Hyderabad University or the University of Hyderabad was established in the year 1974 and is a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country. It is an Indian Public Research University located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The university is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade and approved by AICTE and UGC. The university offers postgraduate and doctoral programs in various streams. Hyderabad University Admissions is done on the basis of marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance exams conducted by the university itself. But for integrated M.Tech the selection is based on JEE Main score.
Check Hyderabad University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission
Hyderabad University Courses Offered
Hyderabad University offers a variety of postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The list of Courses Offered by Hyderabad University consists of M.Tech, M.A, M.Sc, MBA, M.Ed, MFA, MCA, etc. In addition to this, the university also runs 5 years integrated courses i.e. B.Tech + M.Tech, B.A + M.A and B.Sc + M.Sc. The duration is different for different courses.
Also Check Hyderabad University Fees Structure
Hyderabad University Distance Education
In addition to imparting education through regular courses, Hyderabad University also offers several PG diploma programs through distance learning mode via Directorate of Distance Education (DDE).
Know More Hyderabad University Distance Education
Hyderabad University Ranking
Hyderabad University Placement
The placement and counseling center publicizes information about employment opportunities and makes information available about higher education in India and other countries. Placement talks are arranged and facilities are provided for campus interviews. A large number of students have been able to secure good jobs through the placement in some of the reputed MNCs, Govt. agencies, etc.
Hyderabad University Placement Highlights
Package in LPA
Gnana Analytics (AVISO)
Bonaven Software Solutions
Read More Hyderabad University Placements
Hyderabad University Scholarship
- M.Tech. (GATE scorers) will be paid scholarship of INR 8000. The tenure of the scholarship will be for 2 years (funded by AICTE).
- M.Phil. students will be paid fellowship INR 3000 p.m. for one year only (funded by UGC).
- Ph.D. Scholars will be paid fellowship INR 5000 p.m. for a period of 3 years.
- Concessions to Visually Challenged students: Concessions to blind students are provided by the University as per the UGC guidelines from time to time which inter-alia, include exemption from all kinds of fees, payment of Reader’s allowance @ INR 1000 p.m. in respect of PG/ M.Phil/Ph.D. students and INR 1500 for JRF holders for the employment of a Reader.
- Fellowships for research studies UGC Fellowships: UGC JRFs pursuing their research work leading to M.Phil. Ph.D. in Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences are paid a fellowship of INR 16000 p.m. for the first two years and Rs.18000/- p.m. for the subsequent years.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowships sponsored by the Ministry of Social Justice for SC/ST candidates to pursue M.Phil and Ph.D. Degrees: The value of JRF is INR 16000 p.m. for the first two years and the value of SRF is INR 18000 p.m. for the subsequent years.