Hyderabad University was established in the year 1974 and is a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country. It is an Indian Public Research university located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The university is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade and approved by AICTE and UGC. The university offers postgraduate and doctoral programs in various streams. Hyderabad University Admissions is done on the basis of marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance exams conducted by the university itself. But for integrated M.Tech the selection is based on JEE Main score.
Also check Hyderabad University Result 2017
Hyderabad University Courses Offered
Hyderabad University offers the variety of postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The list of Courses Offered by Hyderabad University consists of M.Tech, M.A, M.Sc, MBA, M.Ed, MFA, MCA etc. In addition to this, the university also runs 5 years integrated courses i.e. B.Tech + M.Tech, B.A + M.A and B.Sc + M.Sc. The duration is different for different courses.
Read more Hyderabad University Courses and Fee Structure.
Hyderabad University Admission
The university offers various courses at postgraduate and doctorate level. Hyderabad University Admission is done through entrance exam which is conducted by the university itself. Before applying for any of the program offered by the university, students are advised to check the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
PG Courses Eligibility
The basic eligibility to apply for any PG program, candidates should have a minimum three years bachelor’s degree with minimum required marks from a reputed board.
M.Phil and PhD Eligibility
University also offers research programs in various streams such as Science, Arts, Commerce, Medical etc. Candidates are selected on the basis of their merit in written test followed by an interview. Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/NBHM /JRF/RGNF/MANF are exempted from the written test. Admissions to M.Tech program will be granted on the basis of GATE scores obtained by the candidate.
Read More University of Hyderabad M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission 2018
Integrated Programs Eligibility
Hyderabad University offers 5-year integrated courses in the variety of disciplines such as Science, Arts, and Humanities. The university conducts its own entrance exam for admission to integrated programs. Selection of the candidates is done strictly on the basis of merit secured in the entrance exams.
NOTE: Admission to 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. is done on the basis of marks obtained in JEE Main.
Hyderabad University Distance Education
In addition to imparting education through regular courses, Hyderabad University also offers several PG diploma programs through distance learning mode via Directorate of Distance Education (DDE).
Read more about Hyderabad University Distance Education
Hyderabad University Ranking
Hyderabad University Placement
The placement and counselling center publicizes information about employment opportunities and makes information available about higher education in India and other countries. Placement talks are arranged and facilities are provided for campus interviews. A large number of students have been able to secure good jobs through the placement in some of the reputed MNCs, Govt. agencies etc.
Hyderabad University Placement Highlights 2014-15 Batch
Package in LPA
Gnana Analytics (AVISO)
Bonaven Software Solutions
Read more about Hyderabad University Placements
Hyderabad University Scholarship
- M.Tech. (GATE scorers) will be paid scholarship of INR 8000. The tenure of the scholarship will be for 2 years (funded by AICTE).
- M.Phil. students will be paid fellowship INR 3000 p.m. for one year only (funded by UGC).
- Ph.D. Scholars will be paid fellowship INR 5000 p.m. for a period of 3 years.
- Concessions to Visually Challenged students: Concessions to blind students are provided by the University as per the UGC guidelines from time to time which inter-alia, include exemption from all kinds of fees, payment of Reader’s allowance @ INR 1000 p.m. in respect of PG/ M.Phil/Ph.D. students and INR 1500 for JRF holders for the employment of a Reader.
- Fellowships for research studies UGC Fellowships: UGC JRFs pursuing their research work leading to M.Phil. Ph.D. in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences are paid a fellowship of INR 16000 p.m. for the first two years and Rs.18000/- p.m. for the subsequent years.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowships sponsored by the Ministry of Social Justice for SC/ST candidates to pursue M.Phil and Ph.D. Degrees: The value of JRF is INR 16000 p.m. for the first two years and the value of SRF is INR 18000 p.m. for the subsequent years.