faculty members.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, South Goa Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2004 | Deemed University|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ Grade|
|Entrance Exams||BITSAT/ BITS-HD/ GATE|
|Course Offered||UG, PG and Doctorate courses|
|Popular Courses||BE, ME|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||Adobe, IBM, Infosys, HDFC Life, Bajaj Auto, Cisco, Cypress etc|
|Campus Area||180 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer Center, Laboratories, Hostel, Medical Center, Student Activity Center|
|Official Website||BITS, South Goa|
BITS, South Goa Courses
BITS Goa offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various discipline as mentioned below:
Read More: BITS, South Goa Courses & Fees
BITS, South Goa Admissions
Admissions to BE and Integrated MSc courses at Birla Institute of Technology & Science, South Goa campus are done on the basis of candidate’s merit in BITSAT which is a institute level test. However, the institute also conducts its own entrance test, namely, BITS HD for admissions to ME courses. Candidates with a valid score in the GATE entrance exam are exempted from institute level tests. For PhD courses, candidates must qualify NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC-NET-JRF or written test conducted by the institute itself. Candidates who secure decent marks will be called for an interview session.
How to Apply?
Candidates interested in BITS, South Goa campus can apply in their interested fields by following the below mentioned steps:
- Candidates first need to register themselves on the official institute website.
- After successful registration, students must fill the application form accurately with personal details, academic qualification details etc.
- Candidates already qualified in the national level entrance test of respective courses only need to fill their marks in the application form else they need to appear for the institute level entrance test.
- Upload the documents required along with the photograph and signature.
- Proceed to pay the application fee of INR 3,400 via Paytm or any other convenient method.
- Submit the application form and take a print out of the same for future reference.
Read More: BITS, South Goa Admissions 2021
BITS, South Goa Placements
BITS, South Goa has an average placement rate of 90% as about 150 large and medium sized companies visit the campus regularly for recruitment process. The placement process is started two months ahead of the end semester and various pre-placements talks are also organized. The highest salary package recorded till date is INR 1 Crore offered by Google while the average salary package offered ranges upto INR 5 LPA. Some of the top campus recruiters are:
|159 Solutions||ADM Agro||Adobe||Amazon|
Read More: BITS, South Goa Placements
BITS, South Goa Scholarships
BITS, South Goa offers scholarships to needful and deserving students on the basis of merit, financial background, category and various other parameters. Some of the scholarships offered by the institute are:
- Merit-Cum-Need [MCN] Scholarship to meritorious students with a poor financial background.
- Scholarship for SC & ST Students
- Students admitted into the MPhil programme are eligible for an institute fellowship of INR 13,400 per month in the first year.
- Additionally, the institute also provides education loan facilities.
Read More: BITS, South Goa Scholarships
BITS, South Goa Facilities
The facilities provided by BITS, South Goa include infrastructural and academic facilities briefly mentioned below:
- Hostel & Mess: There are two separate hostels for both girls and boys equipped with recreational facilities like Table Tennis, Carom along with LED TV with Dish connection, newspaper and telephones. The mess has a seating capacity of around 1200 students with good and hygienic food.
- Student Activity Center (SAC): SAC has many facilities, like, badminton, table tennis, squash, carom, dance room and a gymnasium for the students along with outdoor game facilities, like, football ground, volley ground, etc.
- Medical Center: It provides 24*7 emergency care services for all its residents through a dedicated medical team.
- Guest Accommodation: The university also has a guest accommodation for boarding and lodging on payment for the visitors in the southern corner of the campus.
- Central Library: The campus has a digital library with network connectivity and store books.
- Computer Center: The institute has 300 computers in their lab for the students.
- Laboratories: The institute provides a laboratory with instruments and apparatus for the practical experiments of its students.
Read More: BITS, South Goa Facilities
BITS, South Goa Faculty
BITS, South Goa campus has a dedicated and experienced faculty members strongly dedicated in imparting quality education to its students and providing them with useful knowledge. Each department has been appointed an HOD along with other associate and assistant professors. Some of them are
- Prof Aswini Kumar Mishra: HOD
- Mr. Arnab Banerjee (PhD); Head and Professor
- Dr. Utpal Roy (PhD): Professor
- Dr. Kundan Kumar: Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Meenal Kowshik (PhD, MSc): Professor, Department of Microbiology
Read More: BITS, South Goa Faculty
Ques. My board doesn't give aggregate marks for the 12th exam. What marks should I enter for admissions to BITS, South Goa Campus?
Ans. For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ICSE, include PCM and English in the aggregate. Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
Ques. I have passed 12th exam only. I have not done a BSc. How do you expect me to apply for MSc now at Birla Institute of Technology, Goa?
Ans. The MSc at BITS, Goa is an Integrated Masters programme. There is no intermediate BSc degree mandatory for admissions to MSc integrated courses. The input qualification and duration is the same as that for a BE program.
Ques. While entering the 12th exam marks in BITS, Goa application form, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
Ans. The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
Ques. I have applied online for Birla Institute of Technology, South Goa campus. But I made a mistake in entering 12th Marks & preferences. I want to change them. How to do it?
Ans. You were advised to be careful before entering and confirming the data while applying online. If you want to change the preferences later, you will have to log into the admission portal using your credentials and edit your 12th Marks & preferences. Editing has to be done by the applicant only using the online credentials.
Ques. I have not registered for BITSAT 2021. Can I apply for admissions at BITS, South Goa?
Ans. Unfortunately, no. You need to apply for BITSAT 2021 before the last date of admissions in order to be eligible. Except for first rank students of central/state boards in India, those who do not appear in BITSAT-2021 will not be considered further.