Updated On - January 12th 2018
Yogi Vemana University started to be by the Act of the Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Assembly with impact from March 9, 2006. It is only at a distance of 15 km from Kadapa city on the Kadapa-Pulivendula Road. The campus is spread over 1100 acres of land. The campus has an adequate infrastructure with all the modern facilities helping the students in pursuing their study. At present, the college is functioning with 115 faculty members and 200 non-teaching staff.
The University's central objectives are-
- Creation and spreading of information & knowledge.
- Achievement of edified insight through the progression of academic learning.
- Advancement and thriving of individuals and social improvement.
- Essential ethical and moral models in the hunt for accurate information.
- Scholastic flexibility and verbal confrontation.
- Providing the students with a testing splinted and scholastic environment.
The University is known for providing quality information to all the students through both full time and distance studying options. The courses offered are much prestigious and sought after by students from all over the country. The specialized courses offered by the University are -
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) in various disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in various disciplines
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Arts (MA) etc.
There are again a lot many postgraduate diploma courses offered along with the degree and certification programs.
The facilities that a University upholds for its students are vital in terms of its safe and comfortable surroundings will put the students in a proper frame of mind to study. All this is taken care of by the Yogi Vemana University, and the following facilities are made available by them-
- TheYogi Vemana University has separate provisions for hostels for both their male and female students.
- The separate buildings, i.e. the boy’s hostel and the girl’s hostel are both outfitted with the same facilities.
- The rooms are spacious and generally furnished and come with television sets.
- There are single accommodation, double accommodation, and dormitory accommodation facilities in each of the hostel buildings.
- The hostels are connected to the university canteen namely “Oasis”, and are partially sponsored and are controlled by a contractor. The canteen provides the students with a wide range of choices concerning snacks, espresso, tea, cool beverages, breakfast and also lunch.
The library is a vital part of any university and at Yogi Vemana University it is characterized in the following manner:
- Books: 34039
- Current Journals: 36
- Magazines: 14
- CD's: 146
- Back Volumes of Journals: 82
- Theses: 05
- Project Reports: 71
- Newspapers: 13
Another library namely the C.P. Brown Library is also established in the University Campus.
- Medicinal availability and first aid services for some crisis cases are accommodated for both the staff and all the students.
- The Health Centre gives outpatient medicine both in the morning and during the evening or any time during the night.
- The administrations of a Medical Officer and Para Medical Personnel are used for the treatment of the staff, faculty, and students.
- The crisis cases are dealt with and transferred inside of 20 minutes to the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) that is in Kadapa for better medicinal care by the University’s own ambulance.
- The University has a separate department of Sports and Physical Education
- The department offers an extensive variety of games administrations for both the students and the staff.
- The university has created an up to date fitness focus with 16 stations multi- recreation center and additionally built some grounds for distinctive games and exercises.
The students at the Yogi Vemana University are very much encouraged to practice Extra Curricular activities. A separate association of students has been formed who put up a cultural program every year concerning these activities and showcase their talent in the form of performances, exhibitions, and competitions. These may include-
- Photography exhibitions
- Display of artwork and paintings
- Musical concerts
- Dance performances
- Performance by the drama club, etc.