BITS HD 2019 Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
Birla Institute of Technical Science (BITS) conducts the BITS HD Admission Test for those students who are interested to get admission in Higher Degree Program. BITS HD 2019 will be held on May 30, 2019 to May 31, 2019 (tentative). Students must have minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination to be eligible for admission.
|BITS HD 2019 Application Forms||BITS HD Admit Card||BITS HD Result||BITS HD Participating Institutes|
- Students have to fill the online application form for appearing in the examination. The availability of online application form starts from April 20, 2019.
- It is mandatory for students to download the admit card before appearing in exam from the university official website. The admit card will be available to download from May 26, 2019 to May 29, 2019.
- BITS HD conducts 2 tests for the proper evaluation of the student. Test 1 and Test 2 are compulsory for all the students. Test 1 consists of 60 questions whereas Test 2 is comprised of 100 questions.
- On the basis of the students’ score, they will be shortlisted for counselling. The counselling will start from June 10, 2019.
BITS HD 2019 Highlights Table
|Exam Name||BITS HD Admission Test|
|Courses Offered||M.E and M.Pharm|
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Technical Science|
|Mode of BITS HD 2019||Offline|
|Medium of BITS HD 2019||English|
|Duration of BITS HD 2019||60 Minutes (Test 1) 120 Minutes (Test 2)|
|Type and Number of Questions||60 Questions (Test 1) 100 Questions (Test 2)|
|BITS HD Paper 1 sections||4 (Mathematics, Physics, English Language Skills and Principles of Management, and Computer Programming)|
Important Dates for BITS HD 2019
The following table shows the important dates regarding BITS HD 2019:
|BITS HD Online Application Start Date||April 20, 2019|
|Last date for filling Online Applications||April 29, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 4, 2019|
|Commencement of Online Test||May 30, 2019 to May 31, 2019|
|Admission Starts from||July 29, 2019|
|Registration of Courses||August 1, 2019|
BITS HD 2019 Eligibility
All the students who are seeking admission in higher degree programs must check their eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance examination. Students must have passed integrated degree of BITS or equivalent with minimum 60% marks.
The following table shows the detailed explanation of BITS HD 2019 Eligibility criteria:
|M.E||Biotechnology||Must possess any integrated first degree of BITS or equivalent with adequate preparation in Biochemistry and Microbiology|
|Chemical||Possess integrated first degree of BITS in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent such as B.E/ B.Tech (Chemical)|
|Civil||Must possess integrated first degree of BITS in Civil Engineering or its equivalent such as BE/ B.Tech (Civil)|
|Computer Science||Must possess integrated first degree of BITS in Computer Science/ Engineering or its equivalent such as B.E/ B.Tech (Computer Science/ Engineering). Candidates with BE/ B.Tech degree in IT area will not be eligible to apply for ME Computer Science|
|Communication Engineering||Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication or its equivalent such as B.E/ B.Tech in these disciplines.|
|Mechanical, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering||Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering or its equivalent such as B.E/ B.Tech in these disciplines.|
|Mechanical||Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its equivalent such as B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering|
|Embedded Systems||Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication/ Computer Science or its equivalent such as B.E/ B.Tech in these disciplines|
|Microelectronics||Integrated First degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication/ Computer Science/ Physics or its equivalent|
|Software system||Integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with specific prior preparation. Students with BE/ B.Tech degree in IT area is eligible to apply for ME Software systems.|
|M.Pharm||Pharmaceuticals||Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its equivalent such as B.Pharm|
BITS HD 2019 Application Form
For appearing in the entrance examination, it is mandatory for students to fill the application form. Students can obtain BITS HD 2019 Application Form through online mode by visiting the institute’s official website. The application process will begin on April 8, 2019. On the other hand, the last date to submit the application form online is May 20, 2019 (5 PM).
Students can fill the application form by following these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of BITS.
- Search for the online application form link.
- Fill the application form by entering student’s name, qualification details, father’s name, mother’s name, address, email ID etc.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Students are advised to download and take the printout of filled in application form for future reference.
Step 2: Pay Application Fees
- Students have to submit the application fees of amount INR 2200 at the time of application form submission.
- The mode of payment of application fees will be available on the official website.
Step 3: Submit Application Form
Students have to submit the filled in application form along with the application fees at the following address:
Rajasthan – 333031
Note: Students can submit only one form for higher degree admissions. If students find any discrepancy in the form submitted by them, then they can submit the second application form before the late date, by indicating on the top of the second application that their first application should be canceled.
BITS HD 2019 Admit Card
All the students who successfully register for the test can easily download the admit card from the official website. The admit card will be available from May 26, 2019 to May 29, 2019. Students are advised to check all the information written on the admit card carefully before downloading it. In the case of any discrepancy, students must contact the higher authorities and get it rectified as soon as possible.
By following below-mentioned steps, students can download the BITS HD 2019 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of BITS.
- Click on the BITS HD 2019 Admit Card link.
- Enter the BITS HD Application Number followed by Gender and Date of Birth.
- Click on the Submit button.
After clicking on the button, admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students are advised to take a print out of the admit card. They are advised to affix the passport size photograph on the space provided. The admit card must be attested by the gazetted officer of the head of the institution.
BITS HD 2019 Exam Pattern
BITS HD 2019 Examination will be conducted on May 30, 2019 to May 31, 2019. Students must check the examination pattern before appearing in the entrance examination. For the proper evaluation, BITS conducts 2 tests i.e. Test 1 and Test 2.
Following is the detailed explanation of BITS HD 2019 Entrance exam:
- The total time duration to complete the Test 1 is 60 minutes.
- Test 1 is comprised of a total number of 60 questions.
- Test 1 is compulsory for all the students who are applying for higher degree programs.
- Test 1 is divided into four sections namely: Mathematics, Physics, English Language Skills & Principles of Management, and Computer Programming.
- The following table shows the examination pattern of BITS HD 2019 Test 1:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|English Language Skills & Principles of Management||15|
- Test 2 must be completed in 120 minutes.
- On the other hand, Test 2 consists of a total number of 100 questions.
- Test 2 is compulsory for those students who are applying for only software systems.
- Test 2 will be based on students qualifying degree program and will test his/ her knowledge of basic subjects.
- In Test 2, the questions will be asked of the different course of different degree programs offered at BITS.
Special Test for Software Systems
- This test is only for those students who are applying for ME software systems programs at BITS.
- A total number of 50 questions are asked in this paper which should be completed in 60 minutes.
- Questions in the test are of objective type multiple choices. For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded, while for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- No marks will be awarded or deducted for un-attempted questions.
BITS HD 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for both tests is different. Students must go through each and every topic of the syllabus for clearing the entrance examination with better marks. Test 1 covers the topics from Core Mathematics, English Language, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning.
Test 2 contains the topics from Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics.
The following table shows the important topics of Test 1 and Test 2:
|Core Mathematics||Functions and Graphs|
|Limit and continuity|
|Applications of derivative and integral|
|Convergence of sequence and series|
|Maclaurin and Taylor series|
|Vector calculus in Rn|
|Theorems of Green|
|Gauss and Stokes|
|Calculus of residues and applications|
|Basis and dimension|
|Range and kernel of a linear transformation|
|Row deduction method and application to linear system of equations|
|Conditional probability and independence|
|Random variables and probability distributions|
|Marginal and conditional distributions|
|Independent random variables|
|Mean and variance|
|Poisson’s and normal distributions|
|Sum of independent random variables|
|Law of large numbers|
|Central limit theorem|
|Core Physics||Linear momentum and its Conservation|
|Angular momentum and its conservation|
|Rotational dynamics of rigid bodies|
|Conservative forces and potential energy|
|Damped and forced simple harmonic motions|
|Coupled oscillations and wave motion Coulomb’s law|
|Dielectrics and capacitors|
|Biot-Savart law and its applications|
|Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction|
|Maxwell’s equations and plane electromagnetic waves Young’s double-slit interference|
|Interference from thin films|
|Diffraction from single and double slits|
|Particle in a box|
|English Language Skills and Principles of Management||Pronunciation skills|
|Vocabulary – Synonyms and antonyms|
|Using words in appropriate contexts|
|Idioms and Phrasal verbs|
|Grammar – Word order and effective sentences|
|Use of tenses|
|Conjunctions and prepositions|
|Fundamental concepts of management- planning, organization, staffing, directing and controlling, production, Financial, personal, legal and marketing functions, accounting and budgeting, balance sheets.|
|Computer Programming||Basic Data Types and Operations|
|Control Constructs – Conditionals and Loops Lists - Arrays|
|Structured Data – Structures|
|Applications – Strings|
Syllabus for Special Test for Software Systems
|Structured Programming in C||Conditionals|
|Loops and Jumps|
|Unions and Lists|
|Functions and Variables|
|Memory Allocation model|
|Dynamic Memory Allocation – Pointers and Address Arithmetic|
|Dynamically Allocated Data and Linked Lists|
|Advanced Programming in C||User Defined Types|
|Access Restricted Lists (Stacks/Queues)|
|Macros and Preprocessing|
|Modular Programming – Separate Compilation and linking|
|File and I/Q operations|
|Object Orientation and Software Engineering||Basics of OOP – Objects and Classes, and Delegation|
|Inheritance and Dynamic Binding|
|Types and Polymorphism|
|Software Requirements Analysis and Modeling|
|Object Oriented Design|
|Modeling for Design|
|Software Testing and Quality|
|Database and Networked System||Database Modeling & Design – ER modeling|
|Database Querying – SQL|
|Local Area Networks and Ethernet|
|UDP and IP|
|World Wide Web: Client-Server Systems|
|HTTP, HTML, XML, Web-based Systems|
|Core Systems||Number Representations and Boolean algebra|
|Combinational and Sequential Circuits|
|Computer Organization: Instruction Set|
|Control and Memory Organization|
|Operating Systems – Basics|
|Processes and Threads|
|Operating systems – Memory Hierarchy|
|Local Area Networks and Ethernet|
|Internetworking: TCP/UDP and IP|
|World Wide Web: Client – Server Systems, HTTP, HTML, XML, Web-based System|
BITS HD 2019 Result
Students can check their BITS HD 2019 Result on the official website of BITS HD 2019. They can check the result by following these steps:
- The link for the result is available on the institute’s official website.
- Enter the BITS HD application form number, date of birth and gender.
- Click on the Show button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Students should take a print out for future reference.
BITS HD 2019 Cut off
Cut off marks are the minimum marks that must be secured by the candidate in order to clear the entrance examination. Cut off marks are decided on some of the following factors:
- Number of candidates appeared in the exam
- Reservation Norms
- Seats Availability
- Last year cut off
- Difficulty level of the exam
BITS HD 2019 Counselling
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their scores in the BITS HD 2019 Admission Test. The counselling is scheduled to be conducted on June 10, 2019. Students must bring the following list of documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- 10th class mark sheet and certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and certificate
- Graduate mark sheet and certificate
- Admit Card of BITS HD Entrance Examination 2019
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Date of Birth Certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College