The university has declared the list of Shortlisted candidates for MSc. Biotechnology. Waiting list of MPhil and PhD also available.
The University of Hyderabad is inviting application form for admission to the M.Sc in Biotechnology. The students can apply for admission to the course through the official website of the university till October 27. There is no Application fee. The admission will be based on the marks secured in the GAT-B.
University of Hyderabad is a central university established in the year 1974. The university has been approved by UGC and accredited by NAAC. Hyderabad University provides postgraduate and doctorate level courses across different streams of engineering, management, science and technology etc. Admissions to these courses are based on written tests and entrance exams.
The university has more than 5000 students and 400 faculty members and the campus is spread across 2300 acres of land. The university is also recognized as the 4th best institution in India by NIRF.
Hyderabad University Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1974 | Central|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main/ NIMCET/ GATE/ CAT|
|Courses offered||PG and Doctorate level courses|
|Popular courses||Integrated MA/ M.Sc|
|Admission criteria||Entrance and Written Test based|
|Campus area||2300 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteen|
|Official Website||Hyderabad University|
Hyderabad University Ranking/ Achievements
- The university has been ranked 4th best in the country by NIRF.
- Hyderabad University has been ranked 10th in the list of Institutes of National Importance.
- UoH is ranked in the range of 591-600 in the World by QS Rankings 2019.
- The university has been rated by NISSAT of the DSIR,Government of India,as the only university under High output-High impact category among the top 50 institutions in India.
Hyderabad University Courses
The university is known for providing master degree courses. Below mentioned are the course details.
|M.Sc||Mathematics||Graduation with 60% marks in relevant discipline||Written Test + Interview||2 Years|
|Statistics - OR|
|Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences||Graduation with 55% and physics and mathematics as mandatory subjects|
|Animal Biology||Graduation with 60% marks|
|Biotechnology||Graduation with 55% in relevant discipline|
|Physics||Graduation with 60% marks and physics as the main subject|
|Chemistry||Graduation with 60% marks with chemistry or biochemistry as compulsory subjects|
|Biochemistry||Graduation with 60 % with Chemistry/ Biochemistry as the main subject|
|Plant Biology & Biotechnology||Graduation with 60 % marks in relevant discipline|
|Neural & Cognitive Science|
|Health Psychology||60% marks in graduation with psychology as a compulsory subject|
|MA||Applied Linguistics||Graduation with 50% marks in English||Written Test conducted by the university||2 Years|
|Sociology||Graduation with 50% marks in sociology|
|Anthropology||Graduation with 50% marks in Anthropology|
|Financial Economics||Graduation with 50 % marks in economics|
|Political Science||Graduation with 50% marks in social science and humanities|
|Philosophy||Graduation with 50% marks|
|Telugu||Graduation with 50% marks|
|Urdu||Graduation with 50% marks in Urdu|
|Communication||Bachelor's degree with 55% marks in communication|
|History||Graduation with 50% marks in History|
|Hindi||Graduation with hindi as one of the subjects|
|Education||Bachelor's degree in BA/B.Sc/B.Com with 55% aggregate marks|
|MCA||-||Graduation with at least 60% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as the main subject||NIMCET||2 Years|
|MBA||Health Care & Hospital Management||Graduation with at least 60% marks in relevant discipline||CAT followed by GD and Interview|
|Health Care and Hospital Management|
|M.Tech||IC Technology||BE/ B.Tech in relevant discipline||Written Test conducted by the university +Interview|
|Artificial Intelligence||Written Test conducted by the university +Interview + GATE|
|Integrated M.Sc||Mathematical Science||10+2 with 60% aggregate marks||Written Test conducted by the university +Interview||5 Years|
|Optometry & Vision Sciences|
|Hindi||Written Test conducted by the university +Interview|
Read more: Hyderabad University Courses & Fees
Hyderabad University Admissions
Admissions to most of the courses provided by Hyderabad University are based on Written Tests and personal interviews conducted by the university itself.
- Admissions to Integrated M.Tech are based on JEE Main Score.
- Admissions to MCA are based on NIMCET Score.
- Admissions to MBA are based on CAT Score followed by Personal Interview and GD.
- Admissions to M.Tech are based on GATE Score followed by Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Admissions to M.Phil and Ph.D are based on Written Test followed by Interview or UGC NET/CSIR NET/NBHM /JRF/ICMR/ ICAR/ DBT scores.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Hyderabad University.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the application form with all necessary details.
- Submit the application form along with the formalities required.
- Pay the application fee of INR 550 (INR 350 for OBC & INR 250 for SC/ST/PH) by Credit/ Debit Card or through Net-Banking.
Read More: Hyderabad University Admissions
JEE-Mains B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering 2019 Cutoff
Read More: Hyderabad University Cutoff
Hyderabad University Results
Hyderabad University releases its results on its official website. Candidates can follow the steps below to check the results:
- Visit the official university website.
- Locate the ‘Result’ tab on the home screen and click on it. You will be directed to the Login page.
- Enter your Hall ticket number and DOB details.
Click on submit.
- Download your score card.
Read More: Hyderabad University Results
Hyderabad University Placements
University of Hyderabad popularly known as UOH, conducted its 2020 placement drive despite Covid-19 and has maintained an impressive placement record. This year around 348 students are placed.
During the 2020 placement drive, the Highest Domestic CTC stood at INR 22.8 LPA which is the highest in the University’s history and the Highest International CTC stood at INR 43 LPA whereas the Minimum CTC stood at INR 3 LPA.
Highest International CTC Offered
INR 43 LPA
Highest Domestic CTC Offered
INR 22.8 LPA
Minimum CTC Offered
INR 3 LPA
TCS, Deloitte, HSBC
- The highest domestic pay package was offered by EA Sports to the students of MCA and M-Tech and the highest International pay package was offered by Silicon Austria Labs, Austria.
- Total of 131 companies participated in the recruitment drive and some of the top recruiters include TCS, Deloitte, HSBC and many more.
The following graph represents the year-wise placements trends for the UOH:
There has been a constant increase in the number of students placed since 2017.
Read More: Hyderabad University Placements
Hyderabad University Scholarships
Hyderabad university provides scholarships to its eligible, economically backward and deserving candidates. The eligibility for scholarships depends on family income, graduation marks, place of permanent residence and other parameters. Candidates are required to fill the scholarship application forms in the respective department offices.
Read More: Hyderabad University Scholarships
Hyderabad University Facilities
The institute provides following facilities:
- Library: Library has a print collection of around four lakhs which includes textbooks, journals, monographs etc. It also consists of more than 25000 e-resources along with e-books and provides all the advanced facilities to its students such as wifi.
- Hostel: There are 21 hostels for students i.e 13 for boys and 8 for girls. All the basic facilities are provided in the hostel and the rooms are quite comfortable. The hostel is located in north and south campuses so that students are near to the departments of research.
- Canteen: There are around 7 canteens in the campus which provide breakfast, lunch and dinner facility to the students.
- Infrastructural Facilities: There are 4 multi purpose auditoriums having a capacity of 700 which is mainly used for cultural events. The campus also consists of a shopping complex.
Read More: Hyderabad University Facilities
Hyderabad University Faculty
The university consists of highly qualified professors who are completely dedicated towards their profession and have immense knowledge in their respective field. Most of the associate professors are qualified from elite institutions such as IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, Pune university etc. Almost every faculty has a Ph.D degree. The faculty is very much dedicated and has a professional approach towards their work.
Read More: Hyderabad University Faculty
Hyderabad University FAQs
Ques. How do I get into the University of Hyderabad for an M.A. in English?
Ans. You will be having an entrance examination in the month of May- June based on the merit in the entrance examination. You will be called for the interview after that based on the merit in the entrance examination and interview you will be called for the counselling.The seats will be given purely based on the written test and interview.
Ques. How should you prepare for an interview at University of Hyderabad?
Ans. Preparing General Knowledge questions on national and University background like when university was established and Rankings, very easiest questions and typing skills and personal interview.
Ques. I'm preparing for an entrance test now for an MA in English at University of Hyderabad. But, I have no idea about the syllabus. Where can I find it?
Ans. MA programme covers different areas of English Studies (Language and Literature) like Shakespeare and the Seventeenth Century; Eighteenth Century, indian Writing in English; Structure of English Language and other aspects of language study.
Ques. How good is the University of Hyderabad?
Ans. University of Hyderabad is a very nice campus, for study and sports purpose university is good, 24/7 Reading room available with internet access, hostel facility nice. Semester fee is also very less compared with other institutions except 2 or 3 departments.
Ques. What is the hostel fee for Indian students at Hyderabad Central University? Is there any financial assistance for backward classes?
Ans. The hostel fee for Indian students is INR 500 per year. For SC/ST/OBC students, there is an INR 750 per month financial assistance, which is paid by the Telangana govt. toward mess fee, which usually ranges around 1.6k–2.2k depending on various factors. There is no direct assistance as such for the room rent.
Ques. What are the courses offered at the University of Hyderabad (UOH)?
Ques. What is the admission criteria for the MBA admission at the University of Hyderabad (UOH)?
Ques. How to avail the University of Hyderabad (UOH) scholarship?
Ques. What are the facilities available at the University of Hyderabad (UOH)?
Ques. Does the University of Hyderabad (UOH) provide hostel facilities?